Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt looking to steal Hunter Miller from Bobby Petrino.

Started by Dwight Pettifogger, January 07, 2008, 07:56:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight Pettifogger

We need to get his kid.  He is a sleeper I tell you.
what went wrong?

Pigdiana Jones

"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

The real Hogules

January 07, 2008, 09:11:23 pm #2 Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 09:13:01 pm by The real Hogules
A sleeper?

His bio reads more like Rip Van Winkle.

A 6'-0.5", 185lb one star QB that runs a 4.72 40 yard dash.

Oh well, here you go.............................

Schools of Interest:
School               Interest Level   Offer?   Attended Camp?   Visit Date   Signed LOI?
Arkansas              Med Interest     No                            02/02/2008   
Arkansas State      Med Interest    Yes                           01/18/2008   
Louisville               Med Interest     No                               None   
Mississippi             Med Interest    Yes                            01/13/2008   
Oklahoma State     Med Interest      No                                None   
Tulsa                   Med Interest      No                                None

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

userpick

Nutt can have him...seriously.  In fact I wish they'd get him.  It's one more scholarship they can't offer to any other of our recruits.

RaZoR LmO

on rivals they list him as an athlete i think. with a 4.57 forty. i think he played qb, wr, and saftey at sylvan hills.

Dwight Pettifogger

Quote from: RaZoR LmO on January 07, 2008, 09:23:48 pm
on rivals they list him as an athlete i think. with a 4.57 forty. i think he played qb, wr, and saftey at sylvan hills.
He is a borderline 3/4 star.
what went wrong?

Dances With Hogs

The real Hogules

Here's his Scout Bio.

Oh, and one more thing to consider is that if HDN is recruiting him and Otis Jerk has gotten wind of it, then that "might" explain why his 40 time and his star rating are both MUCH better on Rivals than they are on the Scout site.

I'm just sayin...............................

http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=8&c=1&nid=2547715

mtnmusic

I don't think a 6'0" 185 lb kid can play in the SEC. Not only that, the last thing we need right now is to offer more quarterbacks to either sit the bench or convert to wide receiver and at 4.7 speed I don't see that happening with this guy. Now, if he were a 6'4" 220 lb defensive back with 4.4 speed it might be a different thing. 

RaZoR LmO

Quote from: mtnmusic on January 07, 2008, 09:39:32 pm
I don't think a 6'0" 185 lb kid can play in the SEC. Not only that, the last thing we need right now is to offer more quarterbacks to either sit the bench or convert to wide receiver and at 4.7 speed I don't see that happening with this guy. Now, if he were a 6'4" 220 lb defensive back with 4.4 speed it might be a different thing. 

First of all, the kids has 4.5 speed. Second of all anyone who is 6'4" 220 and has 4.4 speed is a freak who needs to be a hybrid saftey/lb.

UAMS_Hog_Fan

Nutt can have him.  Just because he is from Arkansas doesn't mean we have to offer him.  I'm sure he is a good player, but he doesn't have the physical gifts to be good in the SEC.

PetinoHog

le Nutt is trying to do less with less now.  Surely we didn't offer this kid?

Razorbackmedic

granitehog

I'm not sure if he's a sure thing,but I know he's no 4.75.He's 4.5 legit and should redshirt,get up to 200-210,get coached up(finally a possibility)and be a solid safety.Played QB at SH but was a difference maker on D when he was needed.Plays the ball well and LOVED to knock heads.

Kevin Bacon

I say let him go.  But I would hate for him to turn out to be a Jason Flanagin!  We all can remember the pain in the side he was for NR and all of the rest of us.

shshark00

He'll be a safety in college. He had 2 picks this year, both returned for TDs, had punt return duties, was the punter and averaged over 40 yards per kick, and was a dual threat at QB. He runs like Matt Jones, looks slow but takes long strides and causes DBs to take poor angles and then blows past them. He has the raw talent to play in the SEC, he just needs good coaching (which we have now). As far as tackling, I don't know for sure how many he had, but he loves contact and has no problem sticking his head in there.

havok

If Coach Petrino likes what he sees, then I will trust in his judgement. I notice The Dork didn't have much interest UNTIL an article was published saying Coach Petrino was showing interest in visiting.

Kinda like last year when uber dork didn't give a rat's ass about Clay and Whitmore, until Coach Malzahn was visiting...by then it was too late.  Seems like the recruiting style of the dork....poor evaluation, and a day late to the dance.  Ask Broddrick Green...

WholeHogSmoker

I saw the kid play.  He was good, but didn't stand out.  Sylvan Hills struggled.  He might bulk up & make a great LB

VoR

Quote from: Dwight Pettifogger on January 07, 2008, 07:56:35 pm
We need to get his kid.  He is a sleeper I tell you.

I thought 1 of the main reasons HDN got railroaded out of town was because that was all he knew how to recruit, and now all of a sudden we HAVE to recruit a sleeper. Excuse me while I :puke:
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

Hog5150

Quote from: Dwight Pettifogger on January 07, 2008, 07:56:35 pm
We need to get this kid.  He is a sleeper I tell you.

If Nutt wants him, then we DON'T want him! Enough said.

SquidBilly

At this point we don't need any projects.  He may be a good kid and may develop into a good college player but with the remaining scholarships we have we need to get great HS players who have the chance to come in and at least play some in our need spots of CB and DT.

JIHawg

Let Nutt have him.  He'll never make it as a safety in the SEC, and he'll take up a scholarship for four years at OM.

WholeHogSmoker

i actually think he could make a great LB.  Not sure he has enough wood to play safety

Hog_of_the_HILL

In case you haven't thought it through yet, BP is coming in with a short time to recruit and we can't just get anybody we want YET and we need some secondary guys bad rite now we can all agree on that. This kid will play in the secondary in college and if BP sees something in him then I trust him.
It was worth the wait

SquidBilly

Quote from: Hog_of_the_HILL on January 07, 2008, 11:09:33 pm
In case you haven't thought it through yet, BP is coming in with a short time to recruit and we can't just get anybody we want YET and we need some secondary guys bad rite now we can all agree on that. This kid will play in the secondary in college and if BP sees something in him then I trust him.

I'd trust him too if he decides to go that way but if we recruit a guy who won't be ready for 2 or 3 years to play safety for us are we any better off than if we just used that scholarship on another position and went after some big time safeties next year?  We need pieces that can contribute ASAP and I just don't see it with this kid.

3kgthog

Usually you want to pass if it's a QB that Nutt and his staff are recruiting.

The real Hogules

The more things change the more they stay the same.

HDN slugging it out with ASU-J for a recruit, you gotta love it. LOL  ;)

maumellebyrd

HOGPICKER

If BP offers him and he decides to go to Ole Miss, he's not smart enough to play safety.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  Joe Theismann

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: The real Hogules on January 07, 2008, 09:11:23 pm
A sleeper?

His bio reads more like Rip Van Winkle.

A 6'-0.5", 185lb one star QB that runs a 4.72 40 yard dash.

Oh well, here you go.............................

Schools of Interest:
School               Interest Level   Offer?   Attended Camp?   Visit Date   Signed LOI?
Arkansas              Med Interest     No                            02/02/2008   
Arkansas State      Med Interest    Yes                           01/18/2008   
Louisville               Med Interest     No                               None   
Mississippi             Med Interest    Yes                            01/13/2008   
Oklahoma State     Med Interest      No                                None   
Tulsa                   Med Interest      No                                None

That 40 time is over a year old and ran on a notoriously slow surface.  No one ran well except DeAnthony Curtis on that day.  DeAnthony Curtis ran the fastest time in the country that day and it was close to a 4.5 with the best juniors in the country at the ArmyAll American combine.  I have seen him play and he continually got by defenders and is  a tough runner.  He has good size and he quite simply is a football player. 

VenturaHog

Guys get used to this fact: we are going to have to look for projects in the remaining months of recruiting. There have been more early commits this year than ever before and the list of 4 star talent left that are actually interested in us is next to none. That is the fault of the previous regime and not Petrino's, he is so behind the 8 ball it isn't funny. We are going to have to redshirt some diamonds in the rough and hope for the best with most of our remaining picks.

Wildhog

I'm sorry...I'm just not excited about a no star project.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Razorvet

Well its really about building relationships with high school coaches in this state. It was never a priority before but now that he dedicated the remainder of his carreer to screwing Arkansas he will offer everyone on the natural 21 as long as he lives. But he couldnt keep them here so Im not concerned about him getting them to Ole Miss. It would be a good move to get any instate guys we can if they want to come to Arkansas and be role players. That is if we are sitting on some scholarships. But we need to keep a few handy for transfers and Jucos and other odds and ends.

VenturaHog

Quote from: Wildhog05 on January 08, 2008, 01:43:17 am
I'm sorry...I'm just not excited about a no star project.

We're all gonna have to deal with the fact that this isn't gonna be a top 25 class, nothing can change that now IMO. That being the case, we have to gamble and hope we get a Chris Houston, Felix Jones, Jamaal Anderson, Brandon Burlesworth, etc...

Next year I think we will definitely crack the top 25 in recruiting, this staff is LEGIT.

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

opineonswine

But who will develop him at Ole Miss now that the QB maker, Lee has shunned Dale for the bright lights?

dougieritch

I say if we have an extra scholarship fine, but let Petrino get who he wants first.

DeltaBoy

I say good luck to the young man. I hope he can be a HOG.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

papasmurf1515

we don't need another quarterback. Nutt take him, he is all yours

Tomhog™

We have enough QB's.  Though I'd take Mallett in an instant if he is available.  Unless the recruit listed as an ATH is a beast, I wouldn't take a chance on him.  But that's just me.  I bet he'd do well at ASU or the like (Ole Miss).

jgphillips3

We would never take him as a QB.  His potential is to be a solid secondary player ala Beasley from a few years ago.  He is not going to blow anybody away, but he is a good solid football player.  If we are hurting on secondary recruits, we could do a lot worse.

shshark00

He will not be recruited to play QB....period. No coach in their right mind puts their starting QB on the field on special teams or defense. But the Sylvan Hills coach did this because he knew, as well as Miller, that in order for him to play in college he would have to make a position change. He's fast enough, has the needed football smarts, and can bring the wood. I truly believe he can be an impact safety for whatever team he lands on.

tbhogfan

I've seen Hunter play several times.  He's a smart, competitive young man who will make someone a very good player, most likely at safety.  I think that it is a bit odd that Houston did not offer Hunter at Arkansas, but now he is trying to steal him. 

Go Hogs!

Beaverfever

Quote from: Kevin Bacon on January 07, 2008, 10:09:45 pm
I say let him go.  But I would hate for him to turn out to be a Jason Flanagin!  We all can remember the pain in the side he was for NR and all of the rest of us.
urrrrgggghhhh....Jason fn flannigan.  Bad memories.

NostraHogmus

Quote from: tbhogfan on January 08, 2008, 08:24:26 pm
I've seen Hunter play several times.  He's a smart, competitive young man who will make someone a very good player, most likely at safety.  I think that it is a bit odd that Houston did not offer Hunter at Arkansas, but now he is trying to steal him. 

Interesting posts... he is infinitely faster then some of the posts I've seen and will be a D Back or WR in college (UA was not and is not recruiting him as a QB)... not sure he can bulk up enough to be an LB and he is only 6' 4" when his hair is grown out...  he is going to visit Ole Miss this weekend... not sure he would ever see much PT at the UA but he is a good kid and can hit... it wil be fun to see what type of spin TCTWF will put on it if he signs with Ole Miss.. told someone close to him to tell him he will see the field more in Oxford then Fayetteville.. will keep everyone posted...

NostraHogmus

Sorry ---

Interesting posts... he is infinitely faster then some of the posts I've seen and will be a D Back or WR in college (UA was not and is not recruiting him as a QB)... not sure he can bulk up enough to be an LB and he is only 6' 4" when his hair is grown out...  he is going to visit Ole Miss this weekend... not sure he would ever see much PT at the UA but he is a good kid and can hit... it wil be fun to see what type of spin TCTWF will put on it if he signs with Ole Miss.. told someone close to him to tell him he will see the field more in Oxford then Fayetteville.. will keep everyone posted...