Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Termination Letters Sent to 8 of 9 Arkansas Assistant Football Coaches

Started by moses_007, December 11, 2017, 10:27:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

Only Barry Lunney was retained from CBB's coaching staff.

From today's Democrat-Gazette:

"FAYETTEVILLE — The contracts were terminated for eight of Arkansas' nine full-time football assistant coaches last week, according to documents obtained Monday through an open records request by the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.

Barry Lunney Jr., a former Arkansas player who has coached tight ends the past five seasons, was the only full-time assistant coach who was not terminated. Lunney has been on the road recruiting this week, although it has not been officially announced whether he will be retained on the staff of new head coach Chad Morris.

Coordinators Dan Enos and Paul Rhoads, and position coaches Kurt Anderson, Reggie Mitchell, Michael Smith, John Scott, Vernon Hargreaves and Chad Walker were informed of their termination in letters signed by Senior Associate Athletic Director Julie Cromer Peoples and dated Dec. 7 and Dec. 8. Strength coach Ben Herbert also was relieved of his duties Dec. 8.

In the letters, the coaches were instructed to return all university-issued property, including cellphones, computers and vehicles, by the end of business Monday.

All of the fired assistants were brought to Arkansas by former head coach Bret Bielema, who was fired Nov. 24 for convenience after the Razorbacks went 4-8 overall and 1-7 in SEC games. The university promises to pay up to six months salary to each of the coordinators and position coaches, pending mitigation, in the event a head coach is fired, according to standard language located in each of their offer letters.

The fired coordinators and position coaches had combined annual salaries of $3.595 million, meaning the university could owe up to $1,797,500 in buyout payments, a figure that would be offset by future earnings."

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

moses_007

Ragnar Hogbrok

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: moses_007 on December 11, 2017, 10:38:30 pm
Rhoads?
rhoads already has a new gig, we wont pay him anything. He's saying Kurt Anderson wont get another job.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

livevanguy

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 11, 2017, 11:45:35 pm
rhoads already has a new gig, we wont pay him anything. He's saying Kurt Anderson wont get another job.
Rhoads said this about Anderson? Where is this from? Curious to know what each coach thought of each other.
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

Flrazrback

The business side of College Football. We are in Better Shape now and improvement is sometime an investment in the future. Go Hogs

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: livevanguy on December 11, 2017, 11:48:28 pm
Rhoads said this about Anderson? Where is this from? Curious to know what each coach thought of each other.
Rhoads said nothing.  Go back and read.  Shrute is implying that no one will be hiring Anderson.  Pokey was just trying to explain it.

HogimusMaximus

This new staff better be made of champions, so far not impressed by Coach. :puke:

twistitup

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on December 12, 2017, 01:32:53 am
This new staff better be made of champions, so far not impressed by Coach. :puke:

Yeah, because the last staff was full of champions? Not impressed? Give the guy a chance...
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ricepig

How do you know we won't be paying him anything? Do you know his salary at UCLA, do you know if there is an offset if he finds other work? The safest thing to say is, we don't know what any contract at the UofA means, lol........

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on December 12, 2017, 01:32:53 am

one of these days you're going to change your name so it doesn't sound like mine.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Boy are there some geniuses in here  ;D
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

RebelliousHog

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Please, look at what you are about to post.  We have so much pitiful posting on here.  Your opinion is one thing.  Stating it as if it is fact is another.  Pronouns are not most posters friend.  Who the hell are you talking about, talking to, repeating from?  When you don't actually know a damn thing for sure, don't post it. 

PorkRinds

I'm glad Scott wasn't retained. I wasn't that happy when I heard it was a possibility.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: 12247 on December 12, 2017, 08:08:49 am
Please, look at what you are about to post.  We have so much pitiful posting on here.  Your opinion is one thing.  Stating it as if it is fact is another.  Pronouns are not most posters friend.  Who the hell are you talking about, talking to, repeating from?  When you don't actually know a damn thing for sure, don't post it.
LOL @ you. 

You've spent the last 5 years pretending like you know how hard Bielema and the staff worked, telling us all how lazy they are, acting like you know crap you just assumed, most of it completely wrong.

Go soak your head.
All Gas, No Brakes!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 12, 2017, 08:18:06 am
LOL @ you. 

You've spent the last 5 years pretending like you know how hard Bielema and the staff worked, telling us all how lazy they are, acting like you know crap you just assumed, most of it completely wrong.

Go soak your head.

Legit truth.

ricepig

LOL @ you. 

Go soak your head.

Sort of ironic, isn't it, lol.

Southpointhog

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

hogmolar

The OTR

You are an insider's insider.

hawgball40

RME

Quote from: hawgball40 on December 12, 2017, 09:14:42 am
How many times were dropped on your head? it had to of been atleast twice.

It had to "of been" at least twice?

Or it had to "have been" at least twice?

PorkRinds

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on December 12, 2017, 09:15:58 am
It had to "of been" at least twice?

Or it had to "have been" at least twice?

Yeah. That was classic, for sure.

RME

HawgPilot

Hoggish1

How 'bout we don't pay coaches who aren't working anymore.  Do these guys not put any $ in accounts to tide them over between jobs?  Most of the time they find new jobs in a matter of weeks if not days.

Man, I missed my calling by not going into this profession, like I could have...

jackflash

with Scott gone wonder where we stand with the two  defensive lineman from GA

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 12, 2017, 10:03:20 am
How 'bout we don't pay coaches who aren't working anymore.  Do these guys not put any $ in accounts to tide them over between jobs?  Most of the time they find new jobs in a matter of weeks if not days.

Man, I missed my calling by not going into this profession, like I could have...

How about we not violate contracts and get sued.

BallHog1

LOL @ you. 

Go soak your head.
Most factual post of the thread here.