Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I was wrong

Started by Memhogs, December 08, 2017, 10:20:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Memhogs

I spoke too soon the night CCM was hired. I thought the hogs could do better. Now I really believe CCM will do great things here. He seems to have a true winners mentality. I guess next time I should do my research, because I havent been this excited about hog football in a long time! Too bad we have to wait til August to watch em drop the hammer! WPS!
Thats why they make chocolate and Vanilla, some folks like chocolate, and everyone else has bad taste.

WarEagleSharkFalconHawg

I think he was lower down on a lot of our lists but he wasn't known to a lot of us.  I think a lot of us fall into the "more we see the more we like" list.  Not sure I felt that way about CBB.  I just have a good feeling that great things are in store for us.  We all have blah lives but use sports as an outlet.  We need this.  We want this.  And with CM we feel like we might actually have this... Cheers to us all!

Al Boarland

Tortfeasor

Honestly, after listening to him and reading more about him, I do believe we made the best choice for this point in our program's history. Not sure some of the others on the list could do what he will do for recruiting and brining exciting football back to the state.

TNarch

There was a lot of negativity being spewed out here, but it seems that it was mostly baseless.  Can't wait till fall.  Feeling bad for my UT family and friends.  I don't feel that they fared anywhere near as well in their hire...time will tell.

Großer Kriegschwein

Morris wasn't very far down our list.
This is my non-signature signature.

WarEagleSharkFalconHawg

Quote from: Al Boarland on December 08, 2017, 10:26:11 pm
Define "great things".

A winning record in the SEC would be nice.  I don't expect top 2 in the SEC (LSU, Auburn and Alabama may have a monopoly on those) but I do expect top 5.  We don't have a lot of competition for recruits in our state and have a lot of Alumni $$$$$.  We should expect and demand top 5.  Its been a long time since we were there.  Its time.  CM may be the answer.  Thats all I'm sayin...

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: WarEagleSharkFalconHawg on December 08, 2017, 10:33:21 pm
A winning record in the SEC would be nice.  I don't expect top 2 in the SEC (LSU, Auburn and Alabama may have a monopoly on those) but I do expect top 5.  We don't have a lot of competition for recruits in our state and have a lot of Alumni $$$$$.  We should expect and demand top 5.  Its been a long time since we were there.  Its time.  CM may be the answer.  Thats all I'm sayin...

Give Coach Morris time to get players recruited that fit his offense.  You will see an offense that explodes and scores a lot of points.  It is going to be fun to watch and listen to everyone bitch and moan about how good Arkansas will be.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

razorprep

Unfortunately... I am in the same boat.  I judged CCM based on his record at SMU with little regard to his whole resume.  Imagine, those in charge actually had more information at their disposal and spent many hours researching candidates in search of the best choice.  While I don't always defer to 'the man'...  in this case, it seems that the PTB actually acted in the best interest of the university and the fan base.  Since the hire, I've had the chance to listen to CCM and Norvell (my previous top choice), and I believe the best man was selected.  I am excited for the future, and I am ready to support the head hog.  WPS!!

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: TNarch on December 08, 2017, 10:28:24 pm
There was a lot of negativity being spewed out here, but it seems that it was mostly baseless.  Can't wait till fall.  Feeling bad for my UT family and friends.  I don't feel that they fared anywhere near as well in their hire...time will tell.

My UT grad parents gave me a hard time for months over the Steornover.

I've never lost that grudge. Pigskin is thicker than blood.

The last decade has been sweet sweet revenge. May UT suck forever.

901king

Quote from: razorprep on December 08, 2017, 11:06:57 pm
Unfortunately... I am in the same boat.  I judged CCM based on his record at SMU with little regard to his whole resume.  Imagine, those in charge actually had more information at their disposal and spent many hours researching candidates in search of the best choice.  While I don't always defer to 'the man'...  in this case, it seems that the PTB actually acted in the best interest of the university and the fan base.  Since the hire, I've had the chance to listen to CCM and Norvell (my previous top choice), and I believe the best man was selected.  I am excited for the future, and I am ready to support the head hog.  WPS!!

As a Tiger fan, glad the Hogs got the "best man."  Morris is a good coach, but probably the 4th best in the AAC.  The whole "saved Dabo's" job is a nice bedtime story to tell the kids.  Somehow recruiting and coaching a player 1 year gives you a claim to a National Championship that is won 2 years after you leave.  Somehow Morris is responsible for Clemson's two CFP years and National Championship, but Tony Elliott isn't. 

If you look at the trajectory of SMU, Morris had the Ponies back to June Jones level (7-6, 8-5).  The whole "tougher academics" as an excuse for recruiting at SMU is a myth.  Somehow, the basketball program has had no problem getting , ahem, players.  All schools except for the military academies have ways to get borderline student/athletes on campus and keep them on campus.  Yes, even Vanderbilt.   

Glad my Tigers are getting to keep the better offensive coach, better special teams coach, and better recruiter.  I believe Memphis will be playing in a New Years Day bowl before a Morris lead Hog team does so. 

nightrider388

Quote from: 901king on December 09, 2017, 07:34:14 am
As a Tiger fan, glad the Hogs got the "best man."  Morris is a good coach, but probably the 4th best in the AAC.  The whole "saved Dabo's" job is a nice bedtime story to tell the kids.  Somehow recruiting and coaching a player 1 year gives you a claim to a National Championship that is won 2 years after you leave.  Somehow Morris is responsible for Clemson's two CFP years and National Championship, but Tony Elliott isn't. 

If you look at the trajectory of SMU, Morris had the Ponies back to June Jones level (7-6, 8-5).  The whole "tougher academics" as an excuse for recruiting at SMU is a myth.  Somehow, the basketball program has had no problem getting , ahem, players.  All schools except for the military academies have ways to get borderline student/athletes on campus and keep them on campus.  Yes, even Vanderbilt.   

Glad my Tigers are getting to keep the better offensive coach, better special teams coach, and better recruiter.  I believe Memphis will be playing in a New Years Day bowl before a Morris lead Hog team does so.
Pure troll. You joined just to post that. Arkansas would beat Memphis regardless who is coaching at Arkansas on any given year. Yeah good luck with that new years bowl. 10 win season and Memphis is headed to the Liberty Bowl. I hope the team enjoys their walk over to the stadium.

rickm1976

Same here.  I was underwhelmed until I heard first hand from someone who coached with him (at a university, not HS).  We may have just gotten a great coach and a great person.  I sure hope so.

rljjr

Wow. Tiger High a little full of themselves at the moment. Not surprised since they don't know how to handle success. Listen up, you have your coach because we chose someone else. He wanted out. As a rule your coaches keep a bag packed in case they get a better job -- anywhere. Memphis is a coaching laboratory where young up and comers can ply their trade and practice being head coaches.

You might make a NYD bowl next year because your conference was just pillaged of all the decent coaches in it. You are now the tallest midget. Congratulations.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: 901king on December 09, 2017, 07:34:14 am

Considering that Mfs State has never come close to smelling a NYD Bowl, what basis do you have to think anything is going to change?  It's just not in your gene pool.

RazorSax

Man, that fan sure is salty.

Got himself a staff that couldn't get out of the metropolis of Memphis. They must be going places. A swim in the Mississippi after practice, maybe.

_Hamlet_

I dont think you were wrong. Were going to get rocked this next year.

_Hamlet_

This makes no sense.  You're drastically changing your opinion because of how someone speaks?? Hitler was a good speaker too.

rljjr

Quote from: _Hamlet_ on December 09, 2017, 08:15:33 am
I dont think you were wrong. Were going to get rocked this next year.

Well, we just have to lace 'em up and see. I'll remain optimistic much like CBPs first year.

_Hamlet_

Quote from: rljjr on December 09, 2017, 08:19:03 am
Well, we just have to lace 'em up and see. I'll remain optimistic much like CBPs first year.

The same optimism you had for CBB for 5 years?

