Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas should join the Big 12

Started by SoonerBaHog, December 07, 2017, 09:42:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SoonerBaHog

Everybody agrees the SEC is the toughest conference.  Everybody wants to win.  Most say Arkansas cannot recruit against the SEC.  So why not join the Big 12 and get back to the old stomping grounds of the Southwest Conference days?

PonderinHog

DEVICEHIGH

Ask Texas to leave and maybe we will consider it.
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

HogPharmer

Quote from: SoonerBaHog on December 07, 2017, 09:42:17 pm
Everybody agrees the SEC is the toughest conference.  Everybody wants to win.  Most say Arkansas cannot recruit against the SEC.  So why not join the Big 12 and get back to the old stomping grounds of the Southwest Conference days?

We can't win here so let's go to a sucky conference so we can maybe get into the CFP and still prove why we don't belong there? You're an idiot.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

SoonerBaHog

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on December 07, 2017, 09:45:12 pm
Ask Texas to leave and maybe we will consider it.

I think it would be great to play the despised Texas Longhorns every year. 

Paul

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 07, 2017, 09:45:28 pm
We can't win here so let's go to a sucky conference so we can maybe get into the CFP and still prove why we don't belong there? You're an idiot.

diamond hog 12

Most say join a Big 12 board and post there. So why not join a board that discusses Big 12 crap there.

ur

No way. We own the Grove for at least the next 6 years. Free buffet catered by hotties. Can't give that up. Unless they move the game to Jackson.  ;)

redeye

In all honesty, there are likely 2 reasons why we won't consider moving to the Big 12.  The first is money.  The second is due to much of the reason we left the SWC and that's because Texas was getting ready to screw us.  Texas is still screwing some of our former SWC members in the Big 12 today, so why would we consider returning to that?

If not for all that, I wouldn't mind.  Truth is that we'd likely recruit Texas better and that would help us compete.  I also enjoy the SEC immensely, so I don't really care what we do, except that remaining in the SEC is smarter.  We don't want to be in the Big 12 during the next round of conference expansions, because we could get stuck in a Big 12 without Texas, Oklahoma and maybe OSU.

mizzouman

Texas has ruined that conference. 

DeLoss Dodd quote when Texas was struggling and we left for the SEC. 

"Take a team like Missouri.  "Our bad years are not that bad. Take a school like Missouri. Our bad years are better than their good years."

This quote is resonate during the bowl game.

BR

Money....  that's it... check out what each conference gives back... no comparison.... SEC NETWORK .... BIG 12 no network
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

195bc

No, not everyone agrees the SEC is the best conference. The SEC is currently ranked the second best conference by several of the computer rankings. Last year wasn't so great either. The West is tough, but the conference as a whole has been down for a few years.

Melancholy_Pigg

I would rather get beat by Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M (thanks, Bielema, hope you are enjoying the money you didn't earn) and whoever our off year foes might be Georgia, Florida, Tennessee....

Well I'd rather get beat by them than Baylor, Kansas State, Iowa State, the Big 2.

We wouldn't be any better off. 

Rayzback

A little early in December to be having the monthly Big 12 debate.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

idochog

Enough already. $$$ too good in the Sec plus we dont have to put up with Texas BS
I love Jesus!

Hogs run wild

we were treated like the red headed step child in the SWC. it was a conference led by UT. glad to get away from that and anything UT related.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

Hawghiggs

Not the Big 12. The New SWC.

( New SWC)

1. Arkansas
2. Kansas
3. New Mexico
4. Oklahoma
5. Oklahoma state
6. TCU
7. Texas
8. Texas A&M
9. Texas Tech

Hoggy Hogalot

I'm sure the U of A has MILLON$ of reasons why they don't want or would even consider leaving the SEC.

$$$$$$$$

FullTiltBoogie

The money is the big issue. I personally love the SEC and the competition we have in the West. We get some of the recruits we get simply because we ARE in the SEC. I would imagine we would lose some of the recruits if we were in a different conference.

