Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kapita to the Hogs

Started by ricepig, February 12, 2015, 06:08:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Polecat

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 13, 2015, 09:25:03 am
Durham is one of those players that is most effective when you don't realize he is on the court. What I mean by that is, if he is playing great man to man defense, handling the basketball, and distributing, he is doing exactly what we need him to do. If you notice him turning the ball over, taking a bunch of shots, or getting beat on defense....then he is really hurting us.

Kinda sucks that we were desperately looking for JC guard last year and overlooked Stefan Moody. He'd be an awesome addition to this team
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

poloprince

Quote from: Polecat on February 13, 2015, 10:15:21 am
Kinda sucks that we were desperately looking for JC guard last year and overlooked Stefan Moody. He'd be an awesome addition to this team

Moody wasn't overlooked, MA is high in character and usually doesn't take chances on players such as Moody.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Ā 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: JackJohnson on February 12, 2015, 08:55:27 pm
This is my hope- replacing Durham with Allen.  APR is fine now- can't afford to keep ur misses

Kapita- wow!!  Huge and unexpected!!

I see more upside with Durham over Miles, it may be an extra year but i think Durham has a role.

texas tush hog

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 12, 2015, 06:28:09 pm
how is a 98.43 not a 5 star player . is this our answer for the possibility of portis leaving ?

Probably.

VirginiaHog

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 13, 2015, 11:03:42 am
Probably.
No this has nothing to do with Portis
Madden out. Whitt in. Check
Harris out. Kapita in. Check
Now do i feel Portis is out? Likely. But that would mean a 3rd guy. Either Frazier or the 6 10 center whose name is slipping me right now.

The_Iceman

Quote from: VirginiaHog on February 13, 2015, 11:19:08 am
Now do i feel Portis is out? Likely. But that would mean a 3rd guy. Either Frazier or the 6 10 center whose name is slipping me right now.

OUT:
PG/SG Madden
PF Harris
PF/C Portis

IN:
PG/SG Whitt
SG Hannahs
PF/C Kapita

LINEUP
PG: Beard / Babb or Durham
SG: Bell / Whitt / Hannahs
SF: Qualls / Watkins
PF: Williams / Kapita / Miles
C: Kingsley / Thompson

With Kapita's versatility, he could back up either Jacorey or Kingsley, depending on which one of Thompson or Miles seems more ready to play next year at their spot.

psooie

Why waste a scholarship on watkins? just give his dad a raise to cover everything. Only vanity would require him needing a scholarship.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: psooie on February 13, 2015, 11:35:07 am
Why waste a scholarship on watkins? just give his dad a raise to cover everything. Only vanity would require him needing a scholarship.

Yep. 100% agree

CDBHawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 13, 2015, 11:26:47 am
OUT:
PG/SG Madden
PF Harris
PF/C Portis

IN:
PG/SG Whitt
SG Hannahs
PF/C Kapita

LINEUP
PG: Beard / Babb or Durham
SG: Bell / Whitt / Hannahs
SF: Qualls / Watkins
PF: Williams / Kapita / Miles
C: Kingsley / Thompson

With Kapita's versatility, he could back up either Jacorey or Kingsley, depending on which one of Thompson or Miles seems more ready to play next year at their spot.

Hannahs is already on scholarship. If Potis leaves, we will be able to put a third player on scholarship.

Paul

couldn't agree more.  Did we offer him out of high school?  No  Was he offered by any of the Power 5 programs?  No
Ridiculous!

The_Iceman

Quote from: CDBHawg on February 13, 2015, 11:56:24 am
Hannahs is already on scholarship. If Potis leaves, we will be able to put a third player on scholarship.

Or save it for 2016 when we really need it.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Paul on February 13, 2015, 12:05:11 pm
  couldn't agree more.  Did we offer him out of high school?  No  Was he offered by any of the Power 5 programs?  No
Ridiculous!
I Agree. Give Melvin Watkins a nice raise and take Manny off scholarship. this opens up a spot for another outstanding player like Frazier or others we may be on.

WooPig90

I thought Watkins isnt on scholarship?

