Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How about a waaaay too early 2015 2-Deep? Modified to actual depth.

Started by Lake City Hog, December 30, 2014, 10:44:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lake City Hog

Only incoming freshmen/JC added are the ones that enrolled early
OFFENSE
QB--------B Allen--------A Allen---R Peavy---T Storey
RB--------J Williams/A Collins--------J Day---D Evans
FB---------C Walker-------T Colquitt----C Slaughter-----C Gragg
TE--------H Henry------- D Sprinkle/ A Voelzke------J Kraus
LT-------D Skipper-------F Ragnow----J Gibson
LG-------S Tretola--------R Koehler-----M Danenhauer
C---------M SMothers------F Ragnow----Z Rogers
RG-------D Kirkland--------A Beck------A Deacon
RT-------B Wallace--------J Allen??
WR------K Hatcher-------J Cornelius---E Hawkins---C Hollister
WR------J Robinson-------D Morgan/K Edwards--A Antwine

DEFENSE
DE----J Winston-----M Loewen---J Hall (Don't be surprised to see Loewen start!)
NG----T Johnson-----B Jackson
DT----D Philon-------D Hodge---K Marks---A Watts---J Ward---C Boyd
DE----D Wise-------T Beanum/J Ledbetter---B Lewis
SLB----R Ramsey-------D Greenlaw??   ( Hackett or Eugene could be backup for both OLB)
MLB---- B Ellis-------J Williams
WLB-----D Eugene/K Hackett---D Graham???
CB------J Collins-----C Floyd---M Reynolds
SS-----J Liddell------D McKinney
CB-----H Toliver----D Dean
FS------S Ramirez----D Coley
NB------D Dean------K Richardson

With the guys that we have returning it will be hard for true freshmen to break into the 2-deep in most spots. Some may get some "spot" play, but if all goes well we should be able to redshirt a ton of this class. Greenlaw and/or Graham at LB will probably get a real chance to take a back-up spot.

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Cantrell is going to play from week 1.   I'd take 10 more just like him.

O'Grady/Kraus is more likely than your #2 TE's.

Ragnow should be the starting C, but it's hard to supplant a Sr. that has played as much as Smothers has.

If we can hang on to KJ Hill it'll be hard to keep him on the bench. 

Froholdt will be in the 2 deep.

A good problem to have that we've not had in a looooong time is other than QB/RB the starting spots are pretty much up for grabs.  We'll have a nice class come in and push for playing time, this 2015 class is the class that should give us a nearly full roster of SEC caliber players.  I don't think we've truly had that joining the conference.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Lake City Hog

I modified the 2-deep to more of a "depth" chart showing all of the scholarship back-ups. I may have a walk-on or 2 in ther so help me with that, please.

We should be in very good shape everywhere except maybe Linebacker. We are pretty thin there and both Freshmen will have to contribute.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Tim Harris

There will be a couple freshman in there. It happens every year.

TE and WR will for sure have freshman contribute.

Froholdt will be in the mix as well.

Bubba's Bruisers

I guarantee KJ Hill and at least 1 of the freshman TE's will be up there.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Lake City Hog on December 30, 2014, 10:44:06 pm
Only incoming freshmen/JC added are the ones that enrolled early
OFFENSE
QB--------B Allen--------A Allen---R Peavy---T Storey
RB--------J Williams/A Collins--------J Day---D Evans
FB---------C Walker-------T Colquitt----C Slaughter-----C Gragg
TE--------H Henry------- D Sprinkle/ A Voelzke------J Kraus
LT-------D Skipper-------F Ragnow----J Gibson
LG-------S Tretola--------R Koehler-----M Danenhauer
C---------M SMothers------F Ragnow----Z Rogers
RG-------D Kirkland--------A Beck------A Deacon
RT-------B Wallace--------J Allen??
WR------K Hatcher-------J Cornelius---E Hawkins---C Hollister
WR------J Robinson-------D Morgan/K Edwards--A Antwine

