Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AU Game Day Predictions

Started by Razorod, February 27, 2018, 09:04:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

Big night and a chance to move up the seed lines:

Hogs 85
AU    75
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

raz1965

Atlhogfan1

Vegas has it around 81-79 Hogs.  I'm going to add some for senior night and expecting Barford and Macon to have big games, home court, AU's depth issue, no inside defensive presence and Brown not being 100%.  I think Pearl may try and slow it with some zone and ugly it up by getting to the line in order to mitigate the depth disadvantage.  Hogs shoot with confidence at home.

91-77 Hogs

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

GoHogzzGo

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Hawg Red

Gonna call those Hogs. 90-80 Arkansas.

riccoar

I think Hogs put in a rout of more than 15 points.  Seniors should put on a show.

Bacon_Bitz

Hogs 104
Auburn 88

Pat Bradley hits 5 threes

BDSCT51

On board with the Hogs moving up the tourney seed line tonight.

Hogs 94   cheatburn 81
Bleeding Razorback Red

HognotinMemphis

Who the frick knows with this average jekyl and hyde team.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

TuCanSam

"SMILE!!!!"
-John L. SMith

AHiD

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 27, 2018, 10:28:39 am
Who the frick knows with this average jekyl and hyde team.

Define average please
My name...is Jerruh

Mr. Porkleone

Lud42

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.--H.L. Mencken

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on February 27, 2018, 10:38:32 am
Define average please
making NCAAT 2 out of 4 years and never winning more than 1 game in NCAAT when you do make it. Finishing in middle of the pack in SEC.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

AHiD

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 27, 2018, 10:59:56 am
making NCAAT 2 out of 4 years and never winning more than 1 game in NCAAT when you do make it. Finishing in middle of the pack in SEC.

Making it to the tournament by an at-large bid  means you're above average.
My name...is Jerruh

TM Hog

I'm thinking something like 92-67 Hogs.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

fishes2000

Is Pat Adams calling the game? Is so Hogs squeak by because of Macon and Barford. He will call two quick fouls on Gafford in first five minutes causing Anderson to come out of his coat but not going so far as to get a technical. Adams will do everything he can to protect auburn and their first place seeding. The six seniors will make it impossible to do so and Hogs win in a close one. Now if Adams isn't calling game Hogs win not easily but still win by a bigger margin.

razorpimp

This game will be a slug fest, very ugly game.  I think Gafford takes over

Hogs 76 - Tigers 72

We hold on at the end

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: razorpimp on February 27, 2018, 11:49:38 am
This game will be a slug fest, very ugly game.  I think Gafford takes over

Hogs 76 - Tigers 72

We hold on at the end

I see it this way too. Good call!

HeyHogs

HogFansReunited

I have a good feeling about this one.
Hogs 97
Tigers 81
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

LRhawg926

elksnort

If enough of our 3 fall and we don't allow too many wide open 3s then we will win.

I hope.

Uncle SI

First time, long time, great topic, love the show.

revolution

Apprehensive because of falling short in similar "big" games this season - NC, TAM, MSU,  KY.  But then we've won some, too - OK, TENN, TAM, ALA.

I think our senior guards may be too hyped and take turns playing hero ball.

AU   82
ARK 78

I hope I'm wrong, and I will celebrate if I am.

jabber71

81 us 74 them, the refs keep it close!

1/2 of Hogville are cheering the other half tearing ;D
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

hogfan870

What does the team from 4 years ago have to do with this team? 

The_Iceman

I have been wrong on just about all of my predictions lately. In hoping that trend continues, I'm going with:

Auburn 91
Arkansas 85

Busta_Nutt

phadedhawg

I would love to send the seniors out with a victory.  Since I'm very superstitious I'm required to pick Auburn. 

Good guys 75
Bad Guys 87

liljo

I predict that if the Hogs win, every positive thread will quickly be filled with Negative Nancys and Bi#ching' Betty's--Fed Up Fred's and Whining Wendells.

If the Hogs lose, those same people will show up in multiple threads telling the world how they could have played, schemed, or coached better, and how this player screwed up, and that player was stupid, and Mike should be fired.

That's what I predict will happen.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: liljo on February 27, 2018, 02:54:20 pm
I predict that if the Hogs win, every positive thread will quickly be filled with Negative Nancys and Bi#ching' Betty's--Fed Up Fred's and Whining Wendells.

If the Hogs lose, those same people will show up in multiple threads telling the world how they could have played, schemed, or coached better, and how this player screwed up, and that player was stupid, and Mike should be fired.

You have a better chance of being right than anyone picking an actual score.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

King Kong

We 2/3 years with have finished 2nd and 3rd in the SEC. This year currently tied for 3rd (6th after Tie breakers)

We don't even meet your standard of mediocre

Knot2brite

Arkansas win...I don't know by how much or a score but usually if we get drilled at someone else's house we win at home. Seen it for years
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Randohoggie

Auburn isn't the same team they were earlier in the season and they were missing their best player and they didn't have as much to play for and if it hadn't been senior night and if this game was on a neutral court and if making the NCAA 3 out of 7 years is good enough for you and this conference is just average this year anyway and Chuck called us terrorists and what does it matter, we'll just lose in the second round and get back with me when we actually win something and glad you're happy with third place, just wait until the SEC flops in the NCAAT.

Atlhogfan1

nevermind - won't derail rod's thread
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Randohoggie on February 27, 2018, 03:23:39 pm
Auburn isn't the same team they were earlier in the season and they were missing their best player and they didn't have as much to play for and if it hadn't been senior night and if this game was on a neutral court and if making the NCAA 3 out of 7 years is good enough for you and this conference is just average this year anyway and Chuck called us terrorists and what does it matter, we'll just lose in the second round and get back with me when we actually win something and glad you're happy with third place, just wait until the SEC flops in the NCAAT.

Just as bad as the dipshits on the other side. 

Randohoggie

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 27, 2018, 03:28:19 pm
Just as bad as the dipshits on the other side.

Shocked that you took offense.  Shocked.

liljo

Quote from: Randohoggie on February 27, 2018, 03:29:20 pm
Shocked that you took offense.  Shocked.

I didn't. I thought it was pretty funny, actually.  :D
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

jkstock04

Excellent sentence structure sir!! lol
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Letsroll1200

This game will be very similar to Arkansas and Tennessee game. Arkansas 87 Auburn 83

HyperDrive

Auburn has bounced back from previous losses this year with big wins.  Tigers clinch the SEC regular season title tonight.

Tigers 85
Hogs 77

Randohoggie

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 27, 2018, 04:15:00 pm
Excellent sentence structure sir!! lol

It's the next step past a run on sentence - a runaway sentence.

Pumbaa

razorback1829

I'm not grammar pro, but just maybe 2 more periods, and a paragraph break would've helped a lil bit.

Randohoggie

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 27, 2018, 05:36:14 pm
I'm not grammar pro, but just maybe 2 more periods, and a paragraph break would've helped a lil bit.

Read again and think about the intent behind the post.

lynbug

I hope if any of our players get hot...they get to stay in the game until they start to cool off.  Let them go on a run.  And, of course, we must have bench production.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on February 27, 2018, 11:02:28 am
Making it to the tournament by an at-large bid  means you're above average.
Any decent team makes the NCAAT now. It's like college football bowl games.