Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Favorite Chad Morris sayings.....

Started by UAGolfer1981, December 09, 2017, 10:07:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

UAGolfer1981

December 09, 2017, 10:07:05 am Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 12:58:19 pm by UAGolfer1981
"It was good win after a particularly tough week of practice....probably was not well liked that week because we worked the players pretty hard, but that was ok since we didn't need any 20 yr old friends."

Postgame interview after Clemson victory over #11 Florida State

Have some fun with this....

ambien_sky

""You've either got speed, or your chasing speed" 

The University is going to have to come out with a new shirt every week with a different quote from this guy.  He is full of them!  What about "Full Tilt Boogie"   haha!

Tuskya

"Be where your feet are."   (verbatim? Not sure.)

From Tusk Till Dawn

He said something about poppin' the clutch too.  I liked that.

porknbeans

During first address to team

"You're either a spender or you're an investor. Spenders are wasters. Wasters have no room in this program. They want something for free. Investors are guys that spend time - quality time..."
Never wrestle with a Hog - you get dirty and the Hog likes it

sylamore

"Everybody's an All American when its 72 and partly cloudy."

sylamore

"The jet is fueled and we're ready to go. And when you come back in January, it's full-tilt boogie."

LawyerHog50

"We will get the best DC in the country"
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

HawgSZN

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 21, 2019, 01:13:05 pm
Damn. you say his name he pops up.  This guy is legend status

hoginator

Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

redeye

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on December 09, 2017, 04:59:17 pm
He said something about poppin' the clutch too.  I liked that.

This is my favorite.

"We're gonna put it in the left lane, pop the clutch and hammer down!"

SkiulaterWPS

What did he say about being The Man?

Any new ones?

WPS!!!

Porkys Revenge

"You gotta be ready for anything, because these 3 guys have just been put on full scholarship."

VirginiaHog

If you trust me, I wont let you down.

oldhog63

Quote from: HoggyCat on December 09, 2017, 10:12:42 am
So far my favorite thing is "sit up and feet on the floor".
Mine too. Set the tone right from the start.

Tick Hog

" No matter your age, you won't out work me. I will outlast you "

rzrbackramsfan

"It's an honor, it's a privilege to be the head football coach at the University of Arkansas. The one thing you'll never have to do is, you'll never have to tell me go. You may have to tell me whoa, but you'll never have to tell me go. We're gonna put it in the left lane and we're gonna put the hammer down. We're gonna have fun."

Also the one about quality is better than quantity

liljo

Quote from: Tuskya on December 09, 2017, 10:33:08 am
"Be where your feet are."   (verbatim? Not sure.)

This one is actually my favorite. There is a LOT of wisdom in that statement. In football, it relates to BALANCE. The same is true in life.

To me, "being where your feet are" translates into being yourself. Who you really are. Not putting on some fake front. I have a saying like this one:

"Wherever you go, be who you are when you get there."

I am very fond of Coach Morris, and I hope, not only for selfish reasons, that he is exceedingly successful here.
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

sowmonella

When in doubt, whup it out. Might not have been Chad Morris. Maybe Garret Morris or Clevon Little.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

PorkSoda

Quote from: liljo on August 28, 2018, 04:15:50 pm
This one is actually my favorite. There is a LOT of wisdom in that statement. In football, it relates to BALANCE. The same is true in life.

To me, "being where your feet are" translates into being yourself. Who you really are. Not putting on some fake front. I have a saying like this one:

I am very fond of Coach Morris, and I hope, not only for selfish reasons, that he is exceedingly successful here.
I like that one too.  I interpret it as staying in the moment and not letting your mind wander to the past or the future or what you should have done.  What are doing right now, in this moment.  that is what is important and what you should be focusing on.

as for morris himself, it doesn't matter that he is a TAMU alumni or used to coach at clemson.  Right now he is the arkansas coach and he is tasked with making arkansas a successful football program.  and that is what he intends to do.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HogsNSaints

"Hot out today, wish it was a little hotter"

HogsNSaints

"Wet out today, wish it was a little wetter."

oldhawg

WayneHawg

Hopefully I never have to hear him say " We're Close " !

Elvis P Hogg

Quote from: liljo on August 28, 2018, 04:15:50 pm

This quote and a lot of the philosophy of Coach Morris come from a small book called Chop wood Carry Water. He had all of the players read it over the summer. It is an amazing book full of wisdom and it's all about falling in love with the process, very Nick Saban like. If anyone is interested I would recommend it

"good win today over a great Alabama team."  (I hope to hear this one day.)

PorkSoda

Quote from: Elvis P Hogg on August 29, 2018, 03:46:19 pm

This quote and a lot of the philosophy of Coach Morris come from a small book called Chop wood Carry Water. He had all of the players read it over the summer. It is an amazing book full of wisdom and it's all about falling in love with the process, very Nick Saban like. If anyone is interested I would recommend it
haven't read the book, but I have heard that axiom before.

"Before enlightenment
Chop wood, carry water
After enlightenment
Chop wood, carry water"

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.