Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Video With Stadium Architect

Started by The NewEra, December 13, 2017, 11:26:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The NewEra

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hog Waller

It's going to be a fantastic college football stadium.

The NewEra

I think so too.  It's going to be so nice going into the first year of the newly renovated stadium with a lot of optimism around the program.

Pig in the Pokey

Man, that guy's story is great. Grew up a Hog fan, went to UofA architecture School, and then ends up doing RRS. Wow.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

elksnort

And the gap in the northeast corner of the stadium is useful and not unattractive at all to me.

The outdoor standing room area is a trend and one that I would like if I were a ticket holder there. I would think at some point, they would make the whole stadium chair back seating, if you really want to upgrade the place.

The key now days is comfort and convenience of the stadium, not how many people it holds. 80,000 DWRRS >100,000+ Neyland stadium for instance.

Hog Waller

Would love to see chair backed seating.  Absolutely hate the metal benches...they are miserable to sit in, especially during the winter...bench seating is so high school.

elksnort

Quote from: Hog Waller on December 13, 2017, 12:57:01 pm
Would love to see chair backed seating.  Absolutely hate the metal benches...they are miserable to sit in, especially during the winter...bench seating is so high school.
I would imagine the stadium would lose some capacity and maybe have to move some season ticket holders. This would not go well for some.

BLS50

I think you could account for the lost seats, by re claiming the seats on lower east side now designated for visiting teams......and let the visiting team have seats in upper deck. I agree, club seats in the entire lower bowl would be very nice and hope we do it some day.....believe in prior posts on this topic some of the engineers on HV have indicated current structure on the sides that support the seats would have to be replaced to allow for proper seat placement for chair backs, or something like that.  Look forward to seeing the stadium in the Fall. 

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

masbas3

Yes, when I go to opponents stadiums they have visiting fans sitting in the nosebleed seats, why the UofA has always catered to the visiting fans by giving them lower bowl seats boggles my mind.

factchecker

Quote from: masbas3 on December 13, 2017, 04:27:55 pm
Yes, when I go to opponents stadiums they have visiting fans sitting in the nosebleed seats, why the UofA has always catered to the visiting fans by giving them lower bowl seats boggles my mind.

Not always.

I went to Mississippi State and Missouri in 2016 and was put in the lower sections with other Razorback fans both times.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS