Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MuskogeeHogFan, shout-out about Jimbo

Started by Con el Cerdos, February 27, 2018, 10:02:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Con el Cerdos

Man, it looks like some of his players agree with you.  After thinking, could be a little sour grapes, also.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/02/27/jalen-ramsey-texas-a-and-m-jimbo-fisher/

BearsBisonsBoars

Texags in full spin mode in their thread on this topic. Some of their apologetics makes sense (rare for Aggies),  but this still ain't a good look for their expensive new coach IMO.

I've said it from the beginning that Jimbo doesn't have the chops for the SEC. But as more and more drama that comes out about his time at FSU,  I think TAMU may be popcorn worthy sooner than anticipated.

Vantage 8 dude

Rudy Baylor

Ramsey is spot on - I think any of us in the same position would agree with what he's saying

Dark Helmet Hog

I'd be ticked too if a school I didn't play for was using my image to promote themselves. I wonder if he'll get his attorney into the mix.

Oklahawg

Y'all ready for the Deshaun Watson mentions to cease around here?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Atlhogfan1

Dumb.  We'll use Courtland Sutton going in the first round. 

The one difference I see here is it is a defensive player.  Jimbo had nothing to do with Ramsey developing as a DB.  It's a reach to use his likeness at A&M to recruit DBs to Jimbo.  But I hope Chavis is using those LSU DBs he coached to recruit to Arkansas.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Dark Helmet Hog

February 27, 2018, 11:58:40 am #7 Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 12:21:40 pm by Dark Helmet Hog
Quote from: Oklahawg on February 27, 2018, 11:53:30 am

Good point but as far as I know we haven't used his name or likeness in any official promos either. I can see where being a player from another school it may not be too appreciated by that player.

Vantage 8 dude

Well when the potential issues equate to one another then I think we can legitimately talk/discuss. IF, and when, CMM uses Watson or anyone else on Clemson's roster in conjunction with posters and other advertisements or other potential recruiting tools and does so WITHOUT their prior permission then yes, the issues are very similar. Otherwise, not so much.  ::)

LRhawg926

Part of Ramsey's problem is Fisher was a head coach. Fisher did not develop Ramsey into the DB he is. Pruitt did. I bet Ramsey would not have a problem with Pruitt using him to promote Tennessee.

PorkRinds

Watson and Morris are extremely close. I would think Morris would ask him if he could before he ever did use his picture or whatever, but the situations aren't at all similar.

NoogaHog

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Watson has already publicly endorsed Morris to Arkansas people. Completely different situation.

Seems crazy that aTm didn't get their permission to use their likenesses. That seems elementary and just a common courtesy.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

DuckTalesLOL

Completely different scenario with Watson/Sutton. Both players have publicly praised their coaches and endorsed them.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on February 27, 2018, 12:50:24 pm
Completely different scenario with Watson/Sutton. Both players have publicly praised their coaches and endorsed them.

This is it exactly!! 👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻

wildturkey8

February 27, 2018, 01:13:06 pm #14 Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 01:47:38 pm by wildturkey8
You really don't seem to care for the new regime. I think you've been burned so many times after getting hopes up, you are taking a wait and see approach.  Probably wise.

Show respect and get permission and don't lie in the ad about your contribution.  The HC might be more able to profess that while he was the HC at X school, they produced blah,blah numbers of NFL quality QBs or Safties or whatever and that might be true.  Stick with the truth.

I hope I am wrong about Fisher but I worry that he is a good HC.  I hope he is just good enough for them to not fire him but not good enough to beat us.  I feel that A&M is the very first team above us that we must put behind us.  That is step one.

hawganatic

Quote from: 12247 on February 27, 2018, 02:27:45 pm
I hope I am wrong about Fisher but I worry that he is a good HC.  I hope he is just good enough for them to not fire him but not good enough to beat us.  I feel that A&M is the very first team above us that we must put behind us.  That is step one.

He's guaranteed 75 mil.  Even if he's not "just good enough for them to not fire him," they aren't going to fire him...

hoghearted

Quote from: wildturkey8 on February 27, 2018, 01:13:06 pm
You really don't seem to care for the new regime. I think you've been burned so many times after getting hopes up, you are taking a wait and see approach.  Probably wise.

I could be wrong, but seems to me he was heavily invested in BB and company. He hasn't fully made the transition to the new staff, but he will. He is first and foremost, a Hog fan.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Dwight_K_Shrute

I think it's fine for a coach to list players they have sent to the NFL.  They all do it.  But using the players likeness in a recruiting poster and you aren't even at said school is just wrong and tacky.  People were giving Tim Brewster stuff about it on Twitter.  Funniest part was when I went to read Tim Brewster's tweets I found "You have been blocked"  I'm like WTH would Tim Brewster block me.  I don't think I've ever at'ed him.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 27, 2018, 03:11:29 pm
I think it's fine for a coach to list players they have sent to the NFL.  They all do it.  But using the players likeness in a recruiting poster and you aren't even at said school is just wrong and tacky. 

If A&M didn't get permission to use names and likenesses someone is incredibly stupid. All states protect the right of publicity. Ramsey may not assert a claim, but he has one if he didn't grant permission for that use. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

bphi11ips

Quote from: LRhawg926 on February 27, 2018, 12:26:53 pm
Part of Ramsey's problem is Fisher was a head coach. Fisher did not develop Ramsey into the DB he is. Pruitt did. I bet Ramsey would not have a problem with Pruitt using him to promote Tennessee.

