Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jimmy Whitt commits to Arkansas

Started by HawgAdvocate, June 02, 2014, 10:32:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Jimmy Buckets @JimmyWhitt33  ·  2 hours ago

[Signing] them papers on Nov 12th to make that thing official. 😏🐗 #WPS
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

outlawhogeywells

The Hogfather

Woo Pig!  So glad to have this kid!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: jbcarol on November 05, 2014, 01:52:45 pm

[Signing] them papers on Nov 12th to make that thing official. 😏🐗 #WPS
Awesome.

Razorod

Looking forward to watching him over the next few years. Great guard for CMA's system.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Hawg Red

rusvegashog

That's great news. I really hope this kid is as genuine as he seems.

1highhog

Welcome aboard Mr. Whitt, glad to have you aboard.

Great movie by the way!

[attachment deleted by admin]

hoglady

The 12th can't get here soon enough.
Looking forward to watching this kid play.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

The real Hogules

JW is going to be a great Razorback!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

TomBigBeeHog

Much love to Jimmy Buckets! For Arkansas, Whitt is the right fit!!!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

jbcarol

Jimmy Buckets @JimmyWhitt33  ·  6h 6 hours ago
#FlashbackFriday cause we get along sometimes Ig...... @MADIS0NCLARK

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Jimmy Buckets @JimmyWhitt33  ·  3 hours ago
"@RS9527sr: @JimmyWhitt33 they said Anderson's players are known for playing with ENTHUSIASM! "

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6gqPsFtxHtw ...

jbcarol

Mary Dunleavy @Mary_Dunleavy  ·  Nov 13
Vid: Hog hoops 4-star commit @JimmyWhitt33 on early signing day http://on.kthv.com/1qER3Ya  @THV11 #NationalSigningDay

jbcarol

Jimmy Buckets @JimmyWhitt33  ·  14 hours ago
Panera not a place for a brotha like me, I don't be knowin what to order, they want to ask do you want a baguette..... A baguette of chips?

jbcarol

Missourian Sports @CoMoSports  ·  Nov 18

Hickman boys basketball (@KewpAthletics) looks to @JimmyWhitt33 for leadership http://bit.ly/1yhXcxP

QuoteWhitt whipped off a pass faster than a slingshot. If John Updike witnessed the Kewpies' practice inside the old Hickman gym, he'd compare Whitt's hands to Flick Webb's — those long fingers flashed like "wild birds," furiously firing passes and tossing up shots.

Suddenly a pick formed at the top of the arc. Whitt sped around the defender like a taxi cab swerving through Manhattan traffic. He rose for a jump shot and the ball fell into the basket. Swish.

On defense, Whitt poked a ball out from a teammate with the delicacy of a Victorian pickpocket.

As Whitt enters his fourth consecutive year on varsity, Johnson sees him as more than a leader, as a player-coach of sorts. Already, Johnson has observed his star guard, who averaged 22.4 points per game as a junior, talking to younger players and repeating what the coaches tell the players.

This is his team.

Of course, the team's goal is a state title...

The_Iceman

Whitt is exactly what this team has been missing at the guard position. Can't wait to see him develop as a Hog.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 19, 2014, 03:35:09 pm
Whitt is exactly what this team has been missing at the guard position. Can't wait to see him develop as a Hog.

he looks like what every team is missing... can't remember the last time we had a guard shoot that well off the dribble.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Bo Mattingly @SportsTalkwBo  ·  16 hours ago
http://Scout.com 's Brian Snow (@BSnowScout): Jimmy Whitt is going to be a guy who brings a lot of versatility and can score from the perimeter.

jbcarol

COLUMBIA — Jimmy Whitt flew down the court in a flash of white, bounding past two defenders with the ease and grace of someone who's done so a thousand times before. He looked back over his right shoulder, and sophomore Chase Thomas fired a cross-court pass.

The ball hit Whitt's hands and moments later thundered through the net as the senior put down a two-handed dunk to give Hickman a 64-26 lead in the third quarter.

Tim Tai

QuoteAlthough Whitt is the Kewpies' go-to man, his 18 points in Hickman's 85-46 win over Northeast on Friday was the first time he scored less than 28 points this season. But Whitt's decreased production was the result of a balanced Kewpie offense that saw six players score at least nine points.

"Everybody came out hot, everybody came out aggressive to get a lot of guys touches," Whitt said. "They (the offense) were able to make plays not only through me but through other people.

"They (Northeast) placed a lot of pressure on us so I just felt like it was nice to get other guys open, and get them the ball and score."

