Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anthracite unis

Started by iCalledThatHogBrotha!, February 25, 2018, 06:42:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Love or hate the university's recent obsession with anthracite uniforms?

Our colors have been red and white for over 100 years! We don't need gimmicks to win!
60 (27.5%)
I like flushing our traditions down the crapper.  More gray unis!
79 (36.2%)
Frito pie
79 (36.2%)

Total Members Voted: 217

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on February 25, 2018, 06:42:00 pm
Anyone else sick of the recent obsession by the UA coaches and ADs with anthracite uniforms? Red and white has served us well for many years, generations even.  I do not get what is pushing us away from our school colors, other than adding to Nike's bottom line. They say it is a recruiting thing, but we were dead last this year in the SEC, by a long shot, so I'm not sure I buy that. Am I alone? Red and white! Hell no to anthracite!

Kids being kids. Just win baby. This is 1960 anymore. Flash is in. Enjoy

rhames

You guys want to be playing in meaningful bowl games in January? This staff is trying hard to give you that and we are only 3 months in.

Chill out
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

GO

I got no problem with the occasional color switch. I'm not the one out there sacrificing my body on Saturday so if the kids enjoy wearing Anthracite let them. Things change.

Cotton

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on February 25, 2018, 07:08:35 pm
Tell that to the 4* recruits that love them.
Just the 4*s?

I hear 5*s don't like them.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

RME

Good to see the poll options are clearly unbiased and don't favor one side of the argument.

liljo

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 26, 2018, 08:35:37 am
Good to see the poll options are clearly unbiased and don't favor one side of the argument.

;D my sentiments, exactly!
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

Dark Helmet Hog

I'm more upset about Slobberin Hog than any uniforms.

HogShat

Quote from: TexHog188 on February 25, 2018, 11:31:50 pm
Uniform threads are stupid. If the Hogs emerge from the smoke wearing burnt orange, then start a thread. Otherwise, slap a hog on that helmet and get after it.

Thank you! ::hornsdown::

colbs

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on February 26, 2018, 08:48:00 am
I'm more upset about Slobberin Hog than any uniforms.
That's more a preference than breaking a tradition.  The university has updated logos and changed courts/fields over the years.

Sed76

If Anthracite had been worn in 2006 when McFadden ran all over South Carolina or 2010 in the game against LSU to clinch the Sugar Bowl I think they would be more accepted. Instead they were introduced during a terrible stretch where we have either been mediocre or just downright horrible. I think the John L. coached team went 1-1 in the anthracite while Bielema teams managed to win just 1 game while wearing them and that was against a bad Florida team. If Morris coached teams manage to win a few big games wearing them feelings will change.

RME

Quote from: Sed76 on February 26, 2018, 10:33:15 am
If Anthracite had been worn in 2006 when McFadden ran all over South Carolina or 2010 in the game against LSU to clinch the Sugar Bowl I think they would be more accepted. Instead they were introduced during a terrible stretch where we have either been mediocre or just downright horrible. I think the John L. coached team went 1-1 in the anthracite while Bielema teams managed to win just 1 game while wearing them and that was against a bad Florida team. If Morris coached teams manage to win a few big games wearing them feelings will change.

If a 9-4 record, #14 ranking, SEC East champion, and bowl game win constitutes a bad team, I'd love for us to be a bad team every year.

Hawgndaaz

Anyone else sick of the recent obsession by the UA coaches and ADs with anthracite uniforms? Red and white has served us well for many years, generations even.  I do not get what is pushing us away from our school colors, other than adding to Nike's bottom line. They say it is a recruiting thing, but we were dead last this year in the SEC, by a long shot, so I'm not sure I buy that. Am I alone? Red and white! Hell no to anthracite!

I'm for whatever pisses off the baby boomer fans

AugustaHog

I don't love them, but the players do.  We are not Ohio St., Alabama, Michigan, Penn St., etc.  Sometimes different uni combos catch kids' attention.  I don't for one second believe anybody chooses a team because the unis are nice.  It may, however, get them to pay attention to your team a bit more and see what product you have to offer.  It is undeniable that the Oregon uni deal is positively affecting their program.  And the current players love getting to try the new stuff on and show it off.  Let's just make sure that it is well done if we are doing the alternate unis.  They've finally got the anthracites looking better and the Red Hog on the white helmet made a world of difference there. 

