Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Devwah Whaley

Started by Darren DeLoach, February 10, 2015, 08:40:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren DeLoach

According to Rivals, the Beaumont (Texas) four-star running back is coming soon on an unofficial.

http://247sports.com/Player/Devwah-Whaley-33409
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

jackflash

We have a real shot to get this kid.

Hogberry Snortcake

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

count of bacon

MissippHog

count of bacon

Thanks. ......I'll be more thorough next time.

AugustaHog

I'd take Whaley and Devin White in this class and call it a day at RB.  Late in the process, if it is looking ridiculously obvious that AC is going pro, we could look at a 3rd guy.  Those two are beasts and would really add to our RB corps for years to come.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: AugustaHog on February 11, 2015, 08:05:32 am
I'd take Whaley and Devin White in this class and call it a day at RB.  Late in the process, if it is looking ridiculously obvious that AC is going pro, we could look at a 3rd guy.  Those two are beasts and would really add to our RB corps for years to come.

White won't be an option if he gets an LSU offer (which is likely)

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

With White, we will be right there on him. He does have family on this team and that will help. Whaley loves the Arkansas attention and JWills success is helping us recruit Texas rbs

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on February 11, 2015, 09:41:18 am
White won't be an option if he gets an LSU offer (which is likely)

I think a lot depends on if LSU wants him on offense or defense.

hawginbigd1

This would be almost a coup to pry this kid away from aTm it looks like.

Hawgboy64

Will Whaley be a RB or Safety?
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

ARtillahog

mhuff

Quote from: jackflash on February 10, 2015, 09:15:47 pm
We have a real shot to get this kid.

Jack, what makes you think so?

Tim Harris

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on February 11, 2015, 10:20:47 am
With White, we will be right there on him. He does have family on this team and that will help. Whaley loves the Arkansas attention and JWills success is helping us recruit Texas rbs

Over the years the family connection has been used plenty of times on Hogville but I can't ever remember us landing a recruit because of that.

AugustaHog

I think it will get us a look.  However, if this kid has grown up loving LSU and is tried and true a Tiger fan, it won't matter.  One way this may play out in our favor is that LSU waits until late (January 2016 or so) and decide as they miss out on a few kids that maybe Devin is somebody who could help them.  If we have that much of a head start on this guy, we may be able to snag him.  Playing time will be a huge selling point, something that LSU won't be able to sell as a true FR.  Let's hope AC and JWill have awesome years and kids start knocking down the door to commit.

Hogs-n-Roses

LSU is young n strong at RB. They have 3 returning from last year who were freshmen or RS freshmen and recruited 4 more this last class. One was Guise a 5* also got a 4* n 2 3stars.Thats 7 on roster for next year n the year after. We'll have 3 I believe , assuming Collins leaves.

redeye

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 12, 2015, 07:55:18 am
Over the years the family connection has been used plenty of times on Hogville but I can't ever remember us landing a recruit because of that.

Hunter Henry and Jake Bequette are a couple that come to mind for me.  I know we've missed on several players with family connections in recent years, but they do matter.

I don't know much about White other then what Richard has reported, but that makes me think we have a shot.

Hugehogsfan

Would love to put a big time RB recruit out there committed this early and build on that for the next year.  I think if we have a monster year compared to what we've been doing and put a couple of people in the NFL draft, we could be looking at some good classes coming.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: redeye link=topic=588134.msg95
58132#msg9558132 date=1423956958

Hunter Henry and Jake Bequette are a couple that come to mind for me.  I know we've missed on several players with family connections in recent years, but they do matter.

I don't know much about White other then what Richard has reported, but that makes me think we have a shot.
He was talking about out of state guys
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

redeye

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on February 14, 2015, 05:48:44 pm
He was talking about out of state guys

You may be right, but I don't see that noted or implied anywhere.

Regardless, I know there are out of state examples, too, but I can't think of who off the top of my head.  We've certainly missed on several from out of state recently, though.

JackJohnson

Quote from: redeye on February 14, 2015, 07:03:20 pm

Regardless, I know there are out of state examples, too, but I can't think of who off the top of my head.  We've certainly missed on several from out of state recently, though.

5* DE Soloman Thomas- sister attends here
4* RB Kevin Shorter- cousin is DJ Dean who is "like a brother"  to shorter
3* CB Raymond Wingo- brother of Ronnie
4* S Payton Hendrix- cousin Keaton Miles is on basketball team
4* DE Demetriuos Jackson- cousin to Kirkland
4* TE Deandre Goolsby- WR coach Michael Smith has literally known him since birth and used to babysit him
5* WR Malachi Dupree- his would be position coach Michael Smith his is 2nd cousin
4* OT Keaton Sutherland - has 3 brothers attending UA

RAZORHOGG15

Quote from: AugustaHog on February 11, 2015, 08:05:32 am
I coach on a semi pro team in the area and AC's roommate plays tailback for us.  For what it's worth his plan as of now is to stay 4 years.  Things can change, but as of today he wants to stay.  He even came to our practice today and watched
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

redeye

Quote from: JackJohnson on February 14, 2015, 07:19:27 pm
5* DE Soloman Thomas- sister attends here
4* RB Kevin Shorter- cousin is DJ Dean who is "like a brother"  to shorter
3* CB Raymond Wingo- brother of Ronnie
4* S Payton Hendrix- cousin Keaton Miles is on basketball team
4* DE Demetriuos Jackson- cousin to Kirkland
4* TE Deandre Goolsby- WR coach Michael Smith has literally known him since birth and used to babysit him
5* WR Malachi Dupree- his would be position coach Michael Smith his is 2nd cousin
4* OT Keaton Sutherland - has 3 brothers attending UA

That's why I said we've certainly missed on several from out of state recently.

Tim Harris

Quote from: redeye on February 14, 2015, 07:03:20 pm

Yes I'm talking out of state.  In state recruiting is different.

Like you said there may be some out there but it doesn't happen often and I can't think of one time it helped us.

redeye

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 15, 2015, 03:19:19 pm
Yes I'm talking out of state.  In state recruiting is different.

Like you said there may be some out there but it doesn't happen often and I can't think of one time it helped us.

To be honest, I can't think of any either.  The last player I remember for any sport was Lee Mayberry.  I still think there have been some who I can't recall, but yea, it doesn't happen often.

It may not matter as much as I thought, but if nothing else, it's a connection with players we can try to build on.

tophawg19

Philon either had a relative or close friend on our team . that got us in on him .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Tim Harris

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 15, 2015, 07:35:36 pm
Philon either had a relative or close friend on our team . that got us in on him .

JaMichael Winston was already committed.  They went to the same HS so our coaches had at least been by there recruiting.  That is a decent example but it doesn't seem to help us often.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on February 14, 2015, 05:40:19 pm
Would love to put a big time RB recruit out there committed this early and build on that for the next year.  I think if we have a monster year compared to what we've been doing and put a couple of people in the NFL draft, we could be looking at some good classes coming.

Next to Elijah Holyfield, Devwah may be the most impressive back I have seen in this class. I wish we could get in on Evander's son but I am afraid he is going to be Georgia's next Herschel.

sowmonella

He's got a new Bama offer.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003