Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

IMG Academy

Started by HogsOfAnarchy, February 09, 2015, 11:00:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogsOfAnarchy

This school is stacked with talent. Hopefully Froholdt can help recruit some players for us. Will be tough to pull away from Florida  and Florida state. But with our coaches I can  believe we could make a run on a couple
http://247sports.com/Player/Shavar-Manuel-43627
http://247sports.com/Player/Saivion-Smith-60921
http://247sports.com/Player/Malik-Henry-37025
http://247sports.com/Player/Isaac-Nauta-26511
http://247sports.com/Player/Rahshaun-Smith-21501

these are all ranked in the top 50.

HogsOfAnarchy

By looking  at rivals  this school is always stacked with talent

hardtimes79

It's pretty much becoming a farm for FSU and other Florida schools.  Weinke is loyal to FSU first and foremost.
The easiest way to save face is to keep the lower half shut.

RyeHogFan

Quote from: hardtimes79 on February 09, 2015, 11:08:07 am
It's pretty much becoming a farm for FSU and other Florida schools.  Weinke is loyal to FSU first and foremos

This is true. Froholdt is very likely to be the lone exception for us at IMG and that's because he was already committed to us prior to going there. It would be nice to get a foothold there, but I just don't think it's gonna happen. Better off just setting our focus on other parts of Florida.

secneahog

We did get a safety from img also.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

razorbacker3

IMG just started a football program 2 years ago. Getting a foothold now for recruiting would be great.

hawgwash

I wonder how many of the kids at this school, or at least the ones on the football team, are truly native to that area?  We know Froholdt isn't, or course.  Of the 5 profiles linked, two are from the Tampa/St. Pete area but one is from California, one from Georgia, and one from Maryland.  I would think the ones not native to Florida would be easier for us to recruit.

HogCard

Quote from: razorbacker3 on February 09, 2015, 11:54:08 am
IMG just started a football program 2 years ago. Getting a foothold now for recruiting would be great.

Hopefully Froholdt can help us get a foothold.  Once Frohold gets us a foothold we will be set....  Then maybe in the future Frofoot can hold................aw heck

31to6

Quote from: RyeHogFan on February 09, 2015, 11:21:36 am
This is true. Froholdt is very likely to be the lone exception for us at IMG and that's because he was already committed to us prior to going there. It would be nice to get a foothold there, but I just don't think it's gonna happen. Better off just setting our focus on other parts of Florida.
If Froholdt turns into a star and we help him on his way to the NFL, it can't hurt.

HS coaches want to work with colleges that are going to take good care of their players.

Competing against in-state powers will be hard, of course, but recruiting is about relationships and this is an opportunity for the staff to expand in Florida.

Huds_HawgTide

Might as well always offer their best players early on...gotta gauge their intereset
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawgwash on February 09, 2015, 12:11:41 pm
I wonder how many of the kids at this school, or at least the ones on the football team, are truly native to that area?  We know Froholdt isn't, or course.  Of the 5 profiles linked, two are from the Tampa/St. Pete area but one is from California, one from Georgia, and one from Maryland.  I would think the ones not native to Florida would be easier for us to recruit.

Not many. 

Hawgzinbowlz

Along with Hjalte we also have IMG team captain Reid Miller, DB from Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania who attended IMG.
Two players from IMG, attending Arkansas, will get the attention of all the players on that team.
This is a very positive start.
Mr. Miller has a thread or two with at length information.
Early in the process it was written that Mr. Miller came as a result of preliminary conversations with Hjalte and subsequent conversations with CBB. Reid is reportedly excited to be A Hog, enough to walk on, and is already on campus.
http://247sports.com/Player/Reid-Miller-35528/Feeds
These two talented ball players will talk to their team mates.
One of several Florida pipeline sources that CBB is developing.

" GO HOGS "

scruf

3kgthog

It says his recruiter is Charlie Partridge, so it's been awhile since we've been on him it would seem.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: scruf on February 09, 2015, 02:57:02 pm
Rahshaun Smith has been offered.

http://247sports.com/Player/Rahshaun-Smith-21501

Hometown : Towson Maryland.

Several IMG players have already traveled and lived away from home to further their football skills/future in football. The transition of traveling a distance to play in the SEC and at Arkansas would seem a little easier on these players.

" GO HOGS "

PlanoHog

The tuition at IMG Academy runs from 55k/yr to 70/k/yr depending if you are boarding or not. Having played them at PCA this season, a game which we led until mid-3rd quarter, they just wear you down. Then, you start making mistakes and next thing you know they have put up 28 points.

Some major talent. Its hard to see which player is the standout or super star cause everyone does their job, trusting their teammate to do theirs and its a machine.
The entertainer formerly known as TheOtherWhiteMeat.

Hoggish1

Quote from: secneahog on February 09, 2015, 11:49:53 am
We did get a safety from img also.

He will be walking on, though.

cram224

I've watched Nauta several times, he is good. He can play LB or TE. Very smart football player, who has a nose for the football.

trphog

Here's a thought/ question:  can Weinke coach RBs or Wrs because we could have an opening.

