Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watch: Chad Morris Recaps Day 1 of Spring Practice

Started by Jason Carroll, March 01, 2018, 08:03:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Carroll

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

MuskogeeHogFan

This is going to be a positive change for this team. Glad to see them welcoming HS coaching staffs and giving them pretty free and open access. I'll say one thing for Morris, as in any form of sales (and don't think for a moment that he isn't in sales), he understands the value of developed relationships and the benefits that can pay down the road.

I'm also pretty fond of his use of the term, "loaf", with regard to finishing. In my time it was referred to as "dogging it", but it carries the same meaning. You hear "finish" used many times by many HC's as one of their key philosophies. Few seem to really push and press it and punish when it isn't followed. On the occasions when I have seen coaching staffs really enforce it, it has paid greater dividends down the road. It should become a team value, not just a buzz word. I hope that is the case here.
Go Hogs Go!

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hawgey-Davidson

Nice to be able to hear the questions asked for a change.

oldfart

jgphillips3

You play like you practice.  I can't wait to see this product on the field.

go hogues

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 01, 2018, 08:34:38 pm
Glad to see them welcoming HS coaching staffs and giving them pretty free and open access.
That section of the presser was very impressive.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

hawgon

WBOBO

Interesting on the QB assessment about getting hit.  Sometimes you feel
like a thud, sometimes ya don't.  Sounds like a few D guys are going to play
the I didn't hear that on the no thud period.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

SooieGeneris

I like the emphasis on "finishing." That is the #1 thing this team has lacked in recent years. Yes, I know more speed and less weight is important too, but we have been recruiting players with speed and slowing them down with too much emphasis on bulk and strength, and way too little emphasis on cardio and conditioning.

Vince Lombardi said "fatigue makes cowards of us all" and this team's lack of conditioning has shown up time and time again the last 5-6 years, IMO.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!