Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema's statement on Philon and Chaney

Started by ricepig, January 13, 2015, 06:54:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Here are my official statements on a couple of departures from our program #WoooPig http://t.co/1yUYtIyoxO

SquidBilly

Definitely get the feeling that he's not sad to see Chaney leave.

hawg1221

The last sentence regarding Chaney sounds VERY positive about his options for interviews.

Arazorbackguy1

what has never been done at Arkansas?  We won a National Championship.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

ricepig

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on January 13, 2015, 07:57:33 pm

SEC Championship

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Bret Squealema on January 13, 2015, 07:21:32 pm
I got the feeling that he said nothing but the obvious. Chaney left. Maybe we'll learn more when the new guy is hired.

ricepig

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 13, 2015, 08:11:24 pm
I got the feeling that he said nothing but the obvious. Chaney left. Maybe we'll learn more when the new guy is hired.

I got the feeling he wasn't happy about it, but it's hard to tell exactly.

Pigstie

Quote from: Bret Squealema on January 13, 2015, 07:21:32 pm
I agree. Key words are..... "Bigger and brighter future" and "modified transition".
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

online-with-swine

Sounds like he has had a lot of interest in the opening.

PorkRinds

Wildhog

We're about to become a better football team.  Very excited about the future.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hoggy Hogalot

CBB will hire someone good for the OC job. Have no doubt about it.

14erHog

A lot of people reading into coach speech. 
We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer.
Zakk Wylde

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
Thomas Jefferson

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

nonoffensiveposter

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on January 13, 2015, 07:57:33 pm

No we didn't.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: nonoffensiveposter on January 13, 2015, 08:42:01 pm
No we didn't.
Yes they did. The National Football Writers version of the NC for the 1964 season was considered more legitimate than the AP and UPI versions which were voted on before the bowl games. It was so legitimate that the following year AP changed it's policy.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 13, 2015, 08:28:42 pm
What exactly is "modified transition"?
It means that the new OC will change what Chaney was doing. It won't be a major change but it will be something noticeable. Wess Moore said on Game On today he thinks Bielema blamed Chaney for the running game remaining stagnant from 2013.

It could mean less passing and more running. It could mean a promotion for Peavey.

Before some of you jump though your skins with joy I'm not suggesting that Brandon Allen will be benched. But the new OC might want to use two QBs especially if one of them can add to the running game.

All of this is speculation but it looks like there is going to a "modification" to what they were doing offensively last season. What that modification involves remains to be seen.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 13, 2015, 08:51:37 pm
It means that the new OC will change what Chaney was doing. It won't be a major change but it will be something noticeable. Wess Moore said on Game On today he thinks Bielema blamed Chaney for the running game remaining stagnant from 2013.

It could mean less passing and more running. It could mean a promotion for Peavey.

Before some of you jump though your skins with joy I'm not suggesting that Brandon Allen will be benched. But the new OC might want to use two QBs especially if one of them can add to the running game.

All of this is speculation but it looks like there is going to a "modification" to what they were doing offensively last season. What that modification involves remains to be seen.

Thanks Mike. About what I thought. Not reinventing the entire wheel, but changing a few spokes on the wheel.

pigture perfect

What has never been done at Arkansas? The fact is we are inconsistant. We need long term success.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

TeufelHog

Would really be interested in the decision making process/logic of Philon's decision to head to the draft.  Great talent, but I think he's a year early.  Believe this will cost him money in the long run.  Draft stock would sky-rocket after another successful college year which would have enhanced his overall selection.  Wish him well and loved watching him play!  Just wonder what his (better yet his mom and dad's) financial realities are?

Mike Irwin

Quote from: TeufelHog on January 13, 2015, 08:59:59 pm
Would really be interested in the decision making process/logic of Philon's decision to head to the draft.  Great talent, but I think he's a year early.  Believe this will cost him money in the long run.  Draft stock would sky-rocket after another successful college year which would have enhanced his overall selection.  Wish him well and loved watching him play!  Just wonder what his (better yet his mom and dad's) financial realities are?
The word is financial considerations played a major role in the decision.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 13, 2015, 09:00:56 pm
I'm sure it did, but he is quite talented/athletic. 

with a good combine, he will turn some heads.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hogpkins

Wish the best to D.Philon! Hope he tears it up in the NFL.

The "modified transition" caught my attention too. Strange selection of words, especially for a prepared statement. Sounds meaningful. And I like Mike Irwin's suggestion of what it might mean. Never settle -- love it!

Kevin

i would say not being able to score in the second half might have been a discussion point
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Dominicanhog

It's adds a dimension to an offense when the QB can get the big 1st down by running and it also demoralizes a defense when they think they have it covered only for the QB escape for a big run.... I don't think we did it often enough because we were afraid to lose our QB to injury.... in the bowl game, the 2 runs by BA were huge.

