Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why does Sterling from Center Ridge have a commercial on the radio?

Started by HogMantheIntruder, January 06, 2015, 05:13:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogMantheIntruder

Am I the only one can't stand his long winded calls with that weird accent?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

PorkRinds

Quote from: Poppa Tart on January 06, 2015, 05:13:24 pm

Same reason Forrest city joe has one.

Vantage 8 dude

If he has a commercial on the radio I suspect the answer's quite simple: he pays for it. Might not like it but unless the station is giving away free air time in the form of a commercial anyone can pay the money and be heard.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 06, 2015, 05:29:54 pm
If he has a commercial on the radio I suspect the answer's quite simple: he pays for it. Might not like it but unless the station is giving away free air time in the form of a commercial anyone can pay the money and be heard.

I don't thinks thats it. Like I said, FCj has one too.  I think it's an ad for a radio show they call into frequently.

Razorback_Mack

He seems like a pretty cool guy. He loves the hogs and supports the program. What's wrong with that? Obviously Doublebees went with the angle of using callers to promote their adds which is much better than tommy and roger. It's also better than hearing those crooked car dealers all tell you they can give you the best deal.

AND THATS THE TRUFF......

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 06, 2015, 05:29:54 pm
Doublebees pays for it. It's an ad. Gas it, grab it, and go.....

kingcam25

I enjoy all the callers for the most part. Sterling calls in all hours of the day so I guess hes making all his money doing commercials?

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Hawgey-Davidson

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 06, 2015, 05:47:17 pm
I'm weady to woll wight now, Bo!
Im sorry, but thats funny right there. My teeth fell into the iced tea glass.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Poppa Tart on January 06, 2015, 05:13:24 pm

His calls are better than 95% of the callers and I happen to like them. 

The NewEra

Why does the Buzz keep Rick Schaffer on?

Why is Bo's show now better than the Buzz?

Why do the guys on 93.3 in the morning seem like they live in an alternate universe?

Why is Michael Smith getting hard for me to tolerate anymore?

why is it that Mike Irwin is becoming my favorite guy to listen to?

Why am I already redy for next football season to start? 

I may never know the answer to these mysteries of life before I die, but I keep asking the questions.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: The NewEra on January 06, 2015, 07:40:03 pm

Why do the guys on 93.3 in the morning seem like they live in an alternate universe?

I may never know the answer to these mysteries of life before I die, but I keep asking the questions.

I can't wait to retire and move back home so I can bitch about radio personalities for stations in central Arkansas. Try listening to the LSU propaganda here in weezyanna.
This is my non-signature signature.

The NewEra

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on January 06, 2015, 08:01:01 pm
I can't wait to retire and move back home so I can bitch about radio personalities for stations in central Arkansas. Try listening to the LSU propaganda here in weezyanna.

LOL, I know what you mean man. I lived in Dallas for over 20 years. You just didn't get any razorback sports over there. I am retired and it's good to be back in Arkansas. I hope your time comes soon.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: The NewEra on January 06, 2015, 08:28:49 pm
LOL, I know what you mean man. I lived in Dallas for over 20 years. You just didn't get any razorback sports over there. I am retired and it's good to be back in Arkansas. I hope your time comes soon.

August 12, 2016 won't get here quick enough
This is my non-signature signature.

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

OLDHOG

I like Sterling myself, pretty knowledgeable. Now Gentle Ben is a different story.

termite

You guys are jealous. At least they call in and aren't afraid to expose them self with their op ions. The rest of you guys hide behind your handles on Hogville.

onebadrubi

Quote from: The NewEra on January 06, 2015, 07:40:03 pm

You know what's funny, Smith was calling out callers right before the LsU and ole mis shutouts asking why do we blame BA for anything?  Our defense can't stop anyone.  He was asked can our defense win a game if need be, he said absolutely not.  The two weeks in a row what happened?  It's really really hard NOT to win when the other team scored 0.  There was more to the convo where he was just dogging the D and his partner was calling him on it, but I don't remember well enough to paraphrase it weeks later. 

Pigsear

I'd rather French kiss a cottonmouth than listen to gentle Ben.

The NewEra

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 06, 2015, 09:12:32 pm
You know what's funny, Smith was calling out callers right before the LsU and ole mis shutouts asking why do we blame BA for anything?  Our defense can't stop anyone.  He was asked can our defense win a game if need be, he said absolutely not.  The two weeks in a row what happened?  It's really really hard NOT to win when the other team scored 0. There was more to the convo where he was just dogging the D and his partner was calling him on it, but I don't remember well enough to paraphrase it weeks later.

Very good point.

Michael lost my respect for good the other day when he was so incredibly disrespectful to Chris Frye.  Smith sounded like he was losing it and Chris was trying to keep their conversation civil, to no avail.

OLDHOG

dbh

Quote from: Pigsear on January 06, 2015, 09:14:55 pm
I'd rather French kiss a cottonmouth than listen to gentle Ben.

And that's all anyone does with GB:  Listen.  My God, does he ever come up for air?

KlubhouseKonnected

Sterling seems like a nice enough dude. You cannot talk bad about people on the radio in Arkansas unless you start with the hottest garbage of all, Tommy Smith. Trash.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Sigepgator702

I like his passion on the radio, but his commercials need work!  He gets me fired up at times while driving!

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

immahog

is gentle ben the guy who calls in with the long history stories EVERYDAY???

TrueBlue

Quote from: The NewEra on January 06, 2015, 09:17:45 pm
Very good point.

Michael lost my respect for good the other day when he was so incredibly disrespectful to Chris Frye.  Smith sounded like he was losing it and Chris was trying to keep their conversation civil, to no avail.

Michael Smith has been become a legend in his own mind. - Can't stand to listen to him. He disagrees but has no sensible reasoning behind disagreeing.

Needs to stick to his acting skills. No wait...

PorkRinds

My favorite call ever, to any show, is the one that Bo plays on his intro with the guy screaming at the top of his lungs "we lost two games at Bud Walton Bo!!!".  I was laughing hysterically when I heard the original call.  You have to be insane to be that worked up and call into a radio show. 

hogsanity

Why are there only about 10 callers, total, to all of these shows? Morning Rush has Gary from Arkadelphia and the guy who used to live in Michigan. Bo has Tim, Tigerbait, and Mike from Stuttgart. DTS has Gentle Ben, Sterling, and a couple others.

Does no one else call, or do they just not want to take any other callers?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogsanity on January 07, 2015, 08:54:26 am
Why are there only about 10 callers, total, to all of these shows? Morning Rush has Gary from Arkadelphia and the guy who used to live in Michigan. Bo has Tim, Tigerbait, and Mike from Stuttgart. DTS has Gentle Ben, Sterling, and a couple others.

Does no one else call, or do they just not want to take any other callers?

Some of them call ALL the shows in the state.

hogsanity

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 07, 2015, 08:57:51 am
Some of them call ALL the shows in the state.

I can only hear the three i mentioned. Still brings up the question as to why they are able to get on so often.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Mike Irwin

Quote from: TrueBlue on January 07, 2015, 08:09:59 am
Michael Smith has been become a legend in his own mind. - Can't stand to listen to him. He disagrees but has no sensible reasoning behind disagreeing.

Needs to stick to his acting skills. No wait...

The Michael Smith I work next to five days a week is nothing like the person you just described.

immahog

tim from little rock is the best "get me an awburn game tape bo" LOL

TDHawgs

For some reason I can't stand listening to Sterling, as in like-1000 cats clawing on a chalkboard effect for me. I literally have to turn the channel when he's on. I guess it's the mumbling, monotone, and quiet talking that gets me.  I'm sure he's a great guy, just not someone who needs to be on the radio for long. Also, Gentle Ben, probably a great soul as well, but he really, really, really gets under my skin.. I turn him off as soon as his name is mentioned before he can even speak.. lol   I've actually walked outside, changed oil in my car and came back and he was still on the air talking about the same thing.. lol  They let him stay on forever. Ok, sorry.. rant over!!

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on January 06, 2015, 09:44:51 pm
Sterling seems like a nice enough dude. You cannot talk bad about people on the radio in Arkansas unless you start with the hottest garbage of all, Tommy Smith. Trash.

I know for a fact that DTS is pretty much staged as far as what callers gets in. I have known several folks that tried to get on during the end of the Nutt era and, after screening were told by the screeners they would not get in. That's the reason it so damn funny when someone like Keihl Frazers dad slips past the goalie and gives Rick hell.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Hogfan1660

Not sure what Gentle Ben does for a living but I hear him call every freaking radio show. I got tired of hearing him ramble on like a Teeter motors commercial so I turned it to listen to some music and I swear he called in to request a song!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on January 07, 2015, 11:33:22 am
Not sure what Gentle Ben does for a living but I hear him call every freaking radio show. I got tired of hearing him ramble on like a Teeter motors commercial so I turned it to listen to some music and I swear he called in to request a song!!!

I remember when he used to say he was calling from a payphone outside the grocery store.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on January 07, 2015, 11:33:22 am
;D Hilarious!

TrueBlue

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 07, 2015, 10:37:09 am

The Michael Smith I work next to five days a week is nothing like the person you just described.

REALLY?

You must have changed stations then. Dude disagrees with everyone. It was pointed out to him by Wes today that maybe Hog fans can quit saying that Mike Anderson can't win on the road since he has won 4 out of the last 6 on the road. - Michael Smith replied, "nawww. We have to wait and see. One game means nothing." Huh??? He never listens to reasoning. He always knows better. Just like by six year old.

code red

Because....what else is there to do a Center Ridge???  I digress.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Mike Irwin

Quote from: TrueBlue on January 07, 2015, 02:33:11 pm
REALLY?

You must have changed stations then. Dude disagrees with everyone. It was pointed out to him by Wes today that maybe Hog fans can quit saying that Mike Anderson can't win on the road since he has won 4 out of the last 6 on the road. - Michael Smith replied, "nawww. We have to wait and see. One game means nothing." Huh??? He never listens to reasoning. He always knows better. Just like by six year old.
I sit next to him five days a week. Never had an off the air argument with him in 2 1/2 years.

Arguments during the show are not personal. We're doing sports talk radio. He's got strong opinions but that's what they want. If we all agreed all the time the show would be pointless.

When everybody was raving about Auburn's last to first SEC Championship in 2013 Michael Smith predicted that SEC coaches would adjust to Malzahn's HUNU offense. Wess and I believed that Auburn would be the team to beat in the SEC this season. Michael said they would be significantly down this season.

For the first few weeks it looked like we were right and he was wrong. He's not always right but I've learned to listen to him even when I don't agree with him.

TrueBlue

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 07, 2015, 02:50:52 pm
I sit next to him five days a week. Never had an off the air argument with him in 2 1/2 years.

Arguments during the show are not personal. We're doing sports talk radio. He's got strong opinions but that's what they want. If we all agreed all the time the show would be pointless.

When everybody was raving about Auburn's last to first SEC Championship in 2013 Michael Smith predicted that SEC coaches would adjust to Malzahn's HUNU offense. Wess and I believed that Auburn would be the team to beat in the SEC this season. Michael said they would be significantly down this season.

For the first few weeks it looked like we were right and he was wrong. He's not always right but I've learned to listen to him even when I don't agree with him.

Even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then..

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 07, 2015, 12:10:39 pm
I remember when he used to say he was calling from a payphone outside the grocery store.

LOL  I was just thinking about that when I read your post.  Didn't he claim he worked at that store?

LRRandy

Quote from: TDHawgs on January 07, 2015, 11:16:45 am
For some reason I can't stand listening to Sterling, as in like-1000 cats clawing on a chalkboard effect for me. I literally have to turn the channel when he's on. I guess it's the mumbling, monotone, and quiet talking that gets me.  I'm sure he's a great guy, just not someone who needs to be on the radio for long. Also, Gentle Ben, probably a great soul as well, but he really, really, really gets under my skin.. I turn him off as soon as his name is mentioned before he can even speak.. lol   I've actually walked outside, changed oil in my car and came back and he was still on the air talking about the same thing.. lol  They let him stay on forever. Ok, sorry.. rant over!!
i am the same way about both. Instant station turn when either come on. Call or ad.
This is fun, isn't it.

darkstar

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 07, 2015, 10:37:09 am

I enjoy Mike's contribution. Some people just don't like his point of view and then get mad.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on January 07, 2015, 11:21:40 am
I know for a fact that DTS is pretty much staged as far as what callers gets in. I have known several folks that tried to get on during the end of the Nutt era and, after screening were told by the screeners they would not get in. That's the reason it so damn funny when someone like Keihl Frazers dad slips past the goalie and gives Rick hell.

I don't get people that have a problem with Rick. He seems like the most polite guy ever. I have never heard anything to make me believe he isn't genuinely just a nice guy.

Hogeration

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 07, 2015, 02:50:52 pm

I can appreciate this.  However, I will tell you that sometimes the disagreements come across "hostile" and uncomfortable.  That being said, I really like yall's show and Bo's show.  Those are the only 2 on the radio I can stand.  I just wish the range of 93.3 was greater than the LR metro area.  It fades quick just south of LR.

Hogfan1660

Rick is not nearly as nice as everyone thinks he is. I heard a caller rip him up one side and down the other one time and Rick said "dang it" I'm not going to let you talk down to me like that!!!! Anyone that can get fired enough to say "dang it"  to someone giving you the business can't be that nice!