Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best representative on and off the field

Started by JT_Dav, January 15, 2015, 08:10:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JT_Dav

I was listening to XM this morning, and they were talking abouthow Marcus Mariota was the best representative Oregon has had both on and off the field. Who would be that person for Arkansas?

PorkRinds

PharmacistHog

Jake bequette's the first one that came to mind.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

ChicoHog

Trey Flowers, Martrell Spaight, Brandon Allen all good reps for the team from last year. 

wholehog92

Visit for a minute or two with DJ Williams.  Super young man.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

PorkRinds

Abominable Hillbilly

"The old man was a good man he raised his children right, taught us how to work hard and showed us how to fight, told us about the good lord and how to use a gun, made me very proud of where it is that I came from"  ***BLACKBERRY SMOKE***

East TN HAWG

There have been dome great one.  This year it would have been Flowers.  DJ was great.  Burlsworth was great.  However, the greatest may have been Pat Summerall. 

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

popcornhog

DJ Williams in recent years.

Trey Flowers from last year.

Brandon Allen next year.
WPS

DCHawg

PharmacistHog

Forgot about DJ Williams.  Theres probably several that fit the bill. 
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

arkmark

There are a number of Hogs who would make great representatives of the U of A.  Past and present.

What speaks most highly of the team and state is the absence of individuals who would embarrass the team with negative behaviors.  Pretty much non existent in the CBB era thus far.  That may speak better than anything. 

26.2Hog

hoglady

Quote from: 26.2Hog on January 15, 2015, 11:35:47 am
Kenny Hatfield has been second to none.

That's who I was going to say - surprised it took so long for his name to come up.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Bardicer

Hawg_Thai'd

Guys, I am going to get off topic a little, but it is relevant. The last couple of days I have been contemplating starting a thread about some of the things I have been noticing. I do not have a  Twitter account, however, I get on there  and see what folks are saying sometimes to pass the time. I come across  many former players who are still very supportive of the program and are great representatives of the program in their daily conduct. Though there a more than I can list, I know Broderick Green and Rudell Crimm do a great job. I was reading where  one guy was dissing B. Allen and Green, whose handle was included in the message, and the first thing Broderick said was "don't be trashing up my timeline with that crap" (or something to the effect). You can tell Rudell will be a Hog until the day he dies. I really like his outgoing spirit. I just want to thank all the players, in all sports, that have not only been a good representative while enrolled, but also after they have left the program. I believe that it is so important to have a visible alumni base as it is one of the best advertisement/marketing tools possible. If you should ever have the opportunity, please thank our former players for what they continue to do for the programs.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

PorkRinds

Athletes pigs feet

East TN HAWG

Mike Irwin

Spaight.

That kid has his head screwed on straighter than any player I've been around in years.

From his Instagram account: You can't play this game for the money eventually it gets old! I play this game to give GOD the glory, I play this game to show the younger ones you can do it if you put your mind to it, I play this game for the love, I play this game to be the BEST!

HogMantheIntruder

"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

rusvegashog

supersaint

Jon Ham

redeye

I assumed the question was for 2014 players.  But I can't pick one, because there seem to be so many.  Seems like we've had some good ones in recent years, but have more now then we ever have.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 15, 2015, 02:01:44 pm
Spaight.

That kid has his head screwed on straighter than any player I've been around in years.

From his Instagram account: You can't play this game for the money eventually it gets old! I play this game to give GOD the glory, I play this game to show the younger ones you can do it if you put your mind to it, I play this game for the love, I play this game to be the BEST!

The more time passes, the more we will realize just how great Flowers and Spaight were this year.  Great on the field, but perhaps greater off the field.  I'm proud to root for both of them and I have no hesitation in believing they will be successful in whatever field they enter in the future.

Terrific young men that I would put up against anybody.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

rusvegashog

arrow30

AFWarrior83

Having had the chance to meet most of the team this year I had to weigh in.

For me it's:

1) Martrell Spaight - the most humble player I've ever met.
2) Trey Flowers - super nice and just a stand up character.
3) Hunter Henry - again, super nice and a class act.

Pretty much all the players I met were great, but those 3 just stuck out to me.
Hogville member since 2005.

ChicoHog

Quote from: supersaint on January 15, 2015, 02:56:10 pm
Norman "Atmo" Nero.
Speaking of Nero, weren't we recruiting his kid a couple years ago?  Where did he end up?  I think he lived in Alabama but I remembering him coming to Arkansas camps. 

TrueBlue

Vin Ascolese without a doubt. No one can come close.

26.2Hog

He may have caved in to his boss, John White, and stayed on the job a tad too long, but,

I'll say it . . . Frank Broyles.

porkulus

supersaint

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 15, 2015, 08:25:27 pm
Speaking of Nero, weren't we recruiting his kid a couple years ago?  Where did he end up?  I think he lived in Alabama but I remembering him coming to Arkansas camps.
Signed w Auburn. Had to give up football after two years due to medical reasons.

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

pigture perfect

There are some great names mentioned in this thread. I want to throw another name out that probably would go unnoticed because he's the quiet leader type, Mitch Smothers.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"