Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 team ranking so far

Started by holeinthewall, February 18, 2015, 12:31:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdaddyhawg

It's hard for me to imagine any list more irrelevant than a recruiting rankings list two weeks short of a full year ahead of the signing day.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

WooPig90

Thanks? This means nothing right now

Hogberry Snortcake

The_Iceman

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 18, 2015, 12:55:13 pm
It's hard for me to imagine any list more irrelevant than a recruiting rankings list two weeks short of a full year ahead of the signing day.

Truth

PeabodyHawg

Tenner has 6 commits.  Just 40 more and Butch will have next years class filled.

ricepig

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on February 18, 2015, 02:05:06 pm
Tenner has 6 commits.  Just 40 more and Butch will have next years class filled.

I knew those big classes would finally catch up to them......

Vantage 8 dude

Golly gee, major panic time 'cause currently we're off to a horrific start. How are we going to get any place when we're in 50th place (and dropping)?! (Heavy sarcasm now very much off)

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

VirginiaHog

Two things jump out.

Ole Miss and Georgia with 2 5 stars.
Miami wifh 18 commits?

Hopefully Miami is full by spring and wont have any sway in the guys we go after down there.

ricepig

Quote from: VirginiaHog on February 18, 2015, 03:12:03 pm
Two things jump out.

Ole Miss and Georgia with 2 5 stars.
Miami wifh 18 commits?

Hopefully Miami is full by spring and wont have any sway in the guys we go after down there.

Half of the Miami guys will flip to another school, they're just getting a spot at the moment.

FutureMan

I know people have already pointed this out but I wanted to add my own comment: Miami with already 18 commits?  What the Hell?
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

The_Iceman

Quote from: FutureMan on February 18, 2015, 03:23:22 pm
I know people have already pointed this out but I wanted to add my own comment: Miami with already 18 commits?  What the Hell?

http://miami.247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/Commits

All 18 from the state of Florida.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on February 18, 2015, 02:05:06 pm
This is my non-signature signature.

ar_hog_fan

Quote from: ricepig on February 18, 2015, 02:32:59 pm
I knew those big classes would finally catch up to them......

+1 that was good.  8)

Ragnar Hogbrok

Wut?  We're 49th???  Boy, oh Buluma better start cruitin' better.  Ain't gonna ever win da SEC with a 49 ranked cruitin' class.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on February 18, 2015, 02:50:30 pm
Ole miss with 2 five stars?
i was looking at that.  One is from Oxford, a WR.  the other is the QB from Louisiana, Shea Patterson who apparently committed this week.  that is a huge get for the Rebels.  he probably thinks he can step in and play immediately.  Most of the other guys are from mississippi.  Let's hope Freeze doesn't keep up this pace.  Miami is unbelievable with 18 already.  That can backfire (ask Mack Brown) as some of the kids peak a little early and don't develop as well as expected and you may not get a better player because you have already filled up your class. 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ChicoHog on February 18, 2015, 09:23:37 pm
i was looking at that.  One is from Oxford, a WR.  the other is the QB from Louisiana, Shea Patterson who apparently committed this week.  that is a huge get for the Rebels.  he probably thinks he can step in and play immediately.  Most of the other guys are from mississippi.  Let's hope Freeze doesn't keep up this pace.  Miami is unbelievable with 18 already.  That can backfire (ask Mack Brown) as some of the kids peak a little early and don't develop as well as expected and you may not get a better player because you have already filled up your class.
Well they certainly need to pick it up big time when it comes to a QB. It appears what they have already on campus is certainly nothing to brag about. Oh yeah, for the sake of OM ole Hugh better pick it up substantially when it comes to the OL. Again, from what I've seen a 5 star signal caller does little good if he's either/or running for his life and/or flat on his back 'cause defensive linemen are pouring in like water.

Hoggish1

HOGINTENNESSEE

February 18, 2015, 10:20:33 pm #19 Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:26:06 am by HOGINTENNESSEE
100% chance that is not how any of these teams finish

Swinehart

All I can say is: "Thank God for Mississippi".

Oh wait . . . they're number 2!

hawginbigd1

February 19, 2015, 10:20:20 am #21 Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:04:00 am by hawginbigd1
We have offers to 2 of those U commits. Rivals has us offering 52 prospects already and Scout has 41. Rivals Breakdown by state: LA-10, TX-13, FL-8, GA-6, AR-3, AL-3, DC-2 OL teammates, and 1 each for KS, VA, OH, MS, CA & NC. I didn't realize we had that many offers out already. Hopefully we only have to sign 20 or 21 in this class, if so that means our attrition is low, and they feel good about the people they have already brought in.

Nipsey Mussle

You mean Bama won't finish 18th?

hawginbigd1

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 19, 2015, 10:53:59 am
You mean Bama won't finish 18th?
At some point arent they only going to be able to sign like 6 players in an upcoming class surely along with Tenner ;D

holeinthewall

Quote from: FutureMan on February 18, 2015, 03:23:22 pm

19 as of this morning and 4 already in the 17 classincluding RB Burns who will be a 5 star. All but one is from Soutrh Florida. Golden has either had a brain transplant or is leaving the next HC a loaded team.  Will be interesting to se if his coaching ability and defensive schemes improve also.

scruf

Two things stand out:

1) This thread is stupid
2) I'm dumber for posting in it
3) I can't math
4) lol @ Ole Miss - I not scare

ChicoHog

Quote from: holeinthewall on February 24, 2015, 11:45:25 am
19 as of this morning and 4 already in the 17 classincluding RB Burns who will be a 5 star. All but one is from Soutrh Florida. Golden has either had a brain transplant or is leaving the next HC a loaded team.  Will be interesting to se if his coaching ability and defensive schemes improve also.
Golden did a great job at Temple and I thought he would be a success at Miami but has struggled so far.  Maybe he will get it turned around.  I hope not for our sake. 

FATHAWG08

This staff doesn't offer until they see a player in person. We will make our move this summer.
I love off season Football!!

PaintballHog

What time last year did we have the surge of really early recruits?

duckman

I think Ole Mi$$ may have taken over the mantra of dirtiest program in the SEC, Gus must be pissed...

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: duckman on February 25, 2015, 09:28:26 am
I think Ole Mi$$ may have taken over the mantra of dirtiest program in the SEC, Gus must be pissed...
He is thinking where is Trooper when you need him.