Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your expectations are too low....

Started by synthartist69, December 08, 2017, 03:13:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

synthartist69

Guys, coach Morris can potentially win a lot of games his first year. We have a lot of experience returning to the field next year. Add in a few hot recruits, an improved defense and offensive line and we can win 7 to 8 games, maybe more. Heck, even Cole Kelly put up some serious points at times under that dreadful offensive line, imagine what he can do now. This awesome kid has a year of experience under his belt coming in, if he gets the job. Coach Morris will modify his style to work with what we have and who he recruits for next year so I think we will be okay. You are all used to watching BB do nothing but gain another 100 lbs over his tenure here. Bad clock management, horrible play calling, horrible everything. This thing can potentially take off and be respectful in year one. All this class and praise for BB is nothing but BS. He did nothing but make out with about 30 million dollars. Yeah he is a nice guy, I'm sure.... but can't recruit, can't coach... and he gets 30 million? Most of us on this board cannot recruit or coach, other than from our recliners..... maybe we should all get 30 million so people will tell us how classy we are.

The Kig

Poker Porker

Aunt_Razorback

Mood on Hogville seems great with high expectations from what I've read. I loved Coach BB, was really hoping he could turn things around game wise. For the future I am excited by CCM and the talent he can continue to get out of our current players and his recruiting new ones. Looks like a lot of people are really excited judging by the board :)

synthartist69

Definitely more folks are excited than previously... still several doom and gloomers or just fans who are in caution mode.

synthartist69

The Hawg Marshal

I'm cautiously optimistic. I think there is enough talent coming back and the schedule sets up well for us to have a 7-9 win season. But if the players don't pick up the system real fast and the defense and O-line continue to struggle it could be 4-5 wins. I hope for the 7-9  of course.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: synthartist69 on December 08, 2017, 03:13:50 am
Guys, coach Morris can potentially win a lot of games his first year. We have a lot of experience returning to the field next year. Add in a few hot recruits, an improved defense and offensive line and we can win 7 to 8 games, maybe more. Heck, even Cole Kelly put up some serious points at times under that dreadful offensive line, imagine what he can do now. This awesome kid has a year of experience under his belt coming in, if he gets the job. Coach Morris will modify his style to work with what we have and who he recruits for next year so I think we will be okay. You are all used to watching BB do nothing but gain another 100 lbs over his tenure here. Bad clock management, horrible play calling, horrible everything. This thing can potentially take off and be respectful in year one. All this class and praise for BB is nothing but BS. He did nothing but make out with about 30 million dollars. Yeah he is a nice guy, I'm sure.... but can't recruit, can't coach... and he gets 30 million? Most of us on this board cannot recruit or coach, other than from our recliners..... maybe we should all get 30 million so people will tell us how classy we are.

This team has some major talent deficits.  They may have been more talented than 4 wins, but not a lot more.  They're going to have to go get some guys.

A quarterback that weighs nearly 3 bills isn't going to run Chad Morris' offense very well.  Kelley's not the answer. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jgphillips3

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on December 08, 2017, 08:49:54 am
This team has some major talent deficits.  They may have been more talented than 4 wins, but not a lot more.  They're going to have to go get some guys.

A quarterback that weighs nearly 3 bills isn't going to run Chad Morris' offense very well.  Kelley's not the answer. 

I would say we have some talent holes that can be patched by a coach willing to adapt his scheme to talent (which CCM will) more than talent deficits.  Add to that a schedule that has 6 games that are either should win or probably should win with 3 other games that are possibilities and you get the 7 wins.  We'll see.  If he infuses the team with that enthusiasm like Nutt did in 1998, we could see a similarly inspired effort.

arkansashogs

Well said, i mentioned it to many damn people here yesterday. if coach morris can find a reliable QB option at the beginning of the season, this team can win 9 games easily. he got weapons.

People's expectation are dramatically dropped down in 5 year span after Petrino era, credit to Bielema.

Quote from: synthartist69 on December 08, 2017, 03:13:50 am

hogsanity

Quote from: arkansashogs on December 08, 2017, 09:05:25 am
Well said, i mentioned it to many damn people here yesterday. if coach morris can find a reliable QB option at the beginning of the season, this team can win 9 games easily. he got weapons.

People's expectation are dramatically dropped down in 5 year span after Petrino era, credit to Bielema.

Umm, offense has not been the problem. He has to find some SEC defenders.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE