Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Football Schedule

Started by Rod6275, January 13, 2015, 02:57:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rod6275

So I was looking at our  schedule and looking back at last years...If  someone  could  explain, why  we  have  2 open weeks last year and this  year only  1? And if someone has some  data... how  well has  by week helped us in the past  towards the next game? I guess you could say we  had  a long  bye  week during the summer before  Auburn, and  you see how  that turned out? but  LSU we did  fine etc. Over the years does  a bye  week help?  or  hurt ( as if it  were in the  2nd  week of a  season). Your  thoughts on open weeks...Do  we   get to  choose   or  does  the SEC   do it  for us. Do we  have  a say other  than  what cup cake  teams  we  choose ?
Choose This Day Who you will Serve...As For Me...It  Is The Hogs !

PorkRinds

I believe the entire SEC has done away with the second bye week.

Professor Psychosis

I may not have this exactly right, but it's something to do with how the real world calendar falls.  Some years from Labor Day weekend to Thanksgiving weekend there are 14 Saturdays, some years there are 13.  Hence 1 bye or two in any given year.

hogsanity

Quote from: Professor Psychosis on January 13, 2015, 04:05:53 pm
I may not have this exactly right, but it's something to do with how the real world calendar falls.  Some years from Labor Day weekend to Thanksgiving weekend there are 14 Saturdays, some years there are 13.  Hence 1 bye or two in any given year.

THIS is the correct answer. I think the next one with 14 is 2019 or 2021. It was also why FCS team got 12 games this year for their reg season, next year it is back to 11.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Rod6275

Choose This Day Who you will Serve...As For Me...It  Is The Hogs !