Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ETA on DC?

Started by mj4president, December 08, 2017, 09:08:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

Surely by no later than next Monday, right?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

FraggleHog

Well, based on players' tweets and the fact that we have notified Vernon Hargreaves that he will not be retained, my opinion is that CCM and the team know who their DC is, and they are finalizing paperwork prior to making it public.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

mj4president

Quote from: FraggleHog on December 08, 2017, 09:15:31 am
Well, based on players' tweets and the fact that we have notified Vernon Hargreaves that he will not be retained, my opinion is that CCM and the team know who their DC is, and they are finalizing paperwork prior to making it public.

So that'd be today I bet.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

King Kong

If it is Hobby or Venables are the top options it will be a while.

The_MardDog

If the players know names, then we should start hearing something real soon.

DuckTalesLOL

What tweets would that be? That one Pulley Tweet was about himself, not the DC.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Squealers

Quote from: King Kong on December 08, 2017, 09:19:36 am
If it is Hobby or Venables are the top options it will be a while.

As much as snagging Venables would be the coup of the century, I don't see that happening.
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

HamGrowsOnTrees

It will start leaking by 4pm today.

FraggleHog

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on December 08, 2017, 10:14:45 am
What tweets would that be? That one Pulley Tweet was about himself, not the DC.

If it was about him, he wouldn't have deleted it... Just sayin'

FraggleHog

Quote from: HamGrowsOnTrees on December 08, 2017, 10:48:53 am
It will start leaking by 4pm today.

On another thread, you appeared to know a lot about Morris' offensive scheme... Makes me curious if you actually know something, or this is the typical "Presser at 4" joke?

Redhogs

Quote from: mj4president on December 08, 2017, 09:08:32 am
Surely by no later than next Monday, right?
no..how many times you gonna push this guy?...SORRY WRONG THREAD...MY BAD... :'( :'(
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

DuckTalesLOL

Quote from: FraggleHog on December 08, 2017, 10:51:23 am

Ah, come on. You think if a bunch of college kids knew who the DC is, they'd all collectively keep their mouths shut? I agree though it is suspicious.

Snout team

Quote from: FraggleHog on December 08, 2017, 10:51:23 am

I don't know about that.  The tweet came off as somewhat arrogant.  Someone may have told him it didn't make the best first impression with a new coach.  Of course, I'm not in the mind of Mr Pulley.  He is indeed a "good one".  So I could be wrong.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

AandB

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on December 08, 2017, 11:30:52 am
Ah, come on. You think if a bunch of college kids knew who the DC is, they'd all collectively keep their mouths shut? I agree though it is suspicious.

Doubt you'd want to be the one coach went straight too after seeing you post it on social media.

Captain Hogthrob

I suspect the target may still be playing for something. No inside info but the other spots filled quickly so....
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hopeful Hog

I'd try not to get your hopes up for the likes of Venables or Hobby. It's more than likely Chizik, which I'm fine with.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on December 08, 2017, 11:30:52 am
If their coach told them to be quiet I'd expect them to be quiet. But I doubt they know at this point

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on December 08, 2017, 12:03:44 pm
I'd try not to get your hopes up for the likes of Venables or Hobby. It's more than likely Chizik, which I'm fine with.
Where is this smoke coming from other than HV? Didn't Chizik quit coaching to be with his family who will be in Auburn for one more year?

Captain Hogthrob

If you listened to Venables interview with Bo at the BA. He told a pretty long detailed story about when he was at KState and they had an opportunity to win their way into NC contention.Short version, his big regret was that word got out that he was interviewing for a head coaching gig and he thought people blamed him and that for the loss because it was a distraction. I honestly thought he was a candidate for HC who didn't want word out at the time I heard it. He may or may not be a real candidate but there was something a bit odd about the interview. Maybe because he WAS a HC candidate and nothing more but we shall see. I'm tickled pink with our hire so, to me, Venables  would just be gravy. Delicious, hard nosed, disciplined, punishing, gravy...:P
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

HamGrowsOnTrees

I think the dc hire is going to stun you guys but not because it overwhelms you.

hogcam

Quote from: HamGrowsOnTrees on December 08, 2017, 12:27:05 pm
I think the dc hire is going to stun you guys but not because it overwhelms you.
Coach B?