DEFENSE
DE----J Winston-----M Loewen---J Hall (Don't be surprised to see Loewen start!)
NG----T Johnson-----B Jackson
DT----D Philon-------D Hodge---K Marks---A Watts---J Ward---C Boyd
DE----D Wise-------T Beanum/J Ledbetter---B Lewis
SLB----R Ramsey-------D Greenlaw??   ( Hackett or Eugene could be backup for both OLB)
MLB---- B Ellis-------J Williams
WLB-----D Eugene/K Hackett---D Graham???
CB------J Collins-----C Floyd---M Reynolds
SS-----J Liddell------D McKinney
CB-----H Toliver----D Dean
FS------S Ramirez----D Coley
NB------D Dean------K Richardson

With the guys that we have returning it will be hard for true freshmen to break into the 2-deep in most spots. Some may get some "spot" play, but if all goes well we should be able to redshirt a ton of this class. Greenlaw and/or Graham at LB will probably get a real chance to take a back-up spot.

I'm really expecting Ragnow to take the starting center position by the end of fall practices.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

BigE_23

Am I missing something...wasn't Smothers in the same class as B. Cook? Don't remember him redshirting. How does he still have illegibility? I'm not complaining, just thought he was a senior.

Lake City Hog

gmarv

smothers did redshirt.my question is why do you c gragg at fullback isn,t he a tightend highly rated one at that?

Tim Harris

Quote from: Lake City Hog on December 31, 2014, 12:47:38 pm
Smothers redshirted his 2nd year, sickness? injury?

I think he just decided he didn't want to play for John L.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: gmarv on December 31, 2014, 12:53:16 pm
smothers did redshirt.my question is why do you c gragg at fullback isn,t he a tightend highly rated one at that?

Already playing in the league too

razorbacksnum1

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on December 30, 2014, 11:46:25 pm
Cantrell is going to play from week 1.   I'd take 10 more just like him.

O'Grady/Kraus is more likely than your #2 TE's.

Ragnow should be the starting C, but it's hard to supplant a Sr. that has played as much as Smothers has.

If we can hang on to KJ Hill it'll be hard to keep him on the bench. 

Froholdt will be in the 2 deep.

A good problem to have that we've not had in a looooong time is other than QB/RB the starting spots are pretty much up for grabs.  We'll have a nice class come in and push for playing time, this 2015 class is the class that should give us a nearly full roster of SEC caliber players.  I don't think we've truly had that joining the conference.

Cantrell is going to play in front of Hunter Henry? Crazy. He's two time All SEC and one of the best TEs in the country. The competition is for the #2 TE where Derby played.

Lake City Hog

Cantrel is a high 3*, not sure that makes him an automatic starter from day 1.
I think that it will be hard for many of the newcomers to bust into the lineup.

Jackson was VERY highly thought of coming in and he never took the starting job.
JoJo was a shoo-in by most of you, but he redshirted.

The jump from the best HS team to even a mediocre SEC team is simply HUGE! Plus, we have some VERY good players in front of them at almost every position.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Lake City Hog

Kirkland to tackle makes a lot of sense, but I am leaving him at guard til they actually do it. Give Wallace a year at guard to get acclimated to SEC play then make the moves that need to be made.
That would also probably allow guys like Beck, Danenhauer and Deacon better opportunities to provide some relief. I think having those guys backing up at guard is better since it is a little less critical.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 31, 2014, 12:56:33 pm
I think he just decided he didn't want to play for John L.

So did a lot of other players, can we get there eligibility back as well?

HOGINTENNESSEE

yraciv

I think you are pretty spot  on with your FR assumptions.  I think we'll have some more surprisingly good redshirts.  I expect 1 FR TE to play, probably Will Gragg, and the rest to redshirt.  I know RD expects Cantrell to play from day 1, but I think Gragg is better now and we have depth and I think Sprinkle holds is own over these guys in blocking packages.  I also expect it will be hard to keep KJ Hill off the field.  I expect 3 or 4 others to play but that might be due to injuries and special team needs, but who knows who that will be yet. I really like the potential in our backup DL and expect Froholdt to redshirt.

PigBrother

Chris Jones (FB) got some run this season.  I imagine he'll crack the 2-deep at fullback.

bennyl08

QB: BA, AA, RP, Storey
RB: Williams/Collins, Evans/Walker, Day, McPherson, RW3?
FB: Walker/Colquitt, Jones, Slaughter

WR: Hatcher, Hollister, Cornelius, Hawkins
WR: Morgan, Edwards, Antwine
WR: Robinson, KJ Hill, Stewart
TE: Henry, Voelzke, Gragg, Kraus
TE: Sprinkle, Cantrell, O'Grady

LT: Skipper, Beck
LG: Tretola, Koehler
C: Smothers/Ragnow
RG: Kirkland, Rogers
RT: Wallace, Allen, Jackson

DE: Wise Jr., Loewen, Brown, Hall
DT: Philon, Marks, Froholdt, Watts, Ledbetter
DT: Jackson/Johnson, Hodge, Ward, Boyd, Dean
DE: Winston, Beanum, Lewis

OLB: Williams, Graham, Greenlaw
MLB: Ellis, Williams,
OLB: Hacket/Eugene, Ramsey (Ellis is the only major returner we have so lots of unknowns)

CB: Dean, Collins
CB: Toliver, Floyd, Ramirez
FS: Liddell, McKinney
SS: Gaines/Coley

K: Hedlund, McFain, Saling
P: Johnson, Baker
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Lake City Hog

Benny, do you think Gaines will make it back?
I hope he does from an experience standpoint, but he is not on the official roster.

I agree with you on LB, who knows what will happen there?? I think Ramsey and Hackett have the size to be performers. I am wondering if Ramirez could play a safety/LB hybrid that Smith likes to use against spread teams?

passinghog

We're going to be unreal at TE...Henry, Kraus as a blocker, Sprinkle, O'Grady, Cantrell, Voelzke AND Gragg? WOW...

bennyl08

Quote from: Lake City Hog on January 02, 2015, 06:26:42 pm
Benny, do you think Gaines will make it back?
I hope he does from an experience standpoint, but he is not on the official roster.

I agree with you on LB, who knows what will happen there?? I think Ramsey and Hackett have the size to be performers. I am wondering if Ramirez could play a safety/LB hybrid that Smith likes to use against spread teams?

Not too many players legitimately kicked off the team have made it back (legitimately referring to Alex Collins thing about this time last year). However, I have a good feeling about this one. No sources, never even met Gaines face to face, I just think he will be back. If not, I think Coley takes his place.

I probably should have done a nickel position as well as we seemed to use that a good bit. My guess is that it would be Collins, Dean, and Tolliver in some order.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

blu

I believe Collins was just suspended from participating in team activities for a week, not kicked off the team. 
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Hogtimes

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on December 31, 2014, 10:47:02 am
Quarterback

Brandon Allen
Rafe peavy
Austin Allen
Ty storey (red shirt)
Braxton Miller (red shirt)

;D

Do you realy think Braxton Miller would transfer here to redshirt.   I belive he  will graduate and be immediately elgible.   Plus he set out this year

Lake City Hog

IF were were to move Kirkland to RT and start Wallace at RG I think that we could see some switching of the back-ups. Mayube starting Smothers at Center for sure and using Ragnow to back-up multiple spots.

That would sure give us more flexibility along the LOS. Kirkland at Tackle allows Wallace the time to acclimate to SEC football.

Lake City Hog

Looks like BB may be thinking about Ragnow to take Brey Cook's spot and move Kirkland out to tackle. That means that Wallace will have even more time to adjust to the SEC while providing good depth.

BB also seems to be expecting some good things from J Allen at guard/

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 02, 2015, 05:03:05 pm
RB: Williams/Collins, Evans/Walker, Day, McPherson, RW3?

I saw plenty of RJ Williams highlights this year. Pretty phenomenal. Really interested to see how the transition goes for him.

And...waaaaay too early? It's NEVER too early!
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

bennyl08

2016???

QB: Storey, AA, RP
RB: Collins, RW3, Day, Evans, McPherson
FB: Colquitt, Jones, Slaughter

WR: Hill, Hollister, Cornelius, Hawkins
WR: Cornelius, Edwards, Antwine
WR: Robinson, Morgan, Stewart, Jones
TE: Henry, Gragg, Kraus
TE: Sprinkle, Cantrell, O'Grady

LT: Skipper, Jackson
LG: Rogers, Koehler
C: Ragnow
RG: Kirkland
RT: Wallace, Allen

DE: Wise Jr., Brown, Hall
DT: Froholdt, Marks, Watts, Ledbetter
DT: Jackson/Johnson, Ward, Boyd, Dean
DE: Winston, Beanum, Lewis

OLB: Williams, Graham, Greenlaw
MLB: Ellis, Williams,
OLB: Hacket/Eugene, Ramsey (Ellis is the only major returner we have so lots of unknowns)

CB: Dean, Collins
CB: Toliver, Floyd, Ramirez
FS: Liddell,
SS: Coley

K: Hedlund, McFain, Saling
P: Johnson, Baker

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

RazorPiggie

My OL would be

LT-Skipper, Wallace
LG-Tretola, Koehler
C-Smothers, Rogers
RG-Ragnow, Allen
RT-Kirkland, Wallace/Jackson

Lake City Hog

Piggie, I think you have it except for Rogers. I believe that BB will try to RS him.
I think we may see one of the current 3rd team guys given the opportunity to spell Smothers for a play or 2 each quarter. Someone like Danenhauer??

longpig

Quote from: Lake City Hog on January 06, 2015, 09:30:14 pm
Piggie, I think you have it except for Rogers. I believe that BB will try to RS him.
I think we may see one of the current 3rd team guys given the opportunity to spell Smothers for a play or 2 each quarter. Someone like Danenhauer??
Won't be surprised if BB redshirts all the incoming O linemen
Don't be scared, be smart.

Pig In The City

redleg

My best guess:

Offense:
QB - #10 sr. Brandon Allen 6'3" 215 lbs. 4.6
FB - #24 sr. Kody Walker 6'2" 250 lbs. 4.55
TB - #32 sr. Jonathon Williams 6'0" 230 lbs. 4.45
       #3 jr. Alex Collins 5'11" 220 lbs. 4.4
WR - #4 sr. Keon Hatcher 6'2" 210 lbs. 4.45
WR - #5 fr. K. J. Hill 6'1" 190 lbs. 4.4 * - IF HIll signs, he'll start, if he doesn't then #1 soph. Jared Cornelius 6'1" 205 lbs. 4.45 will start.
TE - #84 jr. Hunter Henry 6'6" 260 lbs. 4.7
LT - #63 jr. Dan Skipper 6'10" 335 lbs.
LG - #73 sr. Sebastian Tretola 6'5" 340 lbs.
C - #65 sr. Mitch Smothers 6'4" 320 lbs.
RG - #55 jr. Denver Kirkland 6'5" 335 lbs.
RT - #60 rfr. Brian Wallace 6'6" 325 lbs.

Defense:
DE - #99 jr. Jeremiah Ledbetter 6'4" 280 lbs. 4.75
DT - #91 jr. Darius Philon 6'3" 285 lbs. 4.8
NG - #94 jr. Taiwan Johnson 6'3" 275 lbs. 4.75
DE - #48 jr. Deatrich Wise 6'5" 275 lbs. 4.6
SLB - #42 jr. Josh Williams 6'2" 240 lbs. 4.45
MLB - #51 jr. Brooks Ellis 6'2" 245 lbs. 4.5
WLB - #35 soph. Dwayne Eugene 6'1" 235 lbs. 4.5
CB - #15 soph. Henre' Tolliver 6'1" 190 lbs. 4.4
CB - #29 jr. Jared Collins 6'0" 185 lbs. 4.4
SS - #26 sr. Rohan Gaines 5'11" 200 lbs. 4.4
FS - #20 soph. De'Andre Coley 6'1" 210 lbs. 4.4

Measurables are my best guess as to where the players will develop to between now and Game 1 vs Utep. Philon and Taiwan both need to add good weight to continue to compete in the SEC for a full season, not to mention it will help them on the next level. I think Ledbetter is the real deal and will earn a starting job, although JaMichael Winston could easily win that spot. I chose Josh Williams over Ramsay, but it could be flip-flopped with Ramsay starting. Kirkland could move to RT, Wallace could be at RG, and Ragnow could earn the starting center job. Again, these are just my best guesses.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

redleg

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

hawg1221

I have a question.  A few people on here made it sound like Loewen was a pretty good DE.  Is this true?  I know he used to be TE.

Wildhog

Quote from: hawg1221 on January 08, 2015, 09:24:57 am
I have a question.  A few people on here made it sound like Loewen was a pretty good DE.  Is this true?  I know he used to be TE.

He got a TON of PT late in the year.  Was practically a starter.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: Wildhog on January 08, 2015, 09:25:46 am
He got a TON of PT late in the year.  Was practically a starter.
He played really well in the final 3-4 games.  Seemed to always be in the backfield disrupting things (if he could beat Philon, Flowers and Taiwan Johnson to the punch).  I remember constantly wondering who #89 was until I looked it up.  I do not think he will take part in Spring drills because of shoulder surgery but I expect him to play a lot next year.

PaintballHog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 06, 2015, 09:13:16 am
My OL would be

LT-Skipper, Wallace
LG-Tretola, Koehler
C-Smothers, Rogers
RG-Ragnow, Allen
RT-Kirkland, Wallace/Jackson

With how talented we've heard Wallace being from the coaches, I can't see him not starting.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: PaintballHog on January 08, 2015, 12:22:12 pm
With how talented we've heard Wallace being from the coaches, I can't see him not starting.

I can't remember (and I'm not going to go back and check, sorry) but someone mentioned that Wallace might place at G this season, to give him some game experience.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that.  Or we might see Skipper move back inside if Wallace is the stud you think he could be.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

tophawg19

by the end of the season i think he will be as good as flowers and that is saying something . he was quicker off the snap and almost as hard to block. he is going to be a great player along with some great ones around him. i think we are very solid on the d-line
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

bennyl08

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on January 05, 2015, 10:34:36 pm
I saw plenty of RJ Williams highlights this year. Pretty phenomenal. Really interested to see how the transition goes for him.

And...waaaaay too early? It's NEVER too early!

Italics in that post meant RS season next year. The question mark for Williams is doubt if we can afford to RS him. Outside of the obvious 2 starters, IMO he is the only other back that fits the mold of a feature back.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 08, 2015, 12:51:35 pm
Italics in that post meant RS season next year. The question mark for Williams is doubt if we can afford to RS him. Outside of the obvious 2 starters, IMO he is the only other back that fits the mold of a feature back.

This is based on all the times we've seen Juan Day run the ball??
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bennyl08

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on January 08, 2015, 12:56:55 pm
This is based on all the times we've seen Juan Day run the ball??

In HS, yes. Comparing RW3's HS tape to Day's, RW3 looks more like a feature back. Day's tape looks more like a more athletic version of Broderick Green. Somebody you definitely want on your team and can be a great asset, but not somebody you want carrying the ball 200+ times for you in a season.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 08, 2015, 01:28:00 pm
In HS, yes. Comparing RW3's HS tape to Day's, RW3 looks more like a feature back. Day's tape looks more like a more athletic version of Broderick Green. Somebody you definitely want on your team and can be a great asset, but not somebody you want carrying the ball 200+ times for you in a season.

Comparing HS highlight films is an iffy proposition at best.

For one thing, RW played in a league with limited talent, even if it was in the DFW area.  Juan Day played in the highest class in Arkansas.

Secondly, "a more athletic Broderick Green"? Sound like a feature back to me.

I'll say I don't know if Juan Day is going to be great or good or something else, but IMO it's a little absurd to judge such matters before he even gets on the field for his first carry as a CFB player.