Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How 'bout a uniform thread?

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, January 13, 2015, 09:40:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisTeetsTaken

Any chance we lose the dumb "tusks" on the armpit?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

hoghearted

Have we seen the end, or at least the decline, of 'alternate' uniforms? Has college football returned to a more traditional look overall?
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Dr. Starcs

After oregons junior high performance last night, crazy uniforms should be bant.

hoss cartrack

we need to get back to the basics.....to looking like razrobacks.   the old school uniforms or the 2005 and 2006 uniforms were perfect too
hey baby....you look like a real bad idea.   come on over herel

Laughing Hog

It's still recruiting season. This topic isn't supposed to appear til after the spring game. Usually, about the end of May. Maybe we should treat it like a 'way to early preseason ranking' thread?

:edit: BTW, It wouldn't hurt my feelings to get rid of the 'armpit tusks' since we're on the subject
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Ragnar Hogbrok

Jerseys should be made of actual hog hide complete with hair and smell.  Talk about unique and intimidating.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

redeye

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 13, 2015, 09:53:37 pm
After oregons junior high performance last night, crazy uniforms should be bant.

+1

Sed76

I would expect the same uniforms for at least one more year. They seem to change every 2 seasons for some odd reason.

bennyl08

We should either stick with these or go back to something like the 2010 look. The home uni's were alright, but the away uniforms in that uniform era were the best I have ever seen.

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

immahog

Quote from: hoss cartrack on January 13, 2015, 10:08:04 pm
we need to get back to the basics.....to looking like razrobacks.   the old school uniforms or the 2005 and 2006 uniforms were perfect too

to each his own ....but I hated those
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

The_Iceman

If we simply removed the stripes on the shoulders and put the Hog back on there like it was forever,  the uniforms would be perfect....a good combination of modern and classic.

hogzilla3

I agree, the tusks need to go! Look very junior high!

rhames

I think we have to wear them for 2 years the way they are. With branding being a main focus now any changes would be subtle in nature.

I like our uniforms
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Redhogs

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on January 13, 2015, 09:40:26 pm
Any chance we lose the dumb "tusks" on the armpit?
I wish we would...but probably won't.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

ballhogger

I like the new uniforms and the additions are very subtle.  They are clean and the kids like them too.  I think they are a good compromise.

razorbackfanatic

IMO the worst thing about the new uni's is the stripe on the pants. So unimaginable. But overall I really like them.

ZERO

Quote from: hoss cartrack on January 13, 2015, 10:08:04 pm

I don't think even a single fan dislikes the '06 uniforms. It sounds like a really easy and natural decision to me.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Bubba's Bruisers

I just want us to stay with the all white uni and helmet for road games.  Sweetest look we have.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 14, 2015, 11:16:49 am
I just want us to stay with the all white uni and helmet for road games.  Sweetest look we have.

Sorriest helmet we've every worn (the white ones).  White uniforms with red helmet are outstanding - just as we wore in the Texas Bowl.  I was thrilled that Jeff/CBB understood how demeaning it would be for our team to wear those "Texas wannabe" helmets in a game vs. the team who owns that particular iconic look (and t hey can have it!).

THAT (what we wore in the Texas Bowl) is what Arkansas Razorbacks look like on the road.  I've seen Arkansas games all across the South over the last 50 years, so I know how we look on the road.  Tradition is bigger than this "new flavor of the month" crap.

As for our uniforms, in general; as much as I am a traditionalist, I like these current uni's pretty well (except for the white helmet), and would almost rather us stand pat than risk what we might get (like what we wore the last two years - ugh!) if we tweak the design yet again.  These are good.

I don't see us going back to the 2006-7 look, which I would love.  That being the case, the current uni's are fine.

GrizzlyRider07

I wish we could just wear the uniforms we played in against Alabama this year! Those were the best I've seen.
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on January 14, 2015, 12:05:20 pm
I wish we could just wear the uniforms we played in against Alabama this year! Those were the best I've seen.
Me too.  They were the right shade of Cardinal.  I say wear those same jerseys and pants with the modern Hog helmet and roll with it.  Best Arkansas unis I've ever laid eyes on. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Pigstie

The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

hobhog

Quote from: Pigstie on January 14, 2015, 02:46:10 pm
Throw backs full time.

This. The white helmets need to be donated to Texarkana High.

LAHog124

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on January 14, 2015, 12:05:20 pm

^^^on point I loved those unis they were sick, just put the modern hog on the helmet and lets kick some names and take some ass lol
"If there's one thing I hate it's losing. If there's two things I hate it it's losing and getting cancer." -Kenny Powers

PorkSoda

Quote from: LAHog124 on January 14, 2015, 04:20:06 pm
^^^on point I loved those unis they were sick, just put the modern hog on the helmet and lets kick some names and take some ass lol
dont be hatin on slobbering hog.  I wouldn't mind switching to that one full time.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Ohio Hog

The uniforms worn for the Alabama game were the best...slobbering Hog and all!

TrueBlue

Quote from: Ohio Hog on January 14, 2015, 05:57:06 pm
The uniforms worn for the Alabama game were the best...slobbering Hog and all!

The first Hog is Ghost Hog with a few drips of saliva, not true Slobbering Hog which is the second pic and of course the third which use to be on the basketball court. Ghost Hog is weak. We need to "give up the Ghost" and let it die.

RAD

Is it called "Ghost Hog" because the snout looks like the eyes and smile of Casper??

Ohio Hog

Long live "few drips of saliva Hog"!  Ha.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Hogville's resident uniform designer.