Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New name surfaces for OC and/or QB coach spot...

Started by Bad News Boar, January 13, 2015, 03:27:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog_fan

Unlikely hire unless Smith leaves and new OC coaches WR. Love to get him as QB coach.

lilRockNDubb

SwineGrind

sooeey pig pig pig

After seeing the coaching talent evaluation of Robb Smith, I think I'll trust whatever Coach sees in the guy without making judgement on his abilities at whatever coaching position he may be given.

BadHog

I'm pretty sure his name has been floated on this board before!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

AugustaHog

I'd love Weinke as our QB coach.  The only way I see this as possible is if we land Stanford's OC Mike Bloomgren.  Bloomgren was a coach at FSU while Weinke was playing.  I'm connecting dots here, but I know UGA fans were hopeful of getting both.  I'd be all over that package deal.  If we had Bloomgren coach TEs (he played TE in his brief college career)and move BLJ to RB or WR.  That would be a huge boost to FL recruiting and massive upgrade coaching wise.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Lake City Hog on January 13, 2015, 06:47:42 pm
With BB and Pitmann on staff already this would be a perfect place for a "new" OC to learn on the job. Plus we now have a "consultant" breaking down teams 2 or 3 weeks in advance. Weinke could learn BB's offensive philosophy without any previous experience to get in the way.

I would think that his playing cred and stature in Florida would be huge when it comes to recruiting.
yep. And judging by IMGs stats, they POUND the rock. Fits our style, no doubt.

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang