Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time Frame For New DC??

Started by dethnode, December 11, 2017, 08:41:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dethnode

I don't believe anyone who can go public with this will until Morris says so.  He might not have chosen one yet or the new one may still have games to play and work to do where he is currently employed.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

MAGA45

We may be waiting until after bowl season. 
Fake News

GuvHog

Quote from: 12247 on December 11, 2017, 09:46:00 am
I don't believe anyone who can go public with this will until Morris says so.  He might not have chosen one yet or the new one may still have games to play and work to do where he is currently employed.

I believe the latter is correct. He has likely chosen his DC and does not want to go public with his name because his current team still has games left to play. If he had chosen a DC who is with a team that has no more games left, that DC would already be on the job and recruiting.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

porque

Quote from: GuvHog on December 11, 2017, 09:53:38 am
I believe the latter is correct. He has likely chosen his DC and does not want to go public with his name because his current team still has games left to play. If he had chosen a DC who is with a team that has no more games left, that DC would already be on the job and recruiting.

We will not say who the new DC is until at least after Dec. 20th. 

dethnode

Does that hurt with the end result of this class, not having a DC named until after bowl season?

GuvHog

Quote from: porque on December 11, 2017, 10:08:06 am
We will not say who the new DC is until at least after Dec. 20th. 

My guess is it will be in January after the Bowl season when the new DC is announced.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

TexasRazorback

BoogaHog

Quote from: dethnode on December 11, 2017, 08:41:47 am
When is this gonna happen???

After the Clemson Tigers raise the natty trophy.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

duckman

We are waiting for a reason, the longer we wait the better the hire.  IMO

HamGrowsOnTrees

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 11, 2017, 12:20:21 pm
Or the NFL season.
Romeo Crennel and Morris are friends. This will be Crennel and CBoBs last year in Houston. Crennel has a lot of ties to the south.

Anyway.... dont let something like this slap you guys from right field.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

razorback24

Already got our DC and it's not Venables. It is someone that will be a huge get and someone most would consider elite.

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: razorback24 on December 11, 2017, 12:46:38 pm
Already got our DC and it's not Venables. It is someone that will be a huge get and someone most would consider elite.

and I suppose you have inside information.....

JONAS

Quote from: razorback24 on December 11, 2017, 12:46:38 pm

I hope so.

DeltaBoy

My Bet is after Jan 1st.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HOGKING

If it is Chavis why would they not announce it now? would that not suggest it is someone different?

jneal56

Quote from: dethnode on December 11, 2017, 08:41:47 am
When is this gonna happen???

I think it's obvious...We aren't going to hire any defensive coaches and just hire all offensive coaches to be the Program Blueprint that all the other Programs follow. (I was being sarcastic so hopefully those who read more than the first 5 words will not run with this) Hell the way the rules and officiating are these days it kind of makes sense to just double up on the offensive side and say the hell with Defense. That seems to be what all the egg heads want. No touching of the offensive players of any kind or it will be a 99 yard penalty with an automatic 6 points.
"At least we are moral"

Hogindasticks

Quote from: HOGKING on December 11, 2017, 09:10:02 pm
If it is Chavis why would they not announce it now? would that not suggest it is someone different?

Yup...waiting for the bowl games...

PorkSoda

my guess is most candidates are in bowl games.

either way, contract negotiations take time.
Quote from: HOGKING on December 11, 2017, 09:10:02 pm
maybe because he hasn't officially been released by TAMU?  probably still has a bowl game to coach?

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A good DC is like a fine wine. It takes time.....
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

oldhawg

Quote from: HamGrowsOnTrees on December 11, 2017, 12:37:40 pm
Romeo Crennel and Morris are friends. This will be Crennel and CBoBs last year in Houston. Crennel has a lot of ties to the south.

Anyway.... dont let something like this slap you guys from right field.

Crennel is 70 years old ---- not gonna be him.