Ramsey is from Nashville.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

LZH

I've said for years that A&M was literally a sleeping giant, and almost everyone of you said "Aggies gonna Aggie." I thought that was ridiculous.

Guess what? Looks like you were all right.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on February 27, 2018, 11:49:36 am
I'd be ticked too if a school I didn't play for was using my image to promote themselves. I wonder if he'll get his attorney into the mix.

It should be against NCAA rules  if not illegal.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Just a little late. Already covered in a thread that was started this morning.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hoggish1

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on February 27, 2018, 10:02:50 am
Man, it looks like some of his players agree with you.  After thinking, could be a little sour grapes, also.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/02/27/jalen-ramsey-texas-a-and-m-jimbo-fisher/

Fisher wears thin quickly on his teams' fans and his players.  FSU is absolutely overjoyed to have gotten that bum out of their program.

Hoggish1

No.

I can't imagine a player liking a former coach to use them to recruit for different team that they attended and played for, even one in another conference.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: LZH on February 27, 2018, 05:10:44 pm
I've said for years that A&M was literally a sleeping giant, and almost everyone of you said "Aggies gonna Aggie." I thought that was ridiculous.

Guess what? Looks like you were all right.

There are certain teams that have a lot of inherent advantages that other teams around the country don't have but still seem to have a hard time making as much of the opportunity as they should. Florida State is one of those, A&M is certainly another, as is UCLA. Texas of late, could be included in that crew also.

If Texas A&M hired a Bobby Petrino or even a Chad Morris that would be a step in a positive direction and I would be concerned, especially if they added a pretty good DC to their staff. Would A&M look different with a Petrino/Chavis or Morris/Chavis match-up at A&M? Maybe they would, maybe not. Though we haven't beaten A&M with Sumlin at the helm, we have been close and probably should have at least 3 times. Would a Petrino or Morris offensive intervention have made those win margins wider for A&M? Perhaps, maybe even probably.

That said I wait to see what a Morris/Chavis connection at Arkansas (with lesser talent overall, at least for the time being) is going to produce.

I know this. The big dogs at A&M probably expect Jimbo Fisher to produce a more significant ROI at A&M than Sumlin did and I think they are going to be disappointed.
Go Hogs Go!

LZH

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 27, 2018, 05:48:26 pm
There are certain teams that have a lot of inherent advantages that other teams around the country don't have but still seem to have a hard time making as much of the opportunity as they should. Florida State is one of those, A&M is certainly another, as is UCLA. Texas of late, could be included in that crew also.

If Texas A&M hired a Bobby Petrino or even a Chad Morris that would be a step in a positive direction and I would be concerned, especially if they added a pretty good DC to their staff. Would A&M look different with a Petrino/Chavis or Morris/Chavis match-up at A&M? Maybe they would, maybe not. Though we haven't beaten A&M with Sumlin at the helm, we have been close and probably should have at least 3 times. Would a Petrino or Morris offensive intervention have made those win margins wider for A&M? Perhaps, maybe even probably.

That said I wait to see what a Morris/Chavis connection at Arkansas (with lesser talent overall, at least for the time being) is going to produce.

I know this. The big dogs at A&M probably expect Jimbo Fisher to produce a more significant ROI at A&M than Sumlin did and I think they are going to be disappointed.

I just couldn't believe they threw that kind of money at Jimbo, knowing he was looking for an early exit at FSU.

HogBreath

Quote from: LZH on February 27, 2018, 05:59:33 pm
I just couldn't believe they threw that kind of money at Jimbo, knowing he was looking for an early exit at FSU.
Aggie gonna aggie.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

LZH

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: LZH on February 27, 2018, 05:59:33 pm

I'm not sure why they thought that he was the best fit at A&M? Maybe he proves me wrong and does well, but if he does it may only be for the first half of his tenure at A&M (if then) and then I think he underachieves just as he did at FSU.
Go Hogs Go!

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 27, 2018, 05:25:34 pm
Fisher wears thin quickly on his teams' fans and his players.  FSU is absolutely overjoyed to have gotten that bum out of their program.
Fisher will be exposed! Count on it.

247Hog

That and Jimbo is one major [CENSORED]. I'm sure players respected Pruitt x 100 more than Fisher.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Different... Deshaun actually has a relationship with Chad Morris, interviewed with Arkansas media about his relationship and allows media to contact him about his relationship with Morris.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

presidenthog

A&M got jimbo to rustle LSU. They are lsusessed. They can't beat them so they stole chavis, then lsu failed at getting jimbo, so aggy flexed their money muscles and got jimbo to get at lsu. It is stupid AF

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: presidenthog on February 28, 2018, 12:56:25 am
A&M got jimbo to rustle LSU. They are lsusessed. They can't beat them so they stole chavis, then lsu failed at getting jimbo, so aggy flexed their money muscles and got jimbo to get at lsu. It is stupid AF

It works out well for us though. Aggies won't reach their potential under Jimbo, Eaux is Eaux. Ole Miss is in tatters, and State has turned back into a pumpkin.

We haven't been in a better position to make noise since before Saban's Bama. (Position, not result. I know CBP did quite well. But the West is actually weaker now than it was then IMO)

ChicoHog

To me the worst part of that whole poster is promoting their annual salary in huge numbers. Just shows the recruits it's about the money and not the college experience.  Sad state of society.