Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Former Razorback takes over as Head Coach at McKinney Texas

Started by WizardofhOgZ, February 27, 2018, 05:23:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

This video is a little old - was made right after Morris to Arkansas was announced (which accounts for some of the B. Venables talk near the end of it). But this former-Hog is bullish on CCM and McKinney is a great place to have a connection (Marcus was still HC at 4A Lubbock Estacado when the video was made; he just accepted the position at McKinney, which is 6A - see story using link below).

http://www.kcbd.com/story/37595444/estacados-marcus-shavers-leaving-for-mckinney

jgphillips3

The Kig

This could be good for Arkansas recruiting.  I lived North of Dallas 20 years ago when McKinney was a small town.  Now it is hard to distinguish all the towns that have been gobbled up in the Metroplex.  That area has benefited from massive population growth and likely produces several D-1 athletes each year. 
Poker Porker

hawg1221

Quote from: The Kig on February 27, 2018, 08:57:35 pm
This could be good for Arkansas recruiting.  I lived North of Dallas 20 years ago when McKinney was a small town.  Now it is hard to distinguish all the towns that have been gobbled up in the Metroplex.  That area has benefited from massive population growth and likely produces several D-1 athletes each year.

You're absolutely right. I used to spend summers literally in between Allen and Mckinney. It was pasture land. I don't recognize any of it anymore.

hogsmash12

CCM needs to see this video and get the pipeline open with Marcus!

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

oldfart

sort of a statement about texas high school footbal....a 70 million dollar stadium for a high school

liljo

Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: oldfart on February 27, 2018, 09:20:58 pm
sort of a statement about texas high school footbal....a 70 million dollar stadium for a high school
I live maybe 1 1/2 from the new stadium and more than a few other razorback fans. Should be finished and up and going this fall.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Soooie21

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: hawg1221 on February 27, 2018, 09:08:21 pm
You're absolutely right. I used to spend summers literally in between Allen and Mckinney. It was pasture land. I don't recognize any of it anymore.

You can still see a little pasture land and a few longhorns over around Main Street (Frisco)  and Preston Rd
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Soooie21 on February 28, 2018, 07:37:43 am
I live in Mckinney, so welcome..

Me, too.  I just might have to check out that new stadium.....

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The NewEra

Wizard, thanks for sharing the video.  That video say's so many positive things for the Razorbacks on so many levels.

I'm still waiting for the first guy who really knows him to come forward and say he doesn't like Morris.  I hope I'm still waiting 20 years from now.

Tusks

If the hogs could nudge its way into taking 3-4 Texas recruits away from OU then things are going to get good.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

DeltaBoy

Quote from: tusked on February 28, 2018, 10:56:12 am
If the hogs could nudge its way into taking 3-4 Texas recruits away from OU then things are going to get good.

That was what I was thinking.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hobhog

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on February 28, 2018, 07:41:03 am
Me, too.  I just might have to check out that new stadium.....

Go to the games in hog gear. That would help.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: hobhog on February 28, 2018, 12:58:18 pm
Go to the games in hog gear. That would help.
I see more hog gear in McKinney then I do some cities in Arkansas.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

007 License To Squeal

Flrazrback

DLUXHOG

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on February 28, 2018, 04:43:02 pm
I see more hog gear in McKinney then I do some cities in Arkansas.

I see more Hog gear in north Texas than I do in Missouri or Oklahoma....   fact!

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on February 28, 2018, 07:40:26 am
You can still see a little pasture land and a few longhorns over around Main Street (Frisco)  and Preston Rd

I lived in Frisco for a couple years and I would say it won't be too long until that old ranch area is a new high school. I guess the original owner was pretty bullish about selling the land but I think he's passed away, now.

Crazy how fast those areas have grown. It all truly runs into Dallas.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on March 01, 2018, 08:33:12 am
I lived in Frisco for a couple years and I would say it won't be too long until that old ranch area is a new high school. I guess the original owner was pretty bullish about selling the land but I think he's passed away, now.

Crazy how fast those areas have grown. It all truly runs into Dallas.

I've lived here in McKinney for about 18 months, and I am extremely amazed at the amount of commercial and residential construction taking place.  It's going on everywhere!!........and I am very pleased at the number of improvements to existing streets taking place along with this expansion.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on February 28, 2018, 07:40:26 am

I remember, and it hasn't been that long ago, when Frisco was only a post office and grain silo/farm & feed store town of maybe 3,400 people.   It has grown from that size in 1980 to a large metropolitan city of DFW with a population of over 165,000 I believe....