SquidBilly

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 13, 2015, 08:11:24 pm

So if you resigned, and your boss had the news anchor come on the next day to read a statement thanking you, but then said that there would be bigger, brighter days ahead and the next guy will be the correct fit for the sports dept, you wouldn't think he was glad to see you go?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 13, 2015, 09:12:54 pm
It's adds a dimension to an offense when the QB can get the big 1st down by running and it also demoralizes a defense when they think they have it covered only for the QB escape for a big run.... I don't think we did it often enough because we were afraid to lose our QB to injury.... in the bowl game, the 2 runs by BA were huge.

I'm not wild about the idea of a two QB system.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 13, 2015, 09:15:07 pm
I'm not wild about the idea of a two QB system.

me either but could be it is part of the offense and if the QB goes down while running the offense, then it's next man up... not that we have tOSU QB depth, but they kept running their offense no matter how many they went through... Cardale was still running it, dam the previous injuries.

BadHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 13, 2015, 08:28:42 pm
What exactly is "modified transition"?

I like it! I think I am going to use that one to break up with my significant other.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Hogpkins

Quote from: BadHog on January 13, 2015, 09:22:16 pm
I like it! I think I am going to use that one to break up with my significant other.

Hahah sorta my thoughts. +1

regi

Quote from: Kevin on January 13, 2015, 09:10:11 pm
i would say not being able to score in the second half might have been a discussion point

I would say so, BB has said over and over, folks don't want to play their physical brand of football for 4 quarters, and I agree, a lot of teams don't. I think he feels that if you are winning the physical battle, you are taking over in the 4th. That is not happening offensively in conference play.

gawntrail

Interesting developments.  I am very excited for the future. 

ldfergu

Since he made these statements I feel like Smith and Thomas get another year

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hoggy Hogalot on January 13, 2015, 08:33:06 pm
CBB will hire someone good for the OC job. Have no doubt about it.

And I'll take odds that when it's announced there will be considerable wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

PorkRinds

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on January 13, 2015, 09:59:52 pm
And I'll take odds that when it's announced there will be considerable wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Most folks hopefully learned their lesson with Robb Smith.

Soooie21

Maybe now we won't have 3 receivers in the same area looking at each other, thinking who is he throwing to..

Laughing Hog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on January 13, 2015, 09:59:52 pm

And you would be correct about the wailing and gnashing and in taking those odds most time around here
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Maybe the modification will be scoring in the 4th qtr when needed.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

rickm1976

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 13, 2015, 10:37:36 pm
Maybe the modification will be scoring in the 4th qtr when needed.

Ha! Now you're talking.

younghog

Mike I think Wes Moore is off. And the modified transition statement is more so of keeping the current playbook while bringing in the new one..

~my thoughts

Go Hogs
GO HOGS

texas tush hog

I figure Bielema knew about the Chaney exit before he left for Louisville. Has probably been surveying the landscape and will probably have a complete staff in place before signing day. Given his track record I would bet the new coaches will be pleasing to us all. Still anxious to see if we get two or four.

Oklahawg

"Modified Transition".

The opposite would be "reboot." That is NOT what we are getting.

I immediately thought, "tweaking the offense".
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Styflin

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 13, 2015, 10:49:06 pm
"Modified Transition

Mike, I am not sure how you got all that from those comments. I read that as the transition will be easy. Basically don't panic we will be fine.

lechon

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 13, 2015, 09:00:56 pm

we need a bag man to give the family 100,000 so D can stay in school.
this is the SEC........
8)
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Bret Squealema on January 13, 2015, 09:13:21 pm
So if you resigned, and your boss had the news anchor come on the next day to read a statement thanking you, but then said that there would be bigger, brighter days ahead and the next guy will be the correct fit for the sports dept, you wouldn't think he was glad to see you go?

Bielema has said on more than one occasion that anytime one of his coaches leaves he always thinks he can upgrade even if he didn't want them to leave. So no, to me that part of the statement doesn't tell me that he wanted Chaney gone.

The part about moving the offense forward with modifications was a little more telling but it still doesn't tell me that he asked Chaney to leave. He could have moved the offense forward with modifications if Chaney had stayed.

At some point this will be cleared up but fans who think they know what happened because this is logical or that is logical, you're guessing. I've been at this long enough to know that a lot of times what seems logical isn't what happened.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Styflin on January 13, 2015, 11:00:32 pm
Mike, I am not sure how you got all that from those comments. I read that as the transition will be easy. Basically don't panic we will be fine.
My response had nothing to do with whether or not the transition will be easy or difficult. Bielema used the term modified transition. That means something with the offense will be modified moving forward. Exactly what will be modified is not clear at this point. I simply offered some possibilities.

BigSexyHog

WTH is CBB supposed to say about Chaney leaving?  Well he left there went the program just shut it down.   We will never get someone of his caliber again.  Jesus Christ some of ya'll think before you post.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Pork Twain

I think most of us on here would be better served listening to Mike's interpretation of what was said.  Prevent some from reading so much into a simple statement.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Peter Porker

Quote from: TeufelHog on January 13, 2015, 08:59:59 pm

How? Rookie contracts are scaled now. They make the big money on the 2nd contract.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged