Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 01, 2024, 04:24:24 pm

MPJ

Started by mizzouman, March 07, 2018, 02:12:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

micali

You would think the Prodigal son has returned the way the announcers are going on.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: micali on March 08, 2018, 03:12:16 pm
You would think the Prodigal son has returned the way the announcers are going on.

It's almost comical, at this point.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Dr. Starcs

Cmon guys. He did score 24 in the first half.

Oh wait, that was their team total.

The real Hogules

To describe MPJr. as "rusty" would be putting it nicely. There's no denying the talent, though.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on March 08, 2018, 03:23:27 pm
Cmon guys. He did score 24 in the first half.

Oh wait, that was their team total.

Ha! If only Missouri got a point for every time the announcers said "Michael"...

99toLife

Quote from: The real Hogules on March 08, 2018, 03:24:58 pm
To describe MPJr. as "rusty" would be putting it nicely. There's no denying the talent, though.
So far he seems a distraction. Rusty oh yeah.  but that said he has stupid high level talent.

(notOM)Rebel123

No doubt the kid has a tremendous amount of talent. But until he actually does something, he 's "all hat & no cattle."

99toLife

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 08, 2018, 03:32:45 pm
No doubt the kid has a tremendous amount of talent. But until he actually does something, he ‘s “all hat & no cattle.”

Sorry but he is the real deal. his actual first game he may not have the stats after everyone on the floor he faces has played 30 games. 

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: 99toLife on March 08, 2018, 03:37:00 pm
Sorry but he is the real deal. his actual first game he may not have the stats after everyone on the floor he faces has played 30 games. 

He may very well be The Real Deal. I have no doubt the kid will be a fantastic player. But until he does it....it's all hype.

geauxhawgs

Quote from: mizzouman on March 07, 2018, 02:12:11 pm
Looks like he will play tomorrow in some capacity.

Why does this matter and why is it on Hogville??

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: geauxhawgs on March 08, 2018, 03:53:38 pm
Why does this matter and why is it on Hogville??

Especially in Jumpball. I guess the SEC sports forum was full.

King Kong

MPJ showing why he shouldn't have returned

navyhog24

JoeyJackMcKaskell

Funny how Tillman isn't allowed to bang his shoulder today. People wonder why there is so much flopping.

PonderinHog

And another one down to the wire...

Breems

UGA may have taken care of the home team already.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

PonderinHog

If they'd hit their free throws...

Breems

They should set the broadcast to a GoPro on MPJ and his mom and save the camera crew some work.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

upperdeck_hawg

I get he's not 100% but he looks slow. Hes got good handles and a nice shot but he aint close to the next Kevin Durant. I'll take Gafford all day everyday.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

revolution

So glad Mizzou and MPJ are gone!  Go Hogs!

The_Iceman

They win if they leave Michael Porter Jr. at home.

MPJ's stock is also falling due to that performance. Dumb move by him to play.

The_Iceman

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on March 08, 2018, 04:38:38 pm
I get he's not 100% but he looks slow. Hes got good handles and a nice shot but he aint close to the next Kevin Durant. I'll take Gafford all day everyday.

Incredibly slow. I was shocked.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 08, 2018, 04:48:28 pm

12 points 8 boards in 23 minutes

Atlhogfan1

Over evaluating one game just like the handwringing over all these other games.  Decisions aren't being made on such limited samples.   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 08, 2018, 04:56:38 pm
Over evaluating one game just like the handwringing over all these other games.  Decisions aren't being made on such limited samples.   

Exactly.

greasy_corner

micali

I know he hasn't played in over 120 weeks and man did it show. Just not sure how much he will help MU. With that said blah blah blah

k.c.hawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 08, 2018, 04:48:28 pm

Quit being ridiculous. That would have essentially left them with a 6 man rotation and they were in foul trouble most of the game. The coach knows his big has fouled out 9 times and finished 9 other games with 4 fouls. Puryear has a propensity for foul trouble as well. They lost that game because Barnett who goes for 14 and 6 had 3 and 4 and Robertson who is 16.5 had 7. If Tilmon had stayed out of foul trouble MPJ would have played 6th man minutes. Tilmon fouled out in 17 minutes, Puryear fouled out in 10 minutes, and little Porter was limited in minutes by fouls. Who the hell would have played if he had been left at home.

They played a guy 9 minutes that had played 28 minutes all year and you say the coach lost the game by playing MPJ??
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: greasy_corner on March 08, 2018, 05:12:11 pm
5/17 and 2/6. 

But I'm sure Mizzou appreciated his 12 points.
I too am tired of all the hype surrounding MPJ. But he did contribute today. Heck the kid hasn't played in nearly 4 months. Glad Mizzou lost but I'm not going to crow about it.