Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jimmy Dykes

Started by BannerMountainMan, February 17, 2018, 09:31:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

https://twitter.com/sportstalkwbo/status/964532951026413568  Says they have set them up that if they go 2-3 they are safely in for sure.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Dr. Starcs

Couldn't care less what that guy thinks after the mess he made of our women's team. And to think he's an espn expert. Lmao

labb

Lots of difference in someone who knows Basketball and someone who can coach Basketball. He does know Basketball. JMO

popcornhog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 17, 2018, 10:02:33 am
Couldn't care less what that guy thinks after the mess he made of our women's team. And to think he's an espn expert. Lmao

What does being bad at coaching women have to do with knowledge of the men's game or vise versa?

Nothing. He's a good analyst and a bad women's coach.

WPS

ShadowHawg

I don't think he is a good analyst. He was picking Kentucky to win the conference up until a week and a half ago because they would overcome their bad shooting with athleticism and defense. Now he is singing a different tune.

He is a stick his finger in the air and go with direction The is blowing kind of analyst, imo.

raz1965

Last week Jimmy said Alabama was the one team out of the sec that could put it together an surprise the nation to the final four.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 17, 2018, 10:21:26 am
I don't think he is a good analyst. He was picking Kentucky to win the conference up until a week and a half ago because they would overcome their bad shooting with athleticism and defense. Now he is singing a different tune.

He is a stick his finger in the air and go with direction The is blowing kind of analyst, imo.

Per their history, that wasn't a particularly bad prediction.  This KY team, however, ain't got it. 

RedBird5

Quote from: popcornhog on February 17, 2018, 10:16:22 am
What does being bad at coaching women have to do with knowledge of the men's game or vise versa?

Not too mention we hired a guy with no coaching experience

popcornhog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 17, 2018, 10:21:26 am

I did not think he was alone in that prediction.

Lots of folks still reasonably believe that UK is talented and athletic enough to make a deep run in the NCAA tourney even as an 8, 9, 10, 11 seed.
WPS

Adam Stokes

He's essentially correct if we win one in the SECT. If we finish 2-4 (with the SECT) I think we'll be on the bubble. We'd finish around 7th-8th if we finish at 9-9, meaning we'd lose to a team missing the tournament in the 1st round of the SECT. That might be enough to knock us out.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: popcornhog on February 17, 2018, 11:54:49 am

Lots of folks still reasonably believe that UK is talented and athletic enough to make a deep run in the NCAA tourney even as an 8, 9, 10, 11 seed.
rememeber the last time Kentucky was an 8 seed they won the national championship
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 17, 2018, 12:28:50 pm
rememeber the last time Kentucky was an 8 seed they won the national championship

No they didn't. They lost to 7 seed uconn in the finals.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 17, 2018, 12:32:47 pm
No they didn't. They lost to 7 seed uconn in the finals.
nevermond they made it to the championship

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 17, 2018, 12:53:31 pm
nevermond they made it to the championship

Your point is still valid. Kentucky is dangerous no matter where they are in the bracket.

stan the man

Dykes replacement doesn't seem to be any better.  Hope that changes

3of5-2

Dykes fully supported taking a knee for the National Anthem, so I could care less what that bum ever says. He's a phony and a fake.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: stan the man on February 17, 2018, 01:09:50 pm
Dykes replacement doesn't seem to be any better.  Hope that changes

He's already won more sec games than dykes did last year. And he wasn't left much. You apparently don't know what you're talking about.

golfinpig

Dykes of the "rim run" fame talks a lot without saying much.

Leadbelly

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 17, 2018, 01:54:12 pm
He's already won more sec games than dykes did last year. And he wasn't left much. You apparently don't know what you're talking about.

He'll fit right in here then!
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

Hog_Fink

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 01:14:01 pm
Dykes fully supported taking a knee for the National Anthem, so I could care less what that bum ever says. He's a phony and a fake.

he supported the players & the discussion + dialogue that NEEDS to take place. In case you didn't realize most players come from inner city or impoverished communities of a darker persuasion. Respect their experience & put down your hyper-nationalist approach

hawgball40

I don't like Jimmy Dykes. He's disgruntled against the university and takes it out on arkansas fans every chance he gets. remember during our midseason collapse the way he was gloating during halftime of one of our beat downs. that was not cool imo, and he deserves to be shunned by arkansas fans. also, he allowed players to kneel for the national anthem and his teams sucked pretty bad to boot.

hogsanity

Quote from: popcornhog on February 17, 2018, 11:54:49 am

Anyone that watched them come back at WVU knows they are very athletic and can defend. Everyone keeps expecting their shooting to improve and it just has not.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

pigture perfect

I like Jimmy. He's not a good coach, but he's a decent analyst. I've also heard that Long told him to not interfere with his players political statement of kneeling.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 01:14:01 pm
I would take a knee for the anthem if it would get some of you pansies off the board.

hogsanity

Quote from: Karma on February 17, 2018, 02:51:55 pm
I would take a knee for the anthem if it would get some of you pansies off the board.

i'd be there with you if it would do that.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

3of5-2

Quote from: galactivation on February 17, 2018, 02:20:18 pm
he supported the players & the discussion + dialogue that NEEDS to take place. In case you didn't realize most players come from inner city or impoverished communities of a darker persuasion. Respect their experience & put down your hyper-nationalist approach
He supported it FULLY, you can make excuses for him all you want, but that is a FACT. What he should have done, is told the players they were going to stand for the anthem, which is exactly what MA did. You can have discussions and dialogue without disrespecting the flag, the anthem, and those young men and women who are serving, while these ungrateful clowns get free college and free everything. As far as where most of these players come from, I know exactly where they come from. I SPEND time with them on a daily basis, so yeah, I know exactly what's going on with them. Most have very little respect for others, especially towards women, they blame other people for any problems they have because that's what they have been told all of their lives. Drugs are a substitute for oxygen, and their ability to have an intelligent, understandable conversation without using curse words is almost nonexistent. All of which is no excuse not to show respect.

