Previous topic - Next topic

GrizzlyRider07

Source is just released saying g he's going pro
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Kenny Hawgins

Rand Getlin ?@Rand_Getlin  5m5 minutes ago
Source: #Arkansas DT Darius Philon is expected to forego his remaining college eligibility and enter the NFL Draft.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

GB-Razorback

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

Dropkick

I feared as much. Good luck to him.

Woopig69

He's been a great Razorback!  Hope he does well in the Nfl.

cosmodrum

I think it's a mistake. I bet was going to have a monster senior year.
Go away, batin'

Hogsmo Kramer

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Andrew Hogfan

Sucks for us but hope it works out great for him. Thank you for being a hog!!
WPS!!!

LRHawg

Assuming no injuries, I think another year would have been in his best interest, but it's his choice and thanks for being a hog!

texas tush hog

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on January 12, 2015, 10:42:05 pm
Rand Getlin ?@Rand_Getlin  5m5 minutes ago
Source: #Arkansas DT Darius Philon is expected to forego his remaining college eligibility and enter the NFL Draft.

Fourth round pick at best. Somebody whispering in the boy's ear. Shame

PorkerOinker

Poor decision IMO,  will be a late round pick I think.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

Dropkick

Who is the source?

CDBHawg

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 12, 2015, 10:45:45 pm

He'd of been a Jr. next year.

Woopig69

would have been a junior next year.

PorkRinds

We need another philon thread I think.

code red

Not good crap hope Chiefs get him
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

scooby21322

I have to think he's making a mistake.  Oh well. 

reddogjcss

Toot! Good Luck Mr. Philon

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: texas tush hog on January 12, 2015, 10:47:19 pm
Fourth round pick at best. Somebody whispering in the boy's ear. Shame

Yep. I wish him the best, but the odds are against him.

Hollywood_HOGan45

The man is a stud in the best league. Congrats! Go get paid young man!!

Ledbetter is next!

Dugann

$  sad $ everyone going be a star..... 4th dt/de one of many..... /sigh.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Dugann

oh yea ask scotty Thurman about this...
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

razorhogLR

Looks like Greg McElroy did us a disservice talking him up all the time :(

TNRazorbacker

Ouch, losing best 3 defenders

The Boar War

Oklahawg

Good luck, Darius. Thanks for your time as a Hog.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

The Hogfather

FATHAWG08

Good Luck! You will be a Hog for Life! Job well done Mr. Philon.
I love off season Football!!

Porkbutt Gary

Leaving with two years eligibility left is not smart.  I know his family could use the money but he's leaving a lot on the table.  For his sake, I hope I'm wrong.
Once a  Razorback, Always a Razorback  ... Unless you're a Nutt!

island hog

He is making a mistake, in my opinion...unless he just doesn't want to deal with school anymore, he could up his draft stock immensely next year.  Again, assuming he stayed healthy, he could have a monster year. 

Ray Piggers

Huge mistake.

But I'm ignorant to his circumstance, so maybe he's just doing what he has to do.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Carl Lazlo

Ex-Trumpet

Get a big signing bonus.  That is all.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

RazorPiggie

JR year.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

pigroots

He's been a great hog. If he didn't get hurt he's losing money by going early. If he does get hurt he is better off leaving now. I guess the bird in the hand is what he's thinking. Good luck and represent the U of A well Darius...we'll miss ya

hawgmasta

I really wish he was staying and it kind of makes my stomach sink a little, we could've really used him next year.

Thank you for your effort and time at the Universiry of Arkansas Darius Philon! I hope you become an all-pro and come back to teach our guys a few things in the offseason.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

RazorPiggie

Personally I think its not a smart move.

1hogfan

Best of luck Darius!  The  Razorback Nation will be watching and cheering for you! We don't forget. You will wear different jersey, but you are still a Razorback and always will be! Thanks for making the choice to be part of our family! See you on Sundays!

Dr. Starcs

Shut up Bluto.

Glad we had you for 2 years Darius. Thanks for helping us turn the program around. Good luck on Sundays.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Can look at it as a plus. Damn you can be a RS soph at Ark and get drafted. Short term pain for the program but with the number of guys we will put in the league coaches can uses it as a selling point. Speight develops from a juco to legit star Philon goes as a RS soph, Flowers stays to cement his legacy. If Philons mind is made up hope he is drafted high will only help Arkansas profile and recruiting in the future. Sad though too because you can never get those college years back and once you are in the No Fun League its a job no more no less and they don't give 2 shts about you
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

moses_007

Well, the lure of the NFL has struck again.  These boys don't understand the importance of getting that degree.  More often than not, the NFL does not pan out for the majority of players going pro early.

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Sugar Free Hog

Last time I checked a 4th rounder still makes more money than me. It's hard to judge his decision when he's about to make a nice pay check.
Razorbacks-Grizzlies-Titans-Red Sox

RazorPiggie

Danny J

I definitely wish him the best. He has overcome a lot to get to where he is.

Beaverfever

Great luck to the kid either way.  The great programs all lose a few guys every year and they roll on.  I don't know if we're there yet.  Philon, flowers, and spaight are probably our three best players on the team.  This will officially moderate my expectations but I hope the player development continues.

AirForceHog

Good luck to the young man. I sure hope he tears it up in the NFL. Coach B's new JJ Watt.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

porkulus

Hate to see him go, but wish him all the luck in the world.