BlueBox

Quote from: cram224 on February 09, 2015, 04:24:46 pm
I've watched Nauta several times, he is good. He can play LB or TE. Very smart football player, who has a nose for the football.

He stood out to me.  I wonder if he went to IMG for tougher competition?  It's not like Buford is slacking when it comes to football.  Moved up a level and still went undefeated to win the state title.  Last I saw they were ranked top 30 in the country.

hardtimes79

I'm in some groups with fsu fans and they seem fairly confident they get who they want from IMG.  I doubt it's a coincidence that malik henry is suddenly going there.  With Miami and Florida being down they have placed a strangle hold on top Florida talent.

wachhog

Quote from: trphog on February 09, 2015, 05:35:11 pm
Here's a thought/ question:  can Weinke coach RBs or Wrs because we could have an opening.
Weinke couldn't even quarterback the Panthers. I cannot imagine him as an SEC position coach....not for a while anyway. 

Peter Porker

Quote from: wachhog on February 09, 2015, 10:07:20 pm
Weinke couldn't even quarterback the Panthers. I cannot imagine him as an SEC position coach....not for a while anyway.

How good was Saban as a player? Or your boy Petrino? Malzahn?

do you even think before you post?
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 10, 2015, 05:39:02 am
How good was Saban as a player? Or your boy Petrino? Malzahn?

do you even think before you post?

I love how making it to the NFL is considered an insult
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

CDBHawg

Do you prefer Jake Delhomme?

holeinthewall

Don't leave out Miami when mentioning FSU and UiF.  They singned 3 from IMG last year and are recruiting it hard despite having an idiot for a HC.

2 kids from the 16 class are already committed. One to Clemosn and one to FSU. IMG has to 5 stars on defense.   They look loaded again.

trphog

Coach B couldn't even make it as a player in the NFL; he is going to suck as a coach. Sarcasm off

cram224

Buford has a hard time finding competition from anybody in Ga. They beat up on anybody that ESPN finds for them to play also.

jackflash

I believe we can recruit IMG Academy. I don't think we will get two or three a year. More like maybe one a year. Weinke is getting these players because they believe he can help them get major college teams to recruit them. We got two this year if they play it will open the door for more to come.  I don't believe we have to hire Weinke for this to happen.

hardtimes79

Unless we are already in on a player before he goes there I don't see it being much for us.  Those kids are being encouraged to go that school.  Why does a kid from Cali come that far for his last year of high school?  Spending a lot of time worried about players at that school wouldn't be wise when weinke will definitely feed FSU first and foremost.

Illinihog

Quote from: cram224 on February 10, 2015, 08:08:11 am
Buford has a hard time finding competition from anybody in Ga. They beat up on anybody that ESPN finds for them to play also.

Buford recruits. If you are wiling to pay tuition you can play there. They have talent but I wouldn't call it Power 5 talent every year. They have a 3 star we were looking at.

lilRockNDubb

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 09, 2015, 03:18:37 pm
It says his recruiter is Charlie Partridge, so it's been awhile since we've been on him it would seem.
Maybe he's just doing CBB a solid?   ;D
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Hawginthecovers

Froholdt and Miller need to get back and visit their IMG friends often over this next year. 

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Hawginthecovers on February 11, 2015, 09:49:00 am
Froholdt and Miller need to get back and visit their IMG friends often over this next year.

Continued improvement from The Hogs would add credibility to any/all conversations Froholdt and Miller would have with their IMG friends. I'm optimistic we'll show tangible improvement that we can sell.

" GO HOGS "

razorback20

Quote from: GalaHawg on February 09, 2015, 03:15:12 pm
Perhaps, this guy is more likely...

https://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/player-Jango-Glackin-157571;_ylt=ApoZ0ar6oI7wvB.DdFzDqHD4q5B4

He'd be a legend with that name.

www.jango20.net  His website tells the story of how he was named. I am sure Jango would love to hear from the Razorback staff. IMG Academy does not send kids to any school. They don't recommend or push a kid towards a school. Most kids are there for the training and competition, not for the scholarships. Jango has 9 before he got there. A great program like Arkansas can basically recruit anybody.

razorback20

Coach Weinke has left IMG Academy to be QB coach for the Rams. Also the defensive coordinator has left for a head coaching job .

Muskliketusk

Ain't no reason we can't get a couple a kids from there evey year. No reason.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

Potosihog

Quote from: razorback20 on February 20, 2015, 04:11:51 am
Coach Weinke has left IMG Academy to be QB coach for the Rams. Also the defensive coordinator has left for a head coaching job .

This made me laugh a little

tbhogfan

And whatever happened to the horrible QB that backed Weinke up for the Panthers in 2001? 

What's his name?  Jim Harbaugh?  Whatever happened to that guy?  Hopefully he found a good job selling insurance, because he will probably never be ready to be a position coach in the SEC.

Go Hogs!