"We always need Jimmy, there's no question about that," coach David Johnson said. "It's just that we need the other guys to step up. This team here is a very hard team to play because you can be up two points, you can be up 20 points, you can be up 30 points — and they still keep coming at you."

jbcarol

Hickman High School senior Jimmy Whitt scored 21 points to lead the Kewpies to a 51-49 win over Jefferson City...

QuoteThe Jays, who feature Indiana signee OG Anunoby, stuck with Hickman throughout its first true road game of the season, in good part thanks to Anunoby's 22 points. It was also the closest game of the year so far for the Kewpies (7-1), who struggled to hold off Jefferson City right into the closing seconds.

"That's definitely a tough Jefferson City team," Hickman coach David Johnson said in a phone interview. "It was a very hostile environment, and we were able to hang on and get the win."

Whitt, an Arkansas signee, hit two free throws in the closing seconds to give the Kewpies a 51-47 lead. Against another nationally known recruit, he slumped early, but shined late. As Johnson said, " Jimmy ain't got to prove himself to nobody."

jbcarol

jbcarol

David Morrison @DavidCMorrison  ·  Jan 10
In the paper: Jimmy Whitt outscores Kevin Puryear, but Puryear's Jaguars beat Whitt's Kewpies in marquee matchup- http://bit.ly/1yPAH7n .

Blue Springs South beats Hickman, 73-51. Jimmy Whitt finishes with 28, Kevin Puryear 26, KJ Robinson 23 for Jaguars.

jbcarol

January 15, 2015, 01:49:21 pm #626 Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 05:32:39 pm by jbcarol
 Mitchell Ferman @MitchellFerman  ·  19h 19 hours ago

Mizzou signees Cullen VanLeer and Kevin Puryear (and Hickman's Jimmy Whitt) are McDonald's All American nominees.

PDF listing McD's nominees ...

Lowkey only 4 points away from having 2G's and counting for my career. Wouldn't want to do it with any other school either #Kewps #Buckets

jbcarol

Hickman Athletics @KewpAthletics  ·  2 hours ago
Jimmy Whitt with his first 4 points of the game surpasses 2000 career points

The real Hogules

We haven't had this type of PG since players like Lee Mayberry and Corey Beck wore Razorbacks red.
Jimmy Whitt can get his teammates involved and if you leave him alone, JW can flat stroke the rock.
Can you imagine a team that stars Whitt at the PG and Monk at the SG position?
You build quality depth and get a couple decent or better PF/C types and we'd have the fixings to compete for a conference championship, or two.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Scott7703

Whitt is gonna be a super star.

He and beard will be fun to watch together.

If we can get the handlers out of the way Kevaughn Allen would put out guard group over the top. Good times ahead!

jbcarol

Throughout his first 3½ seasons in a Hickman uniform, Jimmy Whitt has proved time and time again that his team can rely on him.

So Saturday, when Hickman needed someone to stop the bleeding in the fourth quarter of its game against Barstow, it was no surprise he answered the call.

Quote... Whitt finished with 36 points and 10 rebounds. He crossed the 2,000-point marker along the way.

"It's great experience that shows us that no matter what the lead is, you can't ever let down," Whitt said. "Teams like that, they're always gonna come at you, they're always gonna keep pushing, no matter what the score is, no matter what the clock situations are. I think that's an eye-opener for us and some of the young guys."

jbcarol

Hickman boys basketball loses in third-place game of Stessman Invitational

QuoteSenior Jimmy Whitt led the Kewpies (12-5) with 33 points. Whitt ended up with a total of 95 points through three games in the invitational.

The Kewpies led St. Joseph Lafayette 44-43 at the end of the third quarter before St. Joseph Lafayette pulled away late in the fourth to win 66-57.

Hickman's next game is at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 30 against Christian Brothers College High School at Hickman.

jbcarol

Whitt and Hickman boys basketball serve up revenge to CBC

QuoteCOLUMBIA — Jimmy Whitt knew it was time to eat.

In the second quarter of Hickman High School's game against Christian Brothers College High School, after the Kewpies star guard converted a jumper for his second straight basket, he turned around.

He looked at his brother, Marcus Whitt, who was sitting in the stands, holding one hand below his chin while rotating the other — like he was scooping from a bowl.

Jimmy Whitt said it's his brother's go-to gesture.

"Once I see the 'Eat' sign, I guess I gotta go to work," Jimmy Whitt said.

Whitt scored 14 of his 33 points in the game's second quarter.

Dunks. Pull-ups. Threes. Whitt did a bit of everything in the Kewpies' 69-60 win over CBC on Friday at Hickman (13-5).

Just over 10 months after losing to CBC (12-6) in the Class 5 state final, Whitt and the Kewpies got their revenge against the Cadets.

"I would be lying if I said I didn't feel good," Whitt said.

jbcarol

Jimmy Buckets @JimmyWhitt33  · 

Got to bring back the head band and shooting sleeve ✊

#TheReturn

jbcarol

COLUMBIA — Jimmy Whitt didn't sit down.

After he fouled out with 17 seconds left in Hickman's 73-63 home loss to College Prep at Madison on Friday, Whitt smacked his hands together and made his way toward the bench with his jersey untucked. Once he got there, he stood at the edge of the bench in a corner of the gymnasium.

QuoteHe watched as his team's comeback effort fell short. After being down 11 in the fourth quarter, the Kewpies got within three points of the Bears. Whitt scored 15 of his 28 points in the final period, but it wasn't enough.

Hickman (13-7) lost its fourth game in its last five contests.

Whitt said these types of games were expected when the Kewpies season began. They lost every starter except for Whitt from last season's Class 5 runner-up.

"We knew this would happen to us on some days," Whitt said of the team's youth. "We'd come out on our high. Some days we'd come out low."

jbcarol

Jimmy Buckets retweeted
Louisville Select FP @lvilleselectFP  ·  3 hours ago
@JimmyWhitt33 Ted Kapita just committed to UA. Him and Jimmy Buckets gonna do big things! WPS

Aye S/O to Ted Kapita for committing to the A, we funna be dumb nice next year 😏😎 #BigThingsComing

The_Iceman

choppedporkextrasauce

seems to have some air to his game like Qualls and has a wide range of shots.

must be a great year for kids because he looks more like a 5 than a 4 but I'm not an expert nor have I paid much attention to the kids in front of him.

either way I like our two recruits

Danny J

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on February 13, 2015, 01:31:10 pm

must be a great year for kids because he looks more like a 5 than a 4 but I'm not an expert nor have I paid much attention to the kids in front of him.

Yeah.....he is the real deal.

The_Iceman

He definitely looks like he is adding some muscle. Strength is about his only negative, which will improve with age and training.

jbcarol

Area prep boys basketball leaders

INDIVIDUAL LEADERS
Player            School    GP    Tot    Avg
Jimmy    Whitt,    Hick    24    737    30.7

Steals
Player            School    GP    Tot    Avg
Gage    Schupp,    Sb    25    92    3.7
Jimmy    Whitt,    Hick    24    86    3.6

jbcarol

SEC Championship game tomorrow 🙌

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on February 13, 2015, 01:31:10 pm

A 5 is a center. A 4 is a basket-facing power forward. Whitt is a 2 guard, shooting guard.
[CENSORED]!

The_Iceman

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 17, 2015, 09:57:15 am
A 5 is a center. A 4 is a basket-facing power forward. Whitt is a 2 guard, shooting guard.

I think he mean 5-star, 4-star.

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 17, 2015, 09:57:15 am

Really Biggus? But thanks for the attempt. Whitt looks every bit as good if not better than BJ Young who was a 5......

star that is.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on March 17, 2015, 09:33:19 pm
Really Biggus? But thanks for the attempt. Whitt looks every bit as good if not better than BJ Young who was a 5......

star that is.

ok. now you got it.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Danny J

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on March 17, 2015, 09:33:19 pm

star that is.
He is every bit as good as BJ although they are slightly different. BJ would shoot from outside and mid-range but was very streaky even in HS. He could get to the rim almost at will. Whitt is a really good shooter all the way around. He will get to the basket and can break you down off the dribble just not as well as BJ could.

IMO...Whitt is the perfect 2 guard for our style of play. He is also a good defender.

Darren DeLoach

I have seen both play several times. B.J. had more holes in his game by far. Prolific scorer, but lacking in so many intangibles (defense, attitude, on and off court intelligence, and leadership skills). Jimmy is a great kid AND an amazing ball player. He is thin, and is streaky from behind the arc. He isn't as quick with or without the ball as B.J., but makes up for it with a knack to find himself open. I watched B.J. run his mouth incessantly and even punch another player unprovoked. (The opponent dove for a loose ball tripping B.J.)

B.J. had the potential for more than he ever displayed, while I firmly believe Jimmy will attain that which B.J. Young could never grasp.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Big Nasty 34

If Whitt comes in and averages even 10 PPG I'll be happy. Much less 15 that BJ put up.