Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Arkansas Football LOIs (24)

Started by Tomhog™, July 21, 2013, 09:26:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

Solid Blue Collar Class tons of substance and very little Fluff.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

naturalbornpigger

Quote from: OldCoot on February 02, 2015, 07:55:02 am
I am saying the State gave the LRSD over a billion dollars since 1989 from the desegregation lawsuit, so I dont think your last statement is valid.

I will agree with you completely on your earlier statement about the state of football in LR.

I think the main problem with central Arkansas football is that the priorities of the young men have changed drastically in the past 20 years.  They have so many outside influences, they cant or don't want to go through all of the processes to play football.  It is hard to study to keep your grades up when you have people around you who are dying and fighting, and your family members are heavily influenced by the drug culture.

I will rant a little now but I used to think everyone had a chance to make their life what they want, everyone starts out equal and can choose to work and make something good out of their life, or be lazy and stay on public assistance.  I no longer think that is correct.  A lot of these young people don't even get a fair chance.  They have no one that is pushing them to get good grades and go to college, their entire worldview is just trying to survive.

The LRSD's current problems begin and end with Atty. John Walker.  He has done more than anyone to damage the LRSD and therefore the future opportunities of young men and women within it's boundaries.  What a shame. Look at the growth of Bryant, Benton, Conway, Cabot and the other bedroom community schools along with the private schools and you'll see the value he has brought.

jchill

Anyone know what school Barn is? It's under Ty's profile.

hogman78

DeltaBoy

This Staff is building a real program at last.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HoGFromTheStart

DSTo (not a journalist) suck it trebek!