Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Philon Leaving: Monday Night Update

Started by GrizzlyRider07, January 12, 2015, 10:41:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LSPRazorbac

I know some are disappointed and think he would be better off staying but honestly I don't blame him for leaving.

With Flowers gone....he was going to be a marked man on the D-line and have a lot of O-linemen aiming at his knees.

He is a smaller quick D-Linemen that can't afford to lose explosiveness due to knee injuries.

I wish him health and Good Luck and WPS!

Time for the next to step up.

ArkansasI

Darius is a huge part of our turn around. Thank you for being a Razorback big fella.

Darius and Trey are 2 big reasons we should step up our recruiting efforts in Alabama. While Nick is stealing players from our back yard, we should steal a few more of his.

Go Darius!  And Go Hogs!

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Sugar Free Hog on January 12, 2015, 11:18:34 pm
Last time I checked a 4th rounder still makes more money than me. It's hard to judge has decision when he's about to make a nice pay check.
This... Good luck DP! 

jkstock04

Quote from: theenemy on January 12, 2015, 11:21:56 pm
I know some are disappointed and think he would be better off staying but honestly I don't blame him for leaving.

With Flowers gone....he was going to be a marked man on the D-line and have a lot of O-linemen aiming at his knees.

He is a smaller quick D-Linemen that can't afford to lose explosiveness due to knee injuries.

I wish him health and Good Luck and WPS!

Time for the next to step up.
A marked man with Flowers gone? Lol

I wish him the best of luck...hope he has a good career. Was a great player for us...would've loved to see what he could've done his jr year.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

forrest city joe

Good luck to the young man. and a big thank you for being a Razorback.wish the young man all the best. it's B. Jackson time Hog fans. he is going to be really good.

jneal56

Quote from: texas tush hog on January 12, 2015, 10:47:19 pm
Fourth round pick at best. Somebody whispering in the boy's ear. Shame

Still more than he would make if he stayed here next season.
"At least we are moral"

BenDial

Probably is NFL ready body-wise for DE in a 3-4. Versatile enough to still be a slasher DT in the right 4-3 scheme. His grade may have come back better than expected.

N HOG

Quote from: BenDial on January 12, 2015, 11:36:12 pm
Probably is NFL ready body-wise for DE in a 3-4. Versatile enough to still be a slasher DT in the right 4-3 scheme. His grade may have come back better than expected.

I have a hard time seeing either scenario but I wish him best of luck.

Rooka

ImHogginIt

Not gonna believe it until I see it from some other sources or Philon announces it himself

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 12, 2015, 11:17:04 pm
Let's try to stay classy guys, ok?

What happened to Lanny and Douglas banning those that bash players like this ?

Styflin

The rest of the SEC just breathed a sigh of relief. Thanks for being a Razorback Philon. Hope you have a great career.

HawgTide

Quote from: porkulus on January 12, 2015, 11:21:08 pm
Hate to see him go, but wish him all the luck in the world.
Great player. I hate to see him go but wish him the best.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Rooka on January 12, 2015, 11:38:41 pm
Go get 'em Darius.
^^^

Good luck Darius! Thanks for being a Hog! You will always be a Razorback to us!

Fayettechill14

Great Razorback. Hope he does well. Was surprised when we got him and he's been surprising us ever since with how talented he is.

SamBuckhart

Best of luck to you, Darius. Respect you for wanting to take care of your family. Still wish you were here for two more years. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Smokehouse

Can't fault a guy if he's being told he'll be a draft pick, especially with the new rookie wage scale. Could end up like the NBA where players are primarily concerned with getting in and starting the clock as soon as possible because the second contract is where the money is.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: The Boar War on January 12, 2015, 10:57:50 pm
I hope it works out for him.

4.....Tevin Mitchell was arguably our best cover corner

Demaghog

Sucks that we only got one good year out of him. Hopefully this isn't final.

Hawgfan5

While I'm not sure it's the best decision it's not my decision to make and i just want to thank him for his great play here. It didn't go unnoticed. Good luck wherever you go big fella and represent yourself well.

hoghappy

#1 - I hope he stays.
#2 - I hope if he goes, he doesn't go to a terrible team like the Browns, or Raiders.

B501

thanks for the 3 years! great motor for a DT

Peter Porker

Lol at everyone calling it a mistake. The man was told he'd get drafted. He dominated the SEC. He will make more money in 2015 than 99.9% of this board and he's only 21-22 years old.

I get it. You want him to help our team win. Guess what? Every time an athlete leaves Arkansas early, it's not a mistake.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Beaverfever

Even if Philon is a fourth rounder you have to consider that his ceiling might not be much higher as far as the draft is concerned.  If that's the case he'd be making a good decision. 

Pork Twain

This is an awful idea and someone is giving him really bad advice, but he is not the first to do it or get it.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

k.c.hawg

Thank you for all you have done as a Hog Darius. Wish you all the best and hope to see you on Sundays in Arrowhead.Go fulfill your dreams. If you are meant to be an NFL player, now is as good of a time as any. Last time I saw a thread like this was probably Jason Peters, so go make it happen!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: jneal56 on January 12, 2015, 11:29:21 pm
what ? Philon woud have emerged out of Flowers shadow and would become the premiere DL in the SEC.....he's losing a lot of money by leaving early, but I am proud he came to play at the UA for as long as he did....good luck in your future, Darius, thanks for the memories
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Dirty

JackJohnson

Good luck DP!

Sucks when you look around the SEC and several teams have much higher rated prospects coming back...however if his heart wasn't going to be here then this is the best move for him...and us

ChitownHawg

Last time I checked a 4th rounder still makes more money than me. It's hard to judge his decision when he's about to make a nice pay check.

Bingo. And when the family needs the money. I would have loved for him to say, but will be cheering for his success either way.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

SquidBilly

Darius Philon will always be a Hog.  Go represent us well in the league young man. 

Pork Twain

Last time I checked a 4th rounder still makes more money than me. It's hard to judge his decision when he's about to make a nice pay check.
Here's to hoping he is at least a 4th rounder.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

immahog

This is a guy who was not gonna be a hog... he fell to us we should be thankful for what he has help this program with in its worst years in the history of hog football.... Thanks DP wish you the best WPS
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

lefty08

Only correct answer here is good luck Darius, make us proud. Your future is yours
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Jeffcphog

Bless you Darius.  We were lucky to have you for the time we did.  You made us better.  Now go make us proud.

Pig In The City

Imo, that significantly hurts our defense next year.  His high motor will be hard to replace.  I hope he makes waves when he gets there.

lefty08

All this being said a source would be nice
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Quickdraw

Thanks for being a Hog Philon. Best wishes to you Sir!

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: ImHogginIt on January 12, 2015, 11:42:00 pm
What happened to Lanny and Douglas banning those that bash players like this ?
there isn't one person on here bashing a player.  smh.  Some feel he is making a mistake. 

My take on the situation. I feel he could have helped his stock by coming back, but if I were him, I would go too.

gmarv

good luck darius,wish nothing but the best for you.wps

CattleCorn

We will definitely miss you out there Mr. Philon, but wish you nothing but the utmost success on and off the field. Be uncommon.   :razorback:

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Danny J on January 12, 2015, 11:19:31 pm
I definitely wish him the best. He has overcome a lot to get to where he is.

This!  Hope he gets drafted high, sticks with a team for a long time, and makes a lot of money. 

RazorPiggie

Kevin

Hope for nothing the best for you, Darius. Thanks for your effort to the razorback program
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

GalaHawg

Good luck to Darius... He was a bonus recruit for Arkansas and he served very well the last two years. And we're lucky to have Bijhon to plug him in Philon's place - we'll be OK.

discombobulationist

Quote from: moses_007 on January 12, 2015, 11:16:29 pm
Well, the lure of the NFL has struck again.  These boys don't understand the importance of getting that degree.  More often than not, the NFL does not pan out for the majority of players going pro early.

You can always go back for the degree. If somebody is going to pay you tons of money to play a game, it's hard to fault a guy for going. Wish him nothing but the best, hopefully the next great DT is sitting in his living room watching DP get drafted.
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pm
ISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

Rawland Watson

He'll be a good NFL player you're not drafting him to play this year He's going to be really good in 2 years. on the other hand this really really hurts our defensive line he gave us great pass rush from the inside I was really counting on him to be back.
hard work and dedication

LJHOG

League Minimum - $510,000 in 2015, and if applicable $600,000 in 2016.
$6300/week for the practice squad.
As much as I really want him to stay (and it's a lot) there is a good chance he will earn 1/2 million bucks (or more) this year.  The only way he should stay is if he can get a $10 million insurance policy.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: jneal56 on January 12, 2015, 11:29:21 pm

Yeah, but what about the long term.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"