Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joel Thomas signs extension, per UA

Started by Fayettechill14, January 14, 2015, 04:19:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirty

Some people on here are inthe need of a good enema! 

Wooderson

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 14, 2015, 05:38:44 pm
IF you think he isn't getting the job done then why didn't you supply data such as those fumble numbers to support your thinking. You do know you can look that up. You left it up to someone else to give it. And they didn't say how many fumbles per carry or game.

Did you not read the part that I was trying, but it was difficult on a smart phone.  Throw in the fact I was at work.  Now that I am home here we go.  Arkansas RB fumbles per carry back to 2006 follows.  Only the top two/three backs each year were looked at.

Name                                    Fumbles             Carries          Carries Per
Michael Smith 2008                     0                     207
B Green  2009                             0                     103
Michael Smith 2009                      0                     71
Jonathan Williams  2013               1                     150                150
Felix Jones 2007                          1                     132                 132
Ronnie Wingo 2011                      1                     104                 104
McFadden 2006                           4                     284                   71
Knile Davis  2010                         3                     204                   68
B Green 2010                              2                     104                   52
A Collins 2014                              5                     204                  41
J Williams 2014                            5                     191                  38
A Collins 2013                              5                     190                  38
F Jones 2006                                5                     154                  31
D Johnson 2009                            2                     57                    28.5
D Johnson 2012                            5                     137                  27.4
McFadden 2007                            15                    324                 21.6
D Johnson 2011                            5                     106                  21.2
K Davis 2012                                8                     112                  14
J Williams 2012                             4                     45                    11.25
Give me liberty, or give me death!

presidenthog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 14, 2015, 04:31:43 pm
Kinda shoots a hole in the popular Hogville theory that by not wrapping up amended contracts for Chaney, Thomas and Smith at the same time as the other six, Bielema was sending them a not so subtle message to find other jobs.
I'm getting the feeling then that Chaney left of his own accord and wanted to go and wasn't asked.

Wildhog

Danny Nutt resigned after the 2006 season.  :)
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawg1221

Didn't RD comment about a month or so ago that there was an unnamed RB committed elsewhere that might visit??  I could be mistaken.  Sounded secretive.

forrest city joe

Glade coach Thomas is staying.if he had left, i have faith that coach B would have hired another good RB coach. but i have no problem with coach Thomas. as far as his recruiting. coach B will have to make a judgment on that.but he's a good man, and a good coach.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Wildhog on January 14, 2015, 07:55:38 pm
Danny Nutt resigned after the 2006 season.  :)
Stepped down, to be technical. He was no longer a member of the on the field coaching staff but got away with being on the sidelines in the middle of the other coaches during timeouts and sometimes sitting in the booth with David Lee. The SEC issued some warnings to Arkansas but it never seemed to matter.

His brother said he was having headaches as a result of a very real medical issue that happened at the end of the 1998 season (bleeding of the brain).

However, some claimed that D-Nutt was forced off the coaching staff as the result of an internal investigation initiated by John White regarding Mustain the email scandal.

This could never be proved.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 14, 2015, 04:27:35 pm
it is also harder to recruit RB's to Ark and the CBB system then you think.  lay off him dude, he is trying his hardest

Say wut?

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Personally I think coach Thomas is the de facto head coach in waiting. When Iowa comes open next season, thomas will step right in where CBB left off. He's that good.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 14, 2015, 08:21:26 pm
Personally I think coach Thomas is the de facto head coach in waiting. When Iowa comes open next season, thomas will step right in where CBB left off. He's that good.
All Gas, No Brakes!

jackflash

I have no problem keeping Thomas. For two years we had Collins, Williams and Marshall. If I was a top back I wouldn't came here to play behind that group.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 14, 2015, 04:58:16 pm
It was not a shot at various theories. I'm Just trying figure out what happened by eliminating possibilities.

I had heard rumors that Smith was leaving primarily to A&M from reputable sources but never heard that about Thomas outside of Hogville which I put very little credibility in. The Cheney move blindsidedme even though Hogville has been calling for his head for two years. It still caught me off guard and still not sure it is a great idea, but it is what it is. Shannon was just marking time until his Miami contract expired and he did just what the people at TCU told me he was going to do sooner or later. Thomas did not get that great of a deal and is only assuerd of one more year so we will see. I look for Bielema to make a home run hire for OC and we will have to see about Smith. Could be a OC/QB coach hired in tandem with a top notch WR coach. You know our linebackers coach will be a keeper though and all settled by the middle of next week.

SwineGrind

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 14, 2015, 08:06:21 pm
Stepped down, to be technical. He was no longer a member of the on the field coaching staff but got away with being on the sidelines in the middle of the other coaches during timeouts and sometimes sitting in the booth with David Lee. The SEC issued some warnings to Arkansas but it never seemed to matter.

His brother said he was having headaches as a result of a very real medical issue that happened at the end of the 1998 season (bleeding of the brain).

However, some claimed that D-Nutt was forced off the coaching staff as the result of an internal investigation initiated by John White regarding Mustain the email scandal.

This could never be proved.

The email sent by a therapist seeing DNuTt for treatment?

gawntrail

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 14, 2015, 06:23:53 pm
All we know is that the assistant got a raise and signed the "I can't go to an SEC team clause."  What we don't know is why.  Did he want to go with Chaney but CBB begged him to stay? Did CBB tell him "I'll let you stay but I want to see marked improvement in certain areas"?  Who knows?  I doubt we'll ever know. 

All we do know is that he signed the amendments CBB wanted and is being allowed to remain a coach at the University of Arkansas, which as CBB pointed out should be regarded as a privilege.  We shouldn't read more into this than that the coach has done enough in CBB's eyes to keep his job for now.  That's all.  We finally have a true CEO coach for the first time in a long time.  I think that is going to work out great for us in the long term.

Very well put.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Wildhog on January 14, 2015, 04:37:33 pm
I love CBB.
I love CSP
I like CMS, I'd LOVE him as a RB coach (his natural coaching position)
BLJ is really growing on me.

I love Robb Smith
I love Clay Jennings
I like Rory Segrest
I loved Randy Shannon

Not sure how you can say that I don't love this coaching staff.  I'm extremely positive on the vast majority of them.

What makes this his "natural" coaching position?
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

shotgun7

REALLY? Com on man!

PorkRinds

DoctorSusscrofa

At least Thomas' signed contract amendment means 7 are locked up as tight as they can be for 2015 season. Now I hope we can settle the rest of the positions soon and get on with finishing recruiting.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Großer Kriegschwein

[attachment deleted by admin]
This is my non-signature signature.

shotgun7

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 15, 2015, 08:03:14 am
My sources say I'm right.

Then we better plan on winning the SEC this year, cause thats what he said he is gonna do!