3of5-2

Quote from: Karma on February 17, 2018, 02:51:55 pm
You probably take a knee anyway.

Hog_Fink

you probably think the fists up @ the 68 Olympics was an abomination too huh?

3of5-2

Quote from: galactivation on February 17, 2018, 03:41:57 pm
you probably think the fists up @ the 68 Olympics was an abomination too huh?
Not an abomination, just disrespectful. Just shows how ungrateful they are. Doubt they could find a better place to live, and doubt that any other country would take them.

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 03:11:58 pm
You probably take a knee anyway.
I don't and never have. Don't care if others do. I respect the 1st Amendment as much as 2nd.

3of5-2

Quote from: Karma on February 17, 2018, 04:28:55 pm
I don't and never have. Don't care if others do. I respect the 1st Amendment as much as 2nd.
I don't care for those that do. Without the 2nd, you wouldn't have the 1st.

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 04:30:55 pm
I don't care for those that do. Without the 2nd, you wouldn't have the 1st.
Without the 2nd, we'd have a lot more school kids alive too.

Hog_Fink

how ungrateful "they" were
in 1968 during the backlash from Civil rights movement.

a lot people don't want to draw the similarities

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: galactivation on February 17, 2018, 04:34:19 pm
how ungrateful "they" were
in 1968 during the backlash from Civil rights movement.

a lot people don't want to draw the similarities

Good God man. Take it to the politic forum.

3of5-2

Quote from: Karma on February 17, 2018, 04:32:38 pm
Without the 2nd, we'd have a lot more school kids alive too.
Without Planned Parenthood and legalized abortions we would have millions of school kids alive too. If the FBI and the local police would have done their jobs in Florida, they probably would have been alive today. If teachers were allowed to carry, or at least the so called security guards, maybe they would have been more alive today as well.

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 04:40:44 pm
Without Planned Parenthood and legalized abortions we would have millions of school kids alive too. If the FBI and the local police would have done their jobs in Florida, they probably would have been alive today. If teachers were allowed to carry, or at least the so called security guards, maybe they would have been more alive today as well.
Wish people like you would buy a corvette to compensate for their deficiencies rather than require a gun.

3of5-2

Quote from: Karma on February 17, 2018, 04:47:09 pm
Wish people like you would buy a corvette to compensate for their deficiencies rather than require a gun.
Wish people like you would grow a set so that rest of us didn't have to take care of you. I don't require a gun, but I'm guaranteed the right to have as many as I want by the Constitution. I never cared for Corvettes.

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 05:06:36 pm
Wish people like you would grow a set so that rest of us didn't have to take care of you. I don't require a gun, but I'm guaranteed the right to have as many as I want by the Constitution. I never cared for Corvettes.
Just enjoy living on the taxes I pay and be thankful.

Hog_Fink

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 05:06:36 pm

who said anything about taking care of anybody dude?
if anything you might need to take care of yourself & open a history book or talk to someone with a differing perspective. Your statements about civil rights & social movements are pretty problematic

3of5-2

Quote from: galactivation on February 17, 2018, 05:14:22 pm
who said anything about taking care of anybody dude?
if anything you might need to take care of yourself & open a history book or talk to someone with a differing perspective. Your statements about civil rights & social movements are pretty problematic
Oh please explain, can't wait to hear that.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: popcornhog on February 17, 2018, 10:16:22 am

Don't you know? The good doctor knows more about football and basketball than anyone. Just ask him.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

sickboy

I see you've succeed at everything in life. Congrats.

Mr. Porkleone

I notice he follows all SEC teams and most coaches except Arkansas

Hog_Fink

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 04:03:48 pm
Not an abomination, just disrespectful. Just shows how ungrateful they are. Doubt they could find a better place to live, and doubt that any other country would take them.

in regards to 1968 Olympic fist raising...... cmon bud.
1968 I dont think Blacks had too much to be "grateful" about.
And to be honest, it wasn't that long ago & things aren't as substantially improved as a lot of people would like to think

3of5-2

Quote from: Karma on February 17, 2018, 05:13:31 pm
Just enjoy living on the taxes I pay and be thankful.
I've paid more taxes than you ever will. Be sure and thank President Trump that you don't have to pay as much as I have had to. MAGA!

Hoggish1

Ditto              L zr

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: ChitownHawg on February 17, 2018, 05:18:47 pm
Don't you know? The good doctor knows more about football and basketball than anyone. Just ask him.  ;)

Quote from: sickboy on February 17, 2018, 05:20:40 pm
I see you've succeed at everything in life. Congrats.

I see jimmys Mom and wife have chimed in. 😁

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 05:25:15 pm
I've paid more taxes than you ever will. Be sure and thank President Trump that you don't have to pay as much as I have had to. MAGA!
Thanks comrade.

USChog

Lol what is goinf on in this thread?

Quote from: USChog on February 17, 2018, 05:39:24 pm
Lol what is goinf on in this thread?
3of5/2 has paid so many taxes that we are all living off of him.