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Kenny Hawgins

Soooo underwhelming?
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

MissippHog

Well, spill the beans....

hobhog

Because........,

OkieBack

Eh, if not Venables then I suspect it will be a "hey, how about that" moment.  Morris is an offensive guy and is building his assistants in order of priority to him.  All I hope is he pulls in a DC that has spent time in some serious P5 trenches.  I don't want a DC who has consistently had the 101st defense in the country.  Morris needs to make good on a quality DC.  No exceptions.

SooieGeneris

It couldn't be more stunning than a Tim Horton as HC hire would have been, talk about underwhelming..

Yet there were some on here and in the media pushing it like he had 4 NCs and 3 Super Bowls rings.

There will be a lot of unhappy Hog fans if the DC is a LB coach at Sam Houston State or someone like that.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

PIGGTOWN HAM

What exactly did Pulley tweet?

Hogtrillian

Quote from: PIGGTOWN HAM on December 08, 2017, 01:10:23 pm
What exactly did Pulley tweet?

I know one thing @coachmorris Got One Of The Best in The Game. palm tree emoji. purple devil emoji.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Captain Hogthrob on December 08, 2017, 12:20:11 pm
If you listened to Venables interview with Bo at the BA. He told a pretty long detailed story about when he was at KState and they had an opportunity to win their way into NC contention.Short version, his big regret was that word got out that he was interviewing for a head coaching gig and he thought people blamed him and that for the loss because it was a distraction. I honestly thought he was a candidate for HC who didn't want word out at the time I heard it. He may or may not be a real candidate but there was something a bit odd about the interview. Maybe because he WAS a HC candidate and nothing more but we shall see. I'm tickled pink with our hire so, to me, Venables  would just be gravy. Delicious, hard nosed, disciplined, punishing, gravy...:P
MATURE LANGUAGE ALERT
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

mj4president

Wouldn't mind seeing us make a run at ol Sly Croom.

online-with-swine

Maybe the purple devil is a purple horned frog?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: mj4president on December 08, 2017, 01:16:07 pm
Wouldn't mind seeing us make a run at ol Sly Croom.

Dude was a fabulous DC.!!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hogtrillian

Maybe, but he has to be talking about a DC since CCM has used the similar wording at least twice now in regards to a DC.

PIGGTOWN HAM

Quote from: Hogtrillian on December 08, 2017, 01:13:11 pm
I know one thing @coachmorris Got One Of The Best in The Game. palm tree emoji. purple devil emoji.

Interesting. Thanks

jry04

Quote from: Hogtrillian on December 08, 2017, 01:13:11 pm
He is talking about himself and the palm tree is referring to being on an island. Pulley is saying he is one of the best in the game.

PIGGTOWN HAM

Quote from: jry04 on December 08, 2017, 02:06:34 pm
He is talking about himself and the palm tree is referring to being on an island. Pulley is saying he is one of the best in the game.

You are correct. They have no idea who it is going to be, at least as of about 4 pm today the individual I spoke to did not.

jimmiewkersh

If an announcement extends more than two weeks, you know it is a coach who is coaching in some of the last games of the season.  Maybe we get to wait and see, maybe it is announced Monday.  I will just enjoy the ride.

HOGMAN31

No sources here, but what about Butch Davis?

GoldCoastHog

Quote from: HOGMAN31 on December 08, 2017, 08:42:54 pm

I could definitely work with this.

hog_fan

The man isn't leaving a HC job.

HOGMAN31

GoldCoastHog

Quote from: HOGMAN31 on December 08, 2017, 08:48:10 pm
He makes $1 million year.

We're looking to pay $1.5- 2mm/ year, so it's plausible.

Billy Bats

What's the hurry?  Get the best guy.  Pump the brakes, take a breath and get the best guy. 

Flrazrback

We are in the left lane with hammer down. Ain't got any stinking brakes.. lol

ThundrHawg

Pork Twain

Well shoot, I wanted to know when and who was going to be hired, I would surely ask Hogville.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

SchrodingersHog

We may not know when the DC will be announced, but we do know he will be the best DC in the country.