Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorbacks ranked 4th in early 2015 Sporting News poll

Started by code red, January 13, 2015, 12:04:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

RazorPiggie

younghog

GO HOGS

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

robs4516

I like it when the program gets respect, but that's juuust a bit over the top.
First of all, I didn't start it...
Second of all, they were all still alive when I walked out

porkinsons disease

Quote from: robs4516 on January 13, 2015, 12:22:44 pm
That's what I am thinking also
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: robs4516 on January 13, 2015, 12:22:44 pm

I think all of this FInal Four talk is a year or two premature . . . but I'd love to be wrong.

Paul

might be overly optimistic but WTH!  after the last 3 years we deserve this

rljjr

Sorry, any list with TCU and Baylor in the Top 5 is automatically suspect. There is zero possibility of two Big 12-2 teams in the final four. None.

nonoffensiveposter

That's ridiculous. We have no go to receiver, Brandon Allen at QB and we appear to be losing our best 3 defensive players. We should start out at 20-25 and go from there.

Smokehouse

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 13, 2015, 12:39:21 pm
I think all of this FInal Four talk is a year or two premature . . . but I'd love to be wrong.

I do too, but if it's going to happen any time soon I think it will be next season or three years from now. Probably need one transition year after BA, J-Will, possibly Collins and guys on the o-line leave after next season.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

dsgreen

January 13, 2015, 01:43:23 pm #11 Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 08:52:18 pm by dsgreen

code red

Quote from: Paul on January 13, 2015, 01:17:21 pm
might be overly optimistic but WTH!  after the last 3 years we deserve this
At least maybe it will help with the "winter blues" but yeah no way we are top 4 starting out.   

870hogfan

Quote from: nonoffensiveposter on January 13, 2015, 01:40:03 pm
That's ridiculous. We have no go to receiver, Brandon Allen at QB and we appear to be losing our best 3 defensive players. We should start out at 20-25 and go from there.

With fans like you who needs enemies?

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

gmarv

well I,m with they guy kind of wondering why were only fourth.go big or go home I say.

Youngsta71701

January 13, 2015, 02:12:28 pm #16 Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 03:48:31 pm by Youngsta71701
Maybe this will help in the finish of this year's recruiting efforts. It can't hurt.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

thebignasty

Itll be interesting to see how we react when in the late summer BA's return is listed as a positive and a strength for us by pundits.

hawg1221

I'm a big fan and think the Hogs will be a pretty good ranked team, but he might have been drinking when doing these rankings.

RedyorNot

I dig it. Had BA not had the injury at Mizzou, we're riding a five game winning streak into 2015 with three wins over top 20 teams. Couple that with the two losses with A&M and Bama due to a couple fluke happenings, and we are legitimate. Maybe not fourth just yet, but top 12 very much so.

Jamie Jones

Quote from: rljjr on January 13, 2015, 01:27:14 pm
Sorry, any list with TCU and Baylor in the Top 5 is automatically suspect. There is zero possibility of two Big 12-2 teams in the final four. None.
With no CCG, it could happen pretty easily. But if it does, one of them will be ranked 1. It nearly happened this year. If Arkansas would have beaten Bama, and Florida State had lost to Notre Dame...
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

rljjr

Quote from: Jamie Jones on January 13, 2015, 02:41:36 pm
With no CCG, it could happen pretty easily. But if it does, one of them will be ranked 1. It nearly happened this year. If Arkansas would have beaten Bama, and Florida State had lost to Notre Dame...

I have faith that Baylor is going to tank. TCU might be as good, but I'm not sure about them either.

nonoffensiveposter

Quote from: 870hogfan on January 13, 2015, 01:54:56 pm

With fans like you who needs enemies?

Foolish statement. Just because I don't think everything is awesome and we are the #1 team of evertime, I am a bad fan. I am realistic. We deserve to be ranked, but this team is not one to be competing for an SEC or National Championship.

Arthur pigby sellers.

We just lost our top three defenders.  Look for our defense to take a step back next year.  Eight wins will be good for this team.  JMHO

870hogfan

Quote from: nonoffensiveposter on January 13, 2015, 02:50:13 pm
Foolish statement. Just because I don't think everything is awesome and we are the #1 team of evertime, I am a bad fan. I am realistic. We deserve to be ranked, but this team is not one to be competing for an SEC or National Championship.

Why not? Brandon Allen is better than what you give him credit for. What team do you think will be playing for the SEC title?

ricepig

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on January 13, 2015, 03:14:50 pm
We just lost our top three defenders.  Look for our defense to take a step back next year.  Eight wins will be good for this team.  JMHO

8 is my number, and that was before Philon leaving and however many new coaches.

lefty08

Is anybody complaining about this? So what, positive publicity never hurt. Just enjoy it
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Youngsta71701

>:(
Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on January 13, 2015, 03:14:50 pm

We'll take a step back at the beginning of the year but by the time conference play roles around I'm hoping we'll be fine.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Sigepgator702

Sporting News has the Razorbacks as number 4 in their preseason top 10 for next year...?  I think we will be much better, but that's a huge stretch!!!

Tsarcasm

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: dsgreen on January 13, 2015, 01:43:23 pm
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2015-01-12/2015-top-10-college-football-teams-ohio-state-tcu-baylor-arkansas-oregon-auburn/slide/4

Arkansas at #4
WHile I would absolutely LOVE to see this, I'm afraid some folks are getting a little ahead of themselves based on how we finished and tore up Texas. A lot depends on how well we replace the "big three" on defense AND how well we develop additional depth on that side.

As we current still don't have an OC this particular question of how we're (hopefully) able to improve on offense and continue the development of QBs also need to be answered.

Of course we're not even addressing the fact one can never tell about injuries, suspensions, etc. Not attempting to be a "negative nancy"; however, if we can improve to 8-4, 9-3 I'd honestly be very happy in '15. Keep taking the steps toward being a dominate force and let the ratings take care of themselves.

popcornhog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 13, 2015, 05:51:40 pm
WHile I would absolutely LOVE to see this, I'm afraid some folks are getting a little ahead of themselves based on how we finished and tore up Texas. A lot depends on how well we replace the "big three" on defense AND how well we develop additional depth on that side.

As we current still don't have an OC this particular question of how we're (hopefully) able to improve on offense and continue the development of QBs also need to be answered.

Of course we're not even addressing the fact one can never tell about injuries, suspensions, etc. Not attempting to be a "negative nancy"; however, if we can improve to 8-4, 9-3 I'd honestly be very happy in '15. Keep taking the steps toward being a dominate force and let the ratings take care of themselves.

Sure. #4 is pretty out there. It's still an interesting prediction to look at though.
WPS

LZH

I am not wigged out about #4...it's about 12-15 places too high, but so what.

What irritates me is, why does every internet site these days insist on having these "slideshows" as opposed to just running down a list.  What a freekin pain in the ass.  So, I don't read them.

31to6

I love the respect, but if we jump from 7-6 to playoff in one year, CBB gets Coach of the Century.

spiritof92

Rankings like this are merely to rile up fans and get loads of attention.  Seems to have worked with the Baylor and TCU picks.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hogcard1964