Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who led the SEC in rushing last season?

Started by Hogwild, May 09, 2017, 10:55:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwild

I have seen that three different players have been touted as leading the SEC in rushing in 2016-

RWIII, Guice, and  Pettway. 
What is even crazier is that I've also read the Fitzgerald finished second in rushing?

Does anyone know the rushing title is officially credited?

QuoteWilliams, who led the SEC in rushing during the 2016 season, averaged 5.6 yards per carry and picked up 1,360 yards with 12 touchdowns just one year after missing the 2015 campaign due to a neck injury.

QuoteAll-America running back Derrius Guice, despite starting in just half of LSU's 12 games, still managed to lead the Southeastern Conference in rushing yards and all-purpose yards as the 2016 college football season came to a close last night.

QuoteAuburn led the SEC in rushing yards per game in 2016 behind the sensational Kamryn Pettway, who led the conference in rushing, with more than 100 yards in all but 2 games in which he took carries.

RazorPiggie

CPL HOG

End of regular season
1. Rawleigh Williams III, RB 1326   
2. Derrius Guice, RB   1249   
3. Nick Fitzgerald, QB   1243

After Bowl Games
Derrius Guice, RB   1387
Nick Fitzgerald, QB   1375
Rawleigh Williams III, RB   1360

IMABIELEMA

Different ways to determine who was the leading rusher. 

You have total yards,  yards per game,  yards per carry. 

RWIII led total yards for sure.  Guice is the best back returning with 7.96 yards per carry.  Most people who have Pettway on their list are going by yards per game since he was injured.  IMO guice is the best back in college next year. 

Hogwild

Quote from: IMABIELEMA on May 09, 2017, 11:31:53 am
Different ways to determine who was the leading rusher. 

You have total yards,  yards per game,  yards per carry. 

RWIII led total yards for sure.  Guice is the best back returning with 7.96 yards per carry.  Most people who have Pettway on their list are going by yards per game since he was injured.  IMO guice is the best back in college next year.

I was trying to figure out which way was they determined the official rushing leader, Guice for the entire season or RWIII for the regular season.  I kept searching a found "officially" it was neither one. 

QuoteDerrius Guice had more rushing yards than anyone else in the SEC, but he finished second to Auburn's Kamryn Pettway for the official 2016 rushing title.

The conference rushing title is determined by rushing yards per game. Guice had 1,387 in 12 games for 115.6 yards per game average. Pettway played in 10 games with 1,224 yards for a 122.4 yards per game average.

IMABIELEMA

Quote from: Hogwild on May 09, 2017, 11:50:40 am
I was trying to figure out which way was they determined the official rushing leader, Guice for the entire season or RWIII for the regular season.  I kept searching a found "officially" it was neither one.

My guess would be total season including bowls. 

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: CPL HOG on May 09, 2017, 11:09:23 am
End of regular season
1. Rawleigh Williams III, RB 1326   
2. Derrius Guice, RB   1249   
3. Nick Fitzgerald, QB   1243

After Bowl Games
Derrius Guice, RB   1387
Nick Fitzgerald, QB   1375
Rawleigh Williams III, RB   1360
Correct
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

EastexHawg

Bowl game stats have counted for quite a few years now, so whoever led after the bowls...Guice, apparently...was the leading rusher.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: EastexHawg on May 09, 2017, 12:10:03 pm
Bowl game stats have counted for quite a few years now, so whoever led after the bowls...Guice, apparently...was the leading rusher.
Which is why they call Rawleigh the regular season leading rusher, which he was
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

EastexHawg