31to6

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on February 26, 2018, 11:09:48 am
If a 9-4 record, #14 ranking, SEC East champion, and bowl game win constitutes a bad team, I'd love for us to be a bad team every year.
No kidding. Any win over SEC Old Guard is a good win. Wins over FL, GA and TN are even better because we get so few shots at them.

HogtoberFest

I'm for whatever the head coach thinks will help them market the program to gain more recruits and fans.

Ultimately the goal is the have a nationally respected program that competes for national championships. And since I've never led a program, I'll leave the strategy on how to accomplish that  to them.

RME

PintailKiller

Quote from: HogtoberFest on February 26, 2018, 11:36:13 am
I'm for whatever the head coach thinks will help them market the program to gain more recruits and fans.

Ultimately the goal is the have a nationally respected program that competes for national championships. And since I've never led a program, I'll leave the strategy on how to accomplish that  to them.

This
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

elksnort

Quote from: ChitownHawg on February 25, 2018, 07:45:39 pm
Is there anyone who turned us down because we are not sticking to tradition?
This a fallacious comment. I just can't think of the name. Maybe someone can help.

liljo

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 26, 2018, 11:22:29 am
I'm for whatever pisses off the baby boomer fans

That's easy. Just text or Snapchat or otherwise play with your phone while nearly side-swiping me off my Harley. You'll get to meet a very pissed off baby boomer.

Uniform changes, however, will not do it for me. Go Hogs! Whatever the kids that are workin' their tails off to win want to wear is fine with me. Pretty sure that before kickoff I can figure out which team is the Razorbacks.

Woooooo Pig!
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

Next1_04

AirWarren

tbhogfan

I care about getting great players to come here and winning championships.   If a non-traditional uniform color helps do that, I'm all for it.
Go Hogs!

liljo

Quote from: tbhogfan on February 26, 2018, 02:20:31 pm
I care about getting great players to come here and winning championships.   If a non-traditional uniform color helps do that, I'm all for it.

::hornsdown::  :) ::hornsdown::

Hammer down, full tilt boogie, WPS Go Hogs!

sowmonella

Quote from: tbhogfan on February 26, 2018, 02:20:31 pm

A lot of recruits seem to like purple and gold. What say you?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

HogPharmer

Quote from: sowmonella on February 26, 2018, 03:44:15 pm
A lot of recruits seem to like purple and gold. What say you?

I say pelt them with corndogs
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 25, 2018, 09:16:34 pm
Those 5 stars overlook the unit colors in return for winning national championships.  Our program these days shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence with Bama.

Do not agree.

I could pick a lot of other schools that don't bend to the kids' wishes that are not close to Bama's station in college football.

Hoggish1

Quote from: HossHog on February 25, 2018, 10:41:27 pm
Not sure if you have noticed but we aren't Bama, not even close. CCM can't put 6 championship rings on the table of the recruits table. Visits are all about having fun so let the recruits wear what they want.

Uh, no.  Recruits are not wearing head bands, they are not coming late to meetings, they are not allowed to eat whatever they want, etc. etc.

So, guess what, they don't wear whatever they think is cool.  Cool is the tradition of this program not some arena football garbage.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Cotton on February 26, 2018, 08:09:47 am
Just the 4*s?

I hear 5*s don't like them.

LMAO—you are correct!

HogtoberFest

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 26, 2018, 05:23:00 pm
Do not agree.

I could pick a lot of other schools that don't bend to the kids' wishes that are not close to Bama's station in college football.

Can you go ahead and name them?  I can think of only 2 or 3 teams in the country who do not wear alternate uniforms at least once a season.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 26, 2018, 05:23:00 pm
Do not agree.

So name all of them you want.  I was responding to a post specifically about Bama.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 26, 2018, 05:26:43 pm
Uh, no.  Recruits are not wearing head bands, they are not coming late to meetings, they are not allowed to eat whatever they want, etc. etc.

So, guess what, they don't wear whatever they think is cool.  Cool is the tradition of this program not some arena football garbage.

Cool is winning lots of games, winning the SEC and playing in a playoff.  We have no history of accomplishing that.  So other than that, sure, we have a cool tradition.  That only Hog fans care about.  Too bad we aren't simply recruiting hog fans.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 25, 2018, 08:15:46 pm
Go follow a bunch of recruiting gurus on twitter. Most of the recruits are getting pictures in the antracite. Once a year won't hurt anything. Not trying to make it permanent.

