Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pittman tweets

Started by Beantown Razahback, January 11, 2015, 06:13:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Beantown Razahback

SIAP...in regards to Chaney rumors and him being a package deal I assume.

@CoachSamPittman: I'm a razorback. Don't want to deal with rumors that aren't true. #WPS

@CoachSamPittman: WooPigSooie!!!!  What a great day to be a Hog!!

Danny J

I never had a doubt he would stay if Chaney were to leave. They weren't married as many thought.

Tim Harris

The second tweet you posted is when Merrick committed.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Danny J on January 11, 2015, 06:21:12 pm
I never had a doubt he would stay if Chaney were to leave. They weren't married as many thought.

One of the most unfounded myths on here.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

3YardsAndACloudofPork

Arkansas' current iteration of itself in football is a wet dream for a coach like Pittman. Not so much for Chaney

Beantown Razahback

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 11, 2015, 06:24:44 pm
The second tweet you posted is when Merrick committed.

Yes I know, but a coach on the way out likely wouldn't post something like that.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: 3YardsAndACloudofPork on January 11, 2015, 06:27:21 pm
Arkansas' current iteration of itself in football is a wet dream for a coach like Pittman. Not so much for Chaney

I would think the only gig Pittman would leave for would be NFL. No better situation for him than AR.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Lake City Hog

http://247sports.com/Coach/Sam-Pittman-477/AllTimeRecruits

Just how accurate is this? This makes it sound like Pittman is about our only recruiter.

HogsBalls

Pitt is a great guy to have on staff. I believe the relationship he has with Coach B keeps him here for a long time. Coach B is the ultimate coaches coach. He allows the guys to do their jobs and doesn't micro-manage what they do. He allows the coaches to use their own philosophies as long as it fits into the overall picture.

Pittman isn't going anywhere.

AugustaHog

He was not the lead on peavey or watts to my knowledge.  Definitely not Rafe.  The rest, at least the hogs are right.  He's a stud.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Danny J on January 11, 2015, 06:21:12 pm

Well, they have been good friends for almost a decade. Sam was going to Cincy before Chaney was hired here.

Lucky for us CBB and Pittman have become really good friends in the 2 years they have been here.

SquidBilly

Bielema has had a couple of good Oline coaches working for him but I would bet if asked he would say Pittman has been the best.

Rocket23

Pittman is from the area too.  He played high school ball in eastern Oklahoma, played at Pitt state, and coached high school in eastern Oklahoma

bigstyx

Pittman is NOT a Pitt man!

greasy_corner

jabohog

Quote from: Beantown Razahback on January 11, 2015, 06:13:52 pm

@CoachSamPittman: I'm a razorback. Don't want to deal with rumors that aren't true. #WPS
Maybe the rumors that aren't true Pittman is talking about is Chaney isn't going anywhere?

dsgreen

I'd be ok with Arkansas paying Pittman millions of dollars to keep him on staff here.  Guy is totally worth it.

sechog

Don't think he will be leaving since he just signed a new contract that he agreed to a buy out clause.

Pigstie

Quote from: Beantown Razahback on January 11, 2015, 06:13:52 pm

@CoachSamPittman: WooPigSooie!!!!  What a great day to be a Hog!!
Wait this cannot be true! We have been brainwashed that they are joined at the hip....    ???
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 11, 2015, 06:56:02 pm
Well, they have been good friends for almost a decade. Sam was going to Cincy before Chaney was hired here.

Lucky for us CBB and Pittman have become really good friends in the 2 years they have been here.

Just remember, Alabama wanted Pittman and we had to bump his salary to keep him, and that deal didn't include Chaney. So while they might be friends, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are going to make joint career moves. As for the Cincy thing, who wouldn't rather coach at an SEC school?
Go Hogs Go!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 12, 2015, 05:59:19 am
Just remember, Alabama wanted Pittman and we had to bump his salary to keep him, and that deal didn't include Chaney. So while they might be friends, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are going to make joint career moves. As for the Cincy thing, who wouldn't rather coach at an SEC school?

At the time Cincy was offering the same amount of money and he had worked with the some of their coaches in the past. More of a comfort level.

DeltaBoy

Coach Pitt is a great on and I am glad he is staying.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

JayBell

Pittman isn't going to leave because no one will pay him more than Arkansas will.  He's recruiting like mad.  Arkansas would look like Alabama if they could recruit at every position the way Pittman brings in offensive linemen.

Bielema and Long will offer him any pay raise needed to keep him here.

razorbackfaninar

I thought the timing of it was interesting. The Chaney news hadnt really been widespread or confirmed yet, so it seems as if he wanted to get out in front of any rumors that might start once the Chaney move was made official. Seems like he had also been made aware of the rumors that he and Chaney were a package deal, plus he also probably wanted to make sure not to spook Merrick.

PorkRinds

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on January 12, 2015, 08:42:25 am
I thought the timing of it was interesting. The Chaney news hadnt really been widespread or confirmed yet, so it seems as if he wanted to get out in front of any rumors that might start once the Chaney move was made official. Seems like he had also been made aware of the rumors that he and Chaney were a package deal, plus he also probably wanted to make sure not to spook Merrick.

Merrick was already in Fayetteville.

onebadrubi

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 12, 2015, 05:59:19 am

Or did we Bump his salary?  Remember we supposedly bumped him to 550,00 when bama came calling?  Well, he just got a 25,000 raise to put him at 525,000.... Something isn't matching ip

AugustaHog

I thought he was bumped to $500k for the Bama deal.

hawg1221

Not that it matters, but i would be curious when Merrick arrived in NWA.  I wish someone knew.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawg1221 on January 12, 2015, 09:19:34 am
Not that it matters, but i would be curious when Merrick arrived in NWA.  I wish someone knew.

Yesterday.  I believe he was in Fayetteville when he announced.

JackJohnson

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 11, 2015, 06:56:02 pm

The fact that Pittman and his wife went with CBB and his wife along with another couple to Cabo for new years leads me to believe that are pretty tight...