Hogarusa

How do u know if you are wrong when his record is 0-0?
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

b-ball coach

We can't be worse than we were under BB, but CBB talked a good game... I hope CCM is more of a doer than a talker.

_Hamlet_

Quote from: b-ball coach on December 09, 2017, 08:26:08 am
We can't be worse than we were under BB, but CBB talked a good game... I hope CCM is more of a doer than a talker.

As of now he is a talker.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: _Hamlet_ on December 09, 2017, 08:26:38 am
As of now he is a talker.

What else could he be at this point?  We spent 6 horrible years with talkers who could never be doers.  I'm willing to take a chance.

razorprep

Well, I was wrong about being wrong...  interesting to read through this short thread and realize just how bad we, as fans, really do want our team to do well.  I tried to 'buy in' to CCM and give the PTB the benefit of the doubt.  I should have went with what I knew to be the truth.  Bad hire. 

demonHOG1013

Quote from: b-ball coach on December 09, 2017, 08:26:08 am

Boy, this quote didn't age well.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Ahem, at some point after Chad's hire I tried to be positive because I'd rather be wrong and have my team succeed.  But this just goes to show that first impressions can often be correct if they are backed up by facts.

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 04, 2017, 01:10:12 pm
Dave Bartoo is CFB Matrix. He crunches a ton of data to predict games and also to grade coaches and coordinators relative to the talent they have recruited. Basically the coaching effect of that guy.  He has no dog in the hunt and is an unbiased numbers guy. He graded Morris low.

The guy on Finebaum was a fit/leadership guy. Again unbiased with no favorite again grades Morris low for AR job

So two independent guys say based on their metrics he would not be that great but Texas and Clint by Gawd

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 04, 2017, 11:55:58 am
Hate to keep repeating this but.....

The year before June Jones arrived SMU won 1 game. In June's second year he won 8. It has taken Chad one extra year to get to almost the same level, and I'm sure many would claim Morris is a better recruiter and coach than Jones. Morris is following the exact same trajectory as his predecessor. Nothing more nothing less. He has done a decent job but not remarkable. His recruiting classes are bottom half of the AAC. But then the Chad Fadders will try to explain that away just like they have to explain away his record. If you have to do that much splaining it should be a giant red flag

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 04, 2017, 12:42:18 pm
Bo is slime just shows if Morris is hired he will not be in the least bit objective same as with his buddy Bert. I'm sure his next YouTube special will be Chatting with Chad

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 04, 2017, 12:08:51 pm
At some point you are your record. If you have to do that much explaining well... lets just explain away Bert's record and recruiting. Only thing people can see is well he can croot Texas. If he was at Tulsa and was a an Oklahoma high school coach prior with same record, wouldn't even get a look

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 05, 2017, 03:51:28 pm
If Morris is indeed the hire rest assured the GOBN is alive and well with Jerruh leading the charge. The over emphasis of Texas ties above record shows that because they are stuck in the past. Morris was the conservative safe choice because he fits their mold.  How could a young guy with no Texas ties like Norvell come in and be successful.  And Monte's kid is just a disrespectful little smart ass.  Venables well you see Chad Morris Texas by Gawd.

For a state that prides itself on hating Texas these old low T'ers sure do have an obsession with it.

Just funny how if he was all that and a bag of chips the two Texas schools who have had openings the last two years took a hard pass. Maybe it's because their expectations are higher. Let's hope ours are too but if not it will still be like the good ole days when FogHorn LegHorn and Yosemite Sam ran the show

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 05, 2017, 02:49:29 pm
Yeah but the steady diet of the Chad Morris Alpo is cause for concern. Started with Clint, then Bo, now the rest are falling lock step. One thing I said if it was Morris get ready for the media telling us why he's all that
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hawg1221

Don't worry. You're not the only one. I looked back at some of my older posts about Morris and I look pretty bad.

jhogg

October 28, 2019, 09:34:54 am #28 Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 09:49:59 am by jhogg
you can count me has being wrong also, I supported coach getting more time but not anymore. a change has to be made to keep the program from falling further into the dumpster
100% Razorback