Hey Iceman's here!

Can't believe you were so quite from Saturday night until Sunday night. Lol

hobhog

They are divisive. Don't understand why you'd want to disappoint such a large percentage of the fanbase just to appease Nike.

liljo

Quote from: hobhog on February 26, 2018, 06:22:59 pm
They are divisive. Don't understand why you'd want to disappoint such a large percentage of the fanbase just to appease Nike.

Divisive Hog fans?

Say it ain't so!  :-\

Pick any topic. If it lasts 15 posts on Hogville, most likely somebody will be arguing. The kids putting in the work; bustin' their butts to get better' lifting; running; studying film. If they want to wear anthracite it's okay with me. Just add it to an apparently endless list of things HogVille...fans...will bit-- about.

presidenthog

Swestwill66

Quote from: GO on February 26, 2018, 07:51:40 am
I got no problem with the occasional color switch. I'm not the one out there sacrificing my body on Saturday so if the kids enjoy wearing Anthracite let them. Things change.

1920 hog looks kinda like Wiley coyote. 1930 & 1940 look like dufus hogs. 1950 looks like ALF on speed. ( ALF sitcom from 80's )

hog.goblin

ok chicken little

for one game a year I love it

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 25, 2018, 08:22:02 pm
Why break the tradition of no forward passes, leather helmets. Why did they move the goal post back to the end line from the goal line, etc.

That's not tradition lol. Those are rule changes and technological advances in equipment.

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: Porkbutt Gary on February 25, 2018, 07:55:25 pm
That's a bogus argument!  If better recruits choose a school base on uniform then we need to order a bunch of red and white Alabama uniforms quick!  They seem to be getting the best recruits not Nike Gray!  If a coaching staff can sell an exciting winning program we'll get the better recruits.  If a kid chooses a school because of a cool uniform he probably a fashion major not a baller!

Recruits do not choose a school based on uniforms, they choose the school that has the best chance to put a ring on their finger and put them in the league (NFL).
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

WaltonCollege

All white is very sick, anthracite is also nice. Sorry not a traditionalist.

CFB_Fanatic

This is the least of our worries. I prefer the white on white unis myself, but also like the anthracite.

Either way, the old timers need to get it out of your heads that anyone is going to change the school's colors. Red and white it will always be.

In fact, if the school itself could settle on one shade of red that would be nice wouldn't it?

redhogchilipepper

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 25, 2018, 08:22:02 pm
Why break the tradition of no forward passes, leather helmets. Why did they move the goal post back to the end line from the goal line, etc.

We were the cardinals once. Just saying

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 25, 2018, 09:58:41 pm
Firstly, I don't care at all myself either way, but the responses that pertain the most douchery are the one's putting down tradition... Solid tea bagging...

I think we need to return to the tradition of cooking our own bread and not slicing it...........
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

RazorPiggie

I don't love or hate the unis. Frito Pie. I think its nice to change them up once or twice a year.

AirWarren

Quote from: WaltonCollege on February 26, 2018, 11:07:08 pm
All white is very sick, anthracite is also nice. Sorry not a traditionalist.

Me either. Why not win and look good at the same time?

Anthracite. Chrome red helmets every game.

liljo

Quote from: AP85 on February 27, 2018, 09:16:01 am
Me either. Why not win and look good at the same time?

Anthracite. Chrome red helmets every game.

Fine by me if that's what the kids like. Like I keep saying, as long as I can tell the Hogs apart from who they're playing, I'm good with it.

And I'm one of the baby boomers. The Hog Call: Tradition. School Colors: Tradition. Fight Song: Tradition. Game day uniforms? C'mon, man, let the kids have some fun.

secfan30

I'm sick of people complaining about uniform colors that are worn, at max, once a year.

ricepig

Hunter says get used to them! Or, in other words, the players and recruits like them, so they will be used occasionally.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/from-the-desk-of-your-ad-feb27-2018/

Pumbaa

It seems this poll didn't go quite the way it was planned   :P

HBeachHog

Quote from: ricepig on February 27, 2018, 05:19:02 pm
Hunter says get used to them! Or, in other words, the players and recruits like them, so they will be used occasionally.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/from-the-desk-of-your-ad-feb27-2018/

Stunning is that our new AD had to actually address this issue due to "concern" by certain fans....   ::)
Count me as a strong supporter of the alternate uniforms.