SoonerBaHog

Quote from: Hawghiggs on December 07, 2017, 10:01:56 pm

( New SWC)

1. Arkansas
2. Kansas
3. New Mexico
4. Oklahoma
5. Oklahoma state
6. TCU
7. Texas
8. Texas A&M
9. Texas Tech

And add the two Kansas teams in there for good measure.

HogPharmer

Quote from: SoonerBaHog on December 07, 2017, 09:46:41 pm

I think it would be great if you would loan your avatar to someone else and never post here again.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HogPharmer

Quote from: SoonerBaHog on December 07, 2017, 10:04:37 pm
And add the two Kansas teams in there for good measure.

I'm still seeing only 4 for sure winnable games.

Paul

Quote from: SoonerBaHog on December 07, 2017, 09:46:41 pm
Tuck Fexas.. don't care about the so called rivalry.  They are & have been & will continue to be insignificant

NuttinItUp

mizzouman

( New SWC)

1. Arkansas
2. Kansas
3. New Mexico
4. Oklahoma
5. Oklahoma state
6. TCU
7. Texas
8. Texas A&M
9. Texas Tech
You DO NOT WANT to be in the same club as Texas.

Billy Bats

Billy Bats

So it boils down to Arkansas has traded wins and competitiveness for money.  Cash to be a doormat.  Great. 

David†

Have a stadium debate while you're at it.

ballz2thewall

ain't gonna happen. we're in for the long haul
The rest of the frog.

Hollywood870

( New SWC)

1. Arkansas
2. Kansas
3. New Mexico
4. Oklahoma
5. Oklahoma state
6. TCU
7. Texas
8. Texas A&M
9. Texas Tech
Add Baylor, Houston, and SMU. Rice instead of New Mexico.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HamIAm

Can we make a filter that automatically sends these posts to the trash where they belong.

The Hawg Marshal

Yeah let's crawl to the Big12 with our tail between our legs and beg Texas for their scraps. No thanks, I'd rather see if CCM get get us competitive again in the SEC.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: mizzouman on December 07, 2017, 09:53:20 pm
Texas has ruined that conference. 

DeLoss Dodd quote when Texas was struggling and we left for the SEC. 

"Take a team like Missouri.  "Our bad years are not that bad. Take a school like Missouri. Our bad years are better than their good years."

This quote is resonate during the bowl game.

Why we got out of the SWC, that 'tude right there. Texas has ruined every conference they've been in with their arrogance.

They were preparing to bolt the SWC themselves with A&M, but couldn't due to the politicians in TX butting in, threatening to withhold funds. We were going to be left on our own.

Then we beat them to the punch, went to the SEC along with USCE. We had to play 2 more seasons in the SWC before we could join the SEC, got treated like traitorous crap, they cried a Red River.

In 1994, the basketball team played down there in the NCAA. It was worse than playing on the road. The players were spat at, cursed in every way possible, the band played at halftime and was booed mercilessly.

A security guard got in the face of one player, a very nice young man, and our player was berated and cursed for leaving their precious widdle conference.

Those of us old enough to remember all that would never want to be a part of a conference with those orange buffoons.

I don't think the SEC will ever take them in as they would act all snooty like they were too good to associate with the riff-raff of the SEC.

The real reason would be that they couldn't take their ball and go home and are afraid of the cut-throat competition in the SEC.

Bullies can't stand anyone who stand up to them and call their bluff. That's what they were and we have no reason to think they've changed. As long as they are in the Big 12, not a chance, even if the money was as good.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

MC_Hog

Matt Burks

Because as Ric Flair says, "To be the best, you gotta beat the best." And as Jimmy V said, "Never give up. Don't ever give up." The Razorbacks would do the opposite of those to mantras if they left the SEC.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Hired a Texas coach and an AD actin Houston, would t doubt if that may be in the cards on down the road.

jvanhorn

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 07, 2017, 09:43:31 pm
Because Texas and Oklahomo sux.

Not to mention Oklahoma State, and TCU, and sometimes Kansas State and Iowa State.  It is really not that bad of a conference any more, if Baylor hadn't screwed up it would be even stronger.

MavND1973

Sure!!! While we're at it, can I go back to my ex-wife and have the removal of my soul completed?

jvanhorn

Quote from: Matt Burks on December 07, 2017, 11:15:28 pm
Because as Ric Flair says, "To be the best, you gotta beat the best." And as Jimmy V said, "Never give up. Don't ever give up." The Razorbacks would do the opposite of those to mantras if they left the SEC.

Well if we were getting ready to play a team of simple slogans I would certainly want you on my side, lol.

jvanhorn

Quote from: MavND1973 on December 07, 2017, 11:30:11 pm
Sure!!! While we're at it, can I go back to my ex-wife and have the removal of my soul completed?

Bitterness is sooo self destructive.  Quit that--or she wins.

Matt Burks

Quote from: jvanhorn on December 07, 2017, 11:31:33 pm
Well if we were getting ready to play a team of simple slogans I would certainly want you on my side, lol.
Lol sometimes it's the simplest of messages that gets the point across the clearest.

jvanhorn

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 07, 2017, 11:11:49 pm
Why we got out of the SWC, that 'tude right there. Texas has ruined every conference they've been in with their arrogance.

They were preparing to bolt the SWC themselves with A&M, but couldn't due to the politicians in TX butting in, threatening to withhold funds. We were going to be left on our own.

Then we beat them to the punch, went to the SEC along with USCE. We had to play 2 more seasons in the SWC before we could join the SEC, got treated like traitorous crap, they cried a Red River.

In 1994, the basketball team played down there in the NCAA. It was worse than playing on the road. The players were spat at, cursed in every way possible, the band played at halftime and was booed mercilessly.

A security guard got in the face of one player, a very nice young man, and our player was berated and cursed for leaving their precious widdle conference.

Those of us old enough to remember all that would never want to be a part of a conference with those orange buffoons.

I don't think the SEC will ever take them in as they would act all snooty like they were too good to associate with the riff-raff of the SEC.

The real reason would be that they couldn't take their ball and go home and are afraid of the cut-throat competition in the SEC.

Bullies can't stand anyone who stand up to them and call their bluff. That's what they were and we have no reason to think they've changed. As long as they are in the Big 12, not a chance, even if the money was as good.

I wouldn't worry about them being in the Big 12 much longer.  They are going to take their Longhorn Network and become an independent like Nortre Dame.  Herman is probably the coach that can get them there.  Cause, you know, Texas, is way better than the rest of the country.

ShadowHawg

Mediocrity finds a way to be mediocre. Houston Nutt said if we played Kentucky and Vanderbilt more often we would win many more games and then proceeded to have a mediocre combined record against them.

Mediocrity finds a way.

I am in no way saying the new coach would be mediocre but I do believe that cowards who seek less competitive situations eventually fall back to being mediocre once the new wears off.

Philip Seaton

No Arkansas should join the Pac 12. Seriously, all of those west coast teams. Come on, this conversation gets old. It is not going to happen, so why have it?

jvanhorn

( New SWC)

1. Arkansas
2. Kansas
3. New Mexico
4. Oklahoma
5. Oklahoma state
6. TCU
7. Texas
8. Texas A&M
9. Texas Tech

I am not joining any conference that texas is in.  can live with all the rest Kansas State, Iowa State.,  If it wasn't for basketball Kansas wouldn't even exist.  Now there is a football program that is a real honest to god dumster fire.  Where coaches go to die.

Cale

Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

hawaiianhogster

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Memhogs

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no..... The reason we have half decent recruiting right now is cuz were in the SEC... we sucