Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bazzel as AD?

Started by HungryHog, October 05, 2017, 04:03:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

Well, at least the co-eds up there on sorority row will all get free glamour shots of their universities' Athletic Director.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

PharmacistHog

Donald W Reynolds  western sizzlin razorback stadium
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

idochog

Someone needs to take the computer away from Bazzell, he might hurt himself..
I love Jesus!

Hawgphish

Quote from: Hawgphish on October 05, 2017, 10:31:34 pm
Top 10 reasons to hire Baz as AD: 
10.  Training tables will be replaced with tanning beds
9.  Mandatory teeth whitening sessions for all coaches
8.  All linebackers will wear neck rolls
7.  He will have a 24 hour hotline to Frank Fletcher
6.  All coaches will be trained in the art of over-laughter
5.  Roger scott will take over the cheer programs.
4.  Half time shows will center around Elvis tunes
3.  Budget savings will result from purchasing uniform jerseys no larger than an adult medium
2.   Head coaches will receive contract extensions only if they correctly answer the question:  bigger babe, Dawn Scott or Beth Hunt?
1.  Nose bleed seats will have access to the Tommy Smith Lounge.

ifghog

I agree maybe not AD but he should be more involved in the program. He's smarter than most of you give him credit for. 

PharmacistHog

Quote from: ifghog on October 06, 2017, 07:02:15 am
I agree maybe not AD but he should be more involved in the program. He's smarter than most of you give him credit for. 

If he would quit starting every phrase out of his mouth with "uh uh uh" like his burnt out buddy tommy it would go a long ways in making him NOT sound like a moron.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Kamkaizen

"You don't hire a radio broadcaster to run an organization as complex as a high level athletic department." - hog of steele

I tried to tell America something similar last November, but apparently, lots of people didn't listen.   ;)

Polecat

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on October 05, 2017, 07:56:44 pm
My first thought too.

CBB's 3-9 in trophy games so far, I don't think the program could survive having any more rivalries.

IDK, his trophy game is actually quite strong
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

lasthog

Quote from: NoogaHog on October 05, 2017, 05:11:52 pm
We will get one shaped like Florida and call it "The Pecker"

Fortunately (or unfortunately) the winning team gets to grab and hold The Pecker for 6 years until they play again.

Just when I thought nothing of substance  would come out of this thread, THIS!!!!!

Razorbackers

Quote from: HungryHog on October 05, 2017, 04:03:49 pm
This will probably get slammed because of the pounding the show with no name gets on here, but I heard it brought up once on the radio, but never here or anywhere else since, so I thought I would throw it into the furnace of Hogville.

What about cleaning house - remove Jeff Long and CBB.  Hire David Bazzel as AD.  With the Broyles award he has tons of connections for advice on rising coaching talent.  He has his hands in a million things - all Razorback related.  The man loves the Hogs.  He has good relationships with current donors.

I am tired of Uncommon, NeverYield, and GPA.  I want to win.  I want someone leading the Razorbacks that wants to win.  I think Bazzel brings a great attitude and identity for our program.

What am I missing here?  I hate that every thread on here just gets trashed now, but it's where we are..  How bad of an idea is this?

I'll hang up and listen.

This is easily the hardest I've laughed at a thread title ever. Holy crap. I have tears in my eyes right now.

Vantage 8 dude

This will probably get slammed because of the pounding the show with no name gets on here, but I heard it brought up once on the radio, but never here or anywhere else since, so I thought I would throw it into the furnace of Hogville.

What about cleaning house - remove Jeff Long and CBB.  Hire David Bazzel as AD.  With the Broyles award he has tons of connections for advice on rising coaching talent.  He has his hands in a million things - all Razorback related.  The man loves the Hogs.  He has good relationships with current donors.

I am tired of Uncommon, NeverYield, and GPA.  I want to win.  I want someone leading the Razorbacks that wants to win.  I think Bazzel brings a great attitude and identity for our program.

What am I missing here?  I hate that every thread on here just gets trashed now, but it's where we are..  How bad of an idea is this?

I'll hang up and listen.
Not sure whether or not this post is actually a serious one or merely a spoof. If it's the former then I suggest you get some mental therapy. If it's the latter then I give you props for the gag.

NoogaHog

Quote from: lasthog on October 06, 2017, 08:48:46 am
Just when I thought nothing of substance  would come out of this thread, THIS!!!!!

And I hope you realize that if Florida is America's pecker, you understand that makes Louisiana America's bunghole.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

elviscat

We need someone with a strong Arkansas background and knowledge of football and coaching.

Seebs

Quote from: elviscat on October 06, 2017, 09:48:00 am
We need someone with a strong Arkansas background and knowledge of football and coaching.

Why? This is a business position. Why is this so hard to understand for some of you?
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

RME

Quote from: Seebs on October 06, 2017, 09:53:35 am
Why? This is a business position. Why is this so hard to understand for some of you?

Because they literally know no other world besides Arkansas fuhbawl.

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 05, 2017, 10:22:51 pm
Well, he retired from Clemson in 2013...

So, get him out of the old folks home, should be easy..

Ironhawg

Good heavens I'll be glad when game day gets here!  It is astounding that this thread is three pages long.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 06, 2017, 10:09:56 am
Good heavens I'll be glad when game day gets here!  It is astounding that this thread is three pages long.

Well if the game thread gets too much too bear if the Hogs get off to a slow start vs USCe, I'm going to come back here and read this whole thread from start to finish for a quick pick me up.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Ironhawg

Quote from: FineAsSwine on October 06, 2017, 10:20:03 am
Well if the game thread gets too much too bear if the Hogs get off to a slow start vs USCe, I'm going to come back here and read this whole thread from start to finish for a quick pick me up.

I must admit there is some fine comedy in this thread.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 06, 2017, 10:29:14 am
Well after all there's never a problem with having too much humor, especially on this site.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 06, 2017, 10:29:14 am

I agree, lighten up Francisco and just laugh ever once in a while.

Jim Harris

When you start a post with "This will probably get slammed ..." it's probably best to put the keyboard away, not type any more of the post and just go back to doing something else.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

NoogaHog

Arkansas AD David Bazzel sees this gold field, gets strangely aroused, and says "Call the RF and the BOT! We should do this!"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: harrisburghog on October 06, 2017, 05:19:48 am
Bazzel's only passion is for himself.

Maybe so but do you know him well enough to say that? I don't. Like others he didn't grow up here and came here to play football at the UA. He's from Florida. He could have easily gone back to Florida when his football career was over but choose to stay in Arkansas and has done some good things for sports in the state. For that he deserves some credit.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Cinco de Hogo

You want Mr Business Man?

Cannon Whitby for AD!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 06, 2017, 10:56:50 am
Maybe so but do you know him well enough to say that? I don't. Like others he didn't grow up here and came here to play football at the UA. He's from Florida. He could have easily gone back to Florida when his football career was over but choose to stay in Arkansas and has done some good things for sports in the state. For that he deserves some credit.
While I'll certainly give him credit for his obvious loyalty and efforts toward the Broyles Award, etc., that obviously DOESN'T make him a legitimate or even wise AD candidate.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 06, 2017, 11:05:21 am
While I'll certainly give him credit for his obvious loyalty and efforts toward the Broyles Award, etc., that obviously DOESN'T make him a legitimate or even wise AD candidate.

I completely agree. That wasn't the point I was trying to make.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

TrueBlue

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 06, 2017, 11:01:02 am
You want Mr Business Man?

Cannon Whitby for AD!

You must not know Cannon very well, huh?  He is hated by co-workers.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: TrueBlue on October 06, 2017, 11:30:30 am

If you know him so well, a question.

Does he get the job done, does he win?

In my experience a lot of people hate their co-workers who succeed.

TrueBlue

If Bazzel had a NWA based radio show, he would be a "hit" with this crowd.

Hogville is worse than the BLM movement, the Antifa movement, and KKK all rolled into one. They love to eat their own and slam anyone's opinion. And if they can make a joke out of it in the meantime, that do that also.  Almost like sitting in a bar with a bunch of jobless losers getting drunk that contribute zero to life. Oh well, as for me, I have to get back to work. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: TrueBlue on October 06, 2017, 11:30:30 am

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 06, 2017, 11:33:24 am
If you know him so well, a question.

Does he get the job done, does he win?

In my experience a lot of people hate their co-workers who succeed.

I don't know him but I will say Sysco Memphis sucks.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 06, 2017, 11:35:09 am
I don't know him but I will say Sysco Memphis sucks.

He's moved up so I guess the company is happy with his efforts.  Maybe he's a Jeff Long double?

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 06, 2017, 11:39:15 am
He's moved up so I guess the company is happy with his efforts.  Maybe he's a Jeff Long double?

;D
Hogs up! Covid down!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 06, 2017, 11:39:15 am

Maybe I spoke out of turn. I should have said it used to suck. I haven't done business with them in awhile. Maybe it's better now.

SavoySeamster

Bill Vickery for Associate AD then......
"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes."

Athog

I'll hang up and listen.

Really bad!!

SPAL

Quote from: hog13hog on October 05, 2017, 05:58:28 pm
What has he done to deserve to keep his job?

Not sure if serious

SPAL

Quote from: elviscat on October 06, 2017, 09:48:00 am

Well, have you called FCJ yet?

longpig

Quote from: HardCore on October 05, 2017, 08:55:17 pm
Let's see...............how about starting with the approval of a contract in which the Head Coach and his agent has all of the leverage.  Thus, sticking our Alma Matter with a $15MM bill that Brett is in complete control of.......all while he is racking up a 0.500 to 0.600 annual win percentage.  That ranks right up there with the Iran Nuclear Deal.

The Alma MATER doesn't pay coaching salaries or buyouts and the organisation that does had input on Bielema's contract.
Don't be scared, be smart.

longpig

Quote from: ifghog on October 06, 2017, 07:02:15 am

He might be smarter than a real smart dog.
Don't be scared, be smart.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hog of steele on October 05, 2017, 04:06:29 pm
You don't hire a radio broadcaster to run an organization as complex as a high level athletic department.

He's much more than that...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: longpig on October 06, 2017, 01:21:46 pm
He might be smarter than a real smart dog.

This one made me laugh
Hogs up! Covid down!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 06, 2017, 11:05:21 am

But without doing research you cannot assume the negative either. Using his radio gig as evidence that he is a bad choice is just as silly as saying he's a former hog makes him a good choice. I would believe anyone who can champion something like The Frank Broyles Award and create it from the ether has got to have some business management skills...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on October 06, 2017, 02:32:41 pm
But without doing research you cannot assume the negative either. Using his radio gig as evidence that he is a bad choice is just as silly as saying he's a former hog makes him a good choice. I would believe anyone who can champion something like The Frank Broyles Award and create it from the ether has got to have some business management skills...
Uhh.....okay Einstein please point out/quote where I said his radio gig (or any other particular employment) automatically disqualifies him as a candidate? What I AM saying is that while he may have organized such things as the Broyles Award, it most certainly DOES NOT necessarily prove he can handle the ENTIRE responsibilities of an AD. As you may know that includes hiring/firing coaches, drumming up support of the Athletic Department, setting budgets, working closely with the Board of Trustees, making certain staff and personnel decisions above and beyond just the hiring/firing of coaches, developing and promoting the program(s)with other national sources, actively raising monies for the program, etc.

Could he do the job: heck, I don't know. Perhaps he indeed has a talent for all of the above. However, just because he's done some nice things for the program, including the Broyles Award and playing football for the Hogs, most definitely DOES NOT automatically qualify to offer and upgrade for Long or anyone else.

ND

Yeeeah.  I think I just lost like 10 IQ points.  Permanently.

N

NoogaHog

Quote from: ND on October 06, 2017, 03:56:05 pm
Yeeeah.  I think I just lost like 10 IQ points.  Permanently.

N

Yes, this thread is stupid. I know I've contributed to the stupidity of it. But I am getting tickled at the guys arguing with each other like this is actually a reasonable option. It's like arguing and calling each other names over whether or not Hong Kong Phooey should be our point guard.

jcbville

Quote from: TrueBlue on October 06, 2017, 11:34:47 am
If Bazzel had a NWA based radio show, he would be a "hit" with this crowd.

Hogville is worse than the BLM movement, the Antifa movement, and KKK all rolled into one. They love to eat their own and slam anyone's opinion. And if they can make a joke out of it in the meantime, that do that also.  Almost like sitting in a bar with a bunch of jobless losers getting drunk that contribute zero to life. Oh well, as for me, I have to get back to work.

Was that supposed to be a negative description?

FineAsSwine

Quote from: jcbville on October 06, 2017, 04:12:40 pm
Was that supposed to be a negative description?

Boy, you got me with that one. Sure took the zip out of that response.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: FineAsSwine on October 06, 2017, 04:14:13 pm
Boy, you got me with that one. Sure took the zip out of that response.
I'll admit I'm highly disappointed you haven't come back with some snappy, Socrates-like reply. 'Fraid to say you're obviously slipping there.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 06, 2017, 04:23:20 pm
I'll admit I'm highly disappointed you haven't come back with some snappy, Socrates-like reply. 'Fraid to say you're obviously slipping there.

Doing my own posting this week, my gal Friday quit. She's the smart one. I'm just a Sweat Hog.
Hogs up! Covid down!