Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why not make Pittman co-OC and hire a QB-co oc?

Started by hogfaninmo, January 11, 2015, 08:15:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfaninmo

I'd give him a cool million and 3 year contract and see what happens!!

GoPigs69

Tim Harris

I would rather hire someone with experience calling plays.

onebadrubi

If you had a play calling head coach, Maybe.  But that is not how this staff will setup

Fayettechill14

Pittman already has a major hand in the running game.

Jek Tono Porkins

I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

hehawg

#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

HOGINTENNESSEE

hoglady

Never have liked co- anything.
It's kinda like playing with 2 QB's - rarely works.
Buck needs to stop with 1 guy.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ricepig

whippersnapper

Pittman strikes me as the kind of guy that just wants to focus on his Oline and not the entire offense. One of the best line coaches in the nation, I'm sure he has had a few offers to be a OC.

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: whippersnapper on January 11, 2015, 08:35:30 pm
Pittman strikes me as the kind of guy that just wants to focus on his Oline and not the entire offense. One of the best line coaches in the nation, I'm sure he has had a few offers to be a OC.

Hasn't he stated this very thing a few times?

PorkRinds

In a sea of really stupid ideas, this one really stands out as a shining star.

hogfaninmo

Chris Weinke as qb co-oc? He could recruit skill positions nation wide and kids love him. Not sure he would leave img academy, lol

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: hogfaninmo on January 11, 2015, 09:06:48 pm
Chris Weinke as qb co-oc? He could recruit skill positions nation wide and kids love him. Not sure he would leave img academy, lol

I think he is making a ton at IMG. Especially with all the QB training he does dor the NFL draft

The_Bionic_Pig

The next OC most likley has a heavy influence on a new WR's coach & QB coach.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

SquidBilly

The Oline coach is sort of  a defacto co-oc because they coach almost half of the players on offense but Pittman doesn't need the title nor any more work lumped on him. 

sickboy

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 11, 2015, 09:11:56 pm
I think he is making a ton at IMG. Especially with all the QB training he does dor the NFL draft

Weinke wants to be a college Head Coach. So he wants in the game. And we can absolutely offer him more money than he's making at IMG. I know he makes good money... but it ain't THAT good.

I'd take a chance on him if his personality fits our staff.

rwspear

ill take $500k if we're just throwing it around

hogfaninmo

I got blasted for this when I posted it but looks like Weinke was at least talked to about qb coach, may not happen but I was the 1st one to mention it and got blasted for it. Lol

deedster84

Quote from: hogfaninmo on January 15, 2015, 02:25:46 am
I got blasted for this when I posted it but looks like Weinke was at least talked to about qb coach, may not happen but I was the 1st one to mention it and got blasted for it. Lol
Where did you see he was talked to about the position?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: deedster84 on January 15, 2015, 04:11:38 am
Where did you see he was talked to about the position?

Twitter hints of a recent friendship with Arkansas staff...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

shotgun7

Lets just pay everybody on the staff a cool million. Its just money!

Pork Twain

I would rather keep Pittman at what he is best at and hire an OC.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

rlreev01

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!.  Leave Pittman alone!!!

HognVA

HOGINTENNESSEE

Hogeration

I suspect Pittman's input is much greater than "CO-OC". Most OL coaches at that level have to be so they can get protections called. He may not call plays but there is plenty that Pittman has his hands on.

PorkRinds

Because that's the dumbest idea ever suggested, that's why.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 15, 2015, 07:31:18 am
It's killing Michigan State

Doesn't tOSU also have co-OC and co-DCs? Really seemed to hurt them this year.

PorkRinds

Quote from: DukeOfPork on January 15, 2015, 08:23:23 am
Only because...Hogville.

right?  That and the guy on Bo's show suggesting Ed Orgeron be our new OC.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 15, 2015, 08:15:11 am

My post was sarcasm

Amityvillehogger

I've heard this several times already. Do some of you guys not think that if Pittman wanted to be an OC, he couldn't be? The man is happy making his 500K or more and recruiting and coaching the crap out of some OL. LEAVE HIM ALONE. He's tearing it up doing what he's doing now.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

hoglady

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 15, 2015, 08:15:11 am

From the outside looking in that appears to be a title thing - kind of like associate head coach.
With Ohio St. you still have one of the coaches as the primary OC and the primary DC.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

LRHawg

Pittman's role now is working quite well, why fix something that isn't broke?

oldhawg

Wonder what influence coach Pittman has regarding the hiring of a new OC?  It's the power, not the title, a person wields that is significant.

jm

Quote from: hogfaninmo on January 11, 2015, 08:15:57 pm
I'd give him a cool million and 3 year contract and see what happens!!

Why do you think he wants that?
I have no idea as to his career goals, but he has spent most of career in Kansas, Oklahoma, or Missouri to this point. Maybe being close to "home" is more important than career advancement.

GoPigs69

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 15, 2015, 08:01:31 am
Because that's the dumbest idea ever suggested, that's why.
This right here....absolutely stupid.  He's never called plays...

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 11, 2015, 08:17:11 pm
I would rather hire someone with experience calling plays.
This is so crazy it just might work.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 15, 2015, 09:21:43 am
This is so crazy it just might work.

I dunno.  Learning on the job in the SEC west could be great experience for a guy that will likely be fired in a year and move on to the MAC.  If we want someone to stick around a while, I'd say experience should be a factor.  ;D

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: DukeOfPork on January 15, 2015, 08:23:23 am
Only because...Hogville.
No doubt. It's like the loony bin up in here.

I think it's obvious that Pittman is best at his current position...O-line coach and lead recruiter. Pittman should fulfill his duties as O-line coach and then be on the recruiting trail the rest of the time. He doesn't need to be cooped up in an office watching film and drawing up plays all day...I don't think that's the best use of his talents.

Bielema has never had a Co-OC and I doubt he'll start now. For most of his coaching career, he had Paul Chryst; a guy he could trust to run the offense effectively. He's going for someone like Paul Chryst. Unfortunately, in today's college football world, finding an OC that bases his offense on the power run isn't exactly easy.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

DoctorSusscrofa

I prefer not to have co-OCs if possible.  Only one guy can realistically be in charge, and the other co-OC is just a title for show. I'd rather just pay coaches what they're worth regardless of title.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Rocket23

Yes, it went really well last time we had Co-OCs with Markuson. 

Tom Herrmann was the OC at Ohio State, and he won the Broyles Award.

Supposedly Chris Ash was Co-DC at Ohio State, although he was very seldom mentioned and never shown when OSU was on tv.  It was always Luke Fickel.

Hawgzinbowlz

Pig In The City

CBB needs to find an OC who is a strategist and knows how to make in game adjustments. Chaney may have been a mad scientist but it never showed on game day unless the opponent was outmatched from the start.