Previous topic - Next topic

3dawghawg

CATCH US IF YOU CAN by the DC5 or Life in the fast lane

jumpinjohogsaphat

"Life in the fast lane"  -Eagles

hogoffate

I can't drive 55 - Sammy Hagar

Porknoxville

Start of born to be wild always fired me up.

rljjr

Ugly Uncle

petal to the metal and moving on...
Retired Radio Host

Hopeful Hog

Wow! How old is our fan base?? Sammy Hagar? The Eagles? Are any of these people still alive?!?

theFlyingHog

ATLHog

"Life Is A Highway" (you choose who did it better Tom Cochrane or Rascal Flatts)

Birminghog

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on December 08, 2017, 11:56:48 am
Wow! How old is our fan base?? Sammy Hagar? The Eagles? Are any of these people still alive?!?

The Eagles have made more $$ than most of us will ever see and have more respect from their peers than most of us will ever have.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Birminghog on December 08, 2017, 12:12:32 pm
The Eagles have made more $$ than most of us will ever see and have more respect from their peers than most of us will ever have.

They were the highest grossing musical act of the 20th Century weren't they? They've made more money than every member of this board combined.... Except for Ricepig maybe.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

plumbhog

Nothing gonna stop us now. Starship
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: Birminghog on December 08, 2017, 12:12:32 pm

So did the Beatles and Elvis but no program in 2018 is gonna choose one of their songs either. It's about being relevant now, not when you were young.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on December 08, 2017, 12:27:44 pm
So did the Beatles and Elvis but no program in 2018 is gonna choose one of their songs either. It's about being relevant now, not when you were young.

I guess that's why they never play Crazy Train by Ozzy or any Journey or anything like that at the stadiums.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HamIAm

What, you have to quit being a fan when you pass 30 now?

HogPharmer

Quote from: HamIAm on December 08, 2017, 12:31:02 pm

Apparently. I'm only 28 but I like all the old stuff.

Good luck with donations and funding from the fans when you get rid of anyone over 30 years old. I'd be willing to bet the majority of donors and season ticket holders are over 30.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Eastbound and down Jerry Reed
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

ToddW

"Life in the fast lane". Is the most appropriate.  #HAMMERDOWN
I bleed Cardinal, Go Hogs!

1highhog

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 08, 2017, 12:32:26 pm
Apparently. I'm only 28 but I like all the old stuff.

Good luck with donations and funding from the fans when you get rid of anyone over 30 years old. I'd be willing to bet the majority of donors and season ticket holders are over 30.

I'd be willing to bet they all are.

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: HamIAm on December 08, 2017, 12:31:02 pm

No! Not at all! I just mean if your picking a theme song for a guy whose main job is to relate to teenagers you probably don't wanna pick a song from before they were born...or even thought about being born.

grassroothog

War pigs. Black Sabbath. With the sirens.

hoglady

I asked my daughter over a decade ago if she wanted a ticket to  The Eagles at Verizon. She said absolutely not. Then after the concert she figured out she actually loved all their songs - she just didn't realize that's who sang them and has regretted not going ever since.

Good music spans generations.
Heck I love Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin (my mothers generation).
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HogPharmer

Birminghog

Quote from: 1highhog on December 08, 2017, 12:36:51 pm
I'd be willing to bet they all are.

Lol. I remember when I was in my 20's, a friend of mine in his 40's bought a new red Porsche 911. He proudly took it home and immediately showed it off to his 16 year old daughter. Instead of being impressed, she looked at him disdainfully and said, "Oh, daddy, old people don't drive cars like that." Quick as a bunny, he looked at her and said, "Yes they do, honey, because young people can't afford them."

I learned a lot in that moment. It's amazing what you can learn if you keep your ears open and your mouth shut.

PIGGTOWN HAM

Rob Zombie - Two Lane Blacktop. I'm not a fan of his by any means but I remember this song from an old NFS game, it's actually cool and always got me pumped.

HogPharmer

Quote from: hoglady on December 08, 2017, 12:40:33 pm
I asked my daughter over a decade ago if she wanted a ticket to  The Eagles at Verizon. She said absolutely not. Then after the concert she figured out she actually loved all their songs - she just didn't realize that's who sang them and has regretted not going ever since.

Good music spans generations.
Heck I love Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin (my mothers generation).

I would have loved to have seen them before Glenn Frey passed away. There's a documentary about them on Netflix. If you ever have the chance, I'd highly recommend watching it. It's pretty awesome.

Hopeful Hog

I'm not saying the music isn't good, I like old stuff too, but if you're trying to talk to a 5* from South Beach I doubt you're gonna hit him with some white trash rock or Hotel California. It's about being able to relate to a 16 to 17 year old kid, and let's face it teenagers are stupid and illogical.

Birminghog

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 08, 2017, 12:48:12 pm
I would have loved to have seen them before Glenn Frey passed away. There's a documentary about them on Netflix. If you ever have the chance, I'd highly recommend watching it. It's pretty awesome.

The "Hell Freezes Over" tour and subsequent recording was epic.

Semper Hogelis

"Hammer Down"- Cross Canadian Ragweed
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

Count Hogula

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 08, 2017, 12:29:19 pm
I guess that's why they never play Crazy Train by Ozzy or any Journey or anything like that at the stadiums.

I've seen Ozzy twice. First time in Wurzburg, Germany in 1978.

Van Halen's first world tour was the opening act.

HamIAm

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on December 08, 2017, 12:38:59 pm
No! Not at all! I just mean if your picking a theme song for a guy whose main job is to relate to teenagers you probably don't wanna pick a song from before they were born...or even thought about being born.
Makes sense

davril98

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

OkieBack

I Did it My Way - Frank Sinatra!!!

OkieBack

Quote from: grassroothog on December 08, 2017, 12:39:52 pm
War pigs. Black Sabbath. With the sirens.

Sabbath.  Lol.  Now that would be interesting!  Hey, it's been used a million times and kids these days I know have heard it in a million sports movies they've watched but Thunderstruck is my all time fav to get your team revved up.

greenEGnHAWGS

"Here Comes the Boom" - POD

...unless he pulls Venables, then it'll be...

"Smooth Criminal" - AAF
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: OkieBack on December 08, 2017, 01:49:55 pm
Sabbath.  Lol.  Now that would be interesting!  Hey, it's been used a million times and kids these days I know have heard it in a million sports movies they've watched but Thunderstruck is my all time fav to get your team revved up.

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Birminghog

navyhog24

Highway to the Danger Zone

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Birminghog on December 08, 2017, 01:56:05 pm
Agreed. That tune should have been stopped years ago.

Lol, yeah it was pretty awful!!  :)

HogPharmer

Quote from: Birminghog on December 08, 2017, 12:50:45 pm
The "Hell Freezes Over" tour and subsequent recording was epic.

That's my favorite Eagles album. When I was a kid, I'd wake up every morning and absolutely blast "Get Over It" to start my day. I was probably 5 years old. I think that album came out in 1994 if I remember correctly.

AHiD

Regardless of what we decide about this, whenever we play Auburn we need to play "Take the Money and Run"
My name...is Jerruh

AHiD

I personally am partial to "Life in the Fast Lane"
My name...is Jerruh

hammy davis jr

Sammy Kershaw - Chadillac style

DoubleReedHawgCaller

The only way I know
Jason Aldean
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Ex-Trumpet

DoctorSusscrofa

We may be old but we're still immature!
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Ex-Trumpet