Ā 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 13, 2015, 12:26:00 pm
I Agree. Give Melvin Watkins a nice raise and take Manny off scholarship. this opens up a spot for another outstanding player like Frazier or others we may be on.
Manny is a walk-on

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: WooPig90 on February 13, 2015, 12:37:26 pm
I thought Watkins isnt on scholarship?
I was thinking the same, he is not on scholarship.

benji

Manny is a walk-on, he is not on a scholarships and he gives us very good minutes when he is on the floor. Calm down!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 13, 2015, 11:26:47 am

Change of direction a bit (sorry), but I still believe Keaton will be a valuable member of the rotation next year. 

I know he's had a very slow start, and has got work to do, but every once in a while you see a flash from him.

I would be really nice if he comes on for us next year.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

pfrg999

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 12, 2015, 07:58:10 pm
Wrong! Trey Tompson has outstanding skills. he can shoot it and pass it. he is going to be a good player before he leaves here.

He will be a very good player for us.. He is just young in the system...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

mhuff

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on February 12, 2015, 08:07:38 pm
Sorry Joe but we disagree on Thompson. Him not redshirting put him a yr or two behind.

Honeynutt, I don't think not redshirting put him behind. I think not playing him with quality minutes put our team behind.

Way to go MA.... This is a quality player and the kind we need to be pulling in. I hope that he is healthy and can develop into a beast. He could be a man among boys.

Peppa Pig

Quote from: mhuff on February 13, 2015, 03:57:59 pm
Honeynutt, I don't think not redshirting put him behind. I think not playing him with quality minutes put our team behind.

Way to go MA.... This is a quality player and the kind we need to be pulling in. I hope that he is healthy and can develop into a beast. He could be a man among boys.

Yeah!  Way to go MA.  You big bum with your lousy 19-5 record and having just landed your second STUD player of the year.  He's the worst...

Tim

Quote from: VirginiaHog on February 13, 2015, 11:19:08 am
Forgot Dusty Hannahs

Addendum: apparently Hannahs is already on scholarship.  My mistake. 

RunHogruN

A very good addition to the team.  I am hoping that Portis stays next season. I don't think Qualls will leave as well. He needs a little more developing with certain skills. 

If Bobby comes back this team will have a nice blend of front court players to rotate.  Kingsley is still developing. I like his aggressiveness on defense but still needs some polish with his offense though.  The other big guy Thompson I believe is his name also needs a little more time developing.  Kapita and the other big guys will only get better with time especially with Portis around setting the standards. 

The future is looking bright.  Time will tell if CMA's hard work will come to fruition.  For our fan's sake. We hope so. 
It's only a game...R E L A X     B)

ricepig

Quote from: mhuff on February 13, 2015, 03:57:59 pm

Umm, maybe he didn't deserve those minutes?

mhuff

IMHO.... Kingsley and Portis should have been playing together this year and last...... I mean from the first game of the season. The announcers have thought so as well. If you play Thompson then you have an experienced player to come into the game this year and next. What do we have now.

Ā 

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 13, 2015, 12:24:29 pm

This.  2016 is has a chance to be a big class talent and size quanity wise with Monk, Macon, Smith, Fisher and Davis as possibly signees.

The_Iceman

Quote from: mhuff on February 13, 2015, 05:42:23 pm
IMHO.... Kingsley and Portis should have been playing together this year and last...... I mean from the first game of the season. The announcers have thought so as well. If you play Thompson then you have an experienced player to come into the game this year and next. What do we have now.

I think Mikes like having Moses come in for Portis. If they play together, that leaves Harris and Williams as your second unit front court.

I think them being separated helps if Portis gets in foul trouble.

farmhawg

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 12, 2015, 07:58:10 pm
Wrong! Trey Tompson has outstanding skills. he can shoot it and pass it. he is going to be a good player before he leaves here.
hasn't shown anything yet
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

mhuff

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 13, 2015, 06:42:25 pm
I think Mikes like having Moses come in for Portis. If they play together, that leaves Harris and Williams as your second unit front court.

I think them being separated helps if Portis gets in foul trouble.

Ice , I am just talking about them playing together 5 minutes or so a couple of times a half. Then,you take out say Kingsley and put in Harris or Williams. Then you take out Portis and put Kingsley back in. Then maybe Williams goes in at the same time. Eventually before the half is over Kingsley and Portis play together again.

ArmyOfnobunaga

two things...

this is bigbigbigbigbigbig

HUGE

second

those thinking portis and qualls are coming back either : 1a Don't follow a lot of college basketball (this is ok, at times i don't either)
1b Still think KJ hill may end up on the hill (not ok, but its your life... 89 shades of grey this weekend will make your day)

Guys they are gone. I think they lead the sec and maybe nation on 2 starters combined stats... they ARE gone. lol.

And not a one of us dareith blame them... not a one of us.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 12, 2015, 06:28:09 pm
how is a 98.43 not a 5 star player . is this our answer for the possibility of portis leaving ?

if Duke had been talking to him seriously, I bet the 5th star would be there.  LOL. I read where Kansas had been interested in him but I guess not strong enough to get him his 5th star. 

It would definitely seem to be a big help to try to fill the void when Bobby P goes to the "Association."

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on February 13, 2015, 09:05:43 pm
two things...

this is bigbigbigbigbigbig

HUGE

second

those thinking portis and qualls are coming back either : 1a Don't follow a lot of college basketball (this is ok, at times i don't either)
1b Still think KJ hill may end up on the hill (not ok, but its your life... 89 shades of grey this weekend will make your day)

Guys they are gone. I think they lead the sec and maybe nation on 2 starters combined stats... they ARE gone. lol.

And not a one of us dareith blame them... not a one of us.
Is Qualls really thinking of leaving?  He should stay in school.  NBA Draft Express has him as the #31 pick in the 2016 draft. 

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/

but I doubt he would be drafted in 2015.  I have season tickets to the Memphis Grizzlies and go to every game and watch every road game on TV. I watch a ton of NBA basketball, as Im sure a bunch of folks on here do as well, and as much as I like Michael, he is not anything that stands out as far as NBA talent, at least right now.

Sure he is athletic and can jump out of the gym and dunk, but so can just about all the guys in the NBA draft.  He might be able to hit some college 3s but the NBA 3 point line is a totally different animal.    I really hope he will stay for his senior year.  If he wants to go to Europe, he might be able to make a little money.  If he comes out after this year, he will play for peanuts in the D-League. 

He needs to come back and the undisputed leader of the 2015-2016 Razorbacks.

Portis?? He's gone.  Most likely the #20 pick in the first round or thereabouts. He will leave. Glad Kapita is coming.  Nice job Mike Anderson.  Great pickup

immahog

Quote from: benji on February 13, 2015, 02:41:49 pm
Manny is a walk-on, he is not on a scholarships and he gives us very good minutes when he is on the floor. Calm down!

and he attends for free since his dad works for the U of A right ?
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

ricepig

Quote from: immahog on February 14, 2015, 10:55:06 am
and he attends for free since his dad works for the U of A right ?

Wrong, I believe it's a 50% discount on tuition.

Nipsey Mussle

Absolutely!!!!!

Except that he isn't on scholarship. He's one of those walk on thingies.

Hatleyville454

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on February 14, 2015, 10:30:58 am
if Duke had been talking to him seriously, I bet the 5th star would be there.  LOL. I read where Kansas had been interested in him but I guess not strong enough to get him his 5th star. 

It would definitely seem to be a big help to try to fill the void when Bobby P goes to the "Association."

He was a five star last summer after showing out at the Lebron Skills Academy, but got dropped to a four star after getting injured.

choppedporkextrasauce

Man some of you might want to rethink your thoughts on Manny Watkins.

Kid has some hops and his name will be remembered well for his game winner.

CDBHawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 13, 2015, 12:24:29 pm

Already have Qualls, Williams, Bell, Miles, & Durham coming off scholarship in 2016. I'd think 5 would be enough. No reason to save schilarships, use them.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Hatleyville454 on February 14, 2015, 11:49:06 am
He was a five star last summer after showing out at the Lebron Skills Academy, but got dropped to a four star after getting injured.
well okay.  Didnt know that.  Very nice pickup for Mike.

BigPapaHawg

Great pick up! He is needed!
WOO PIG

pondwater jack

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

booogaga

I did not know he was at the Lebron SA. They moves him up another notch on my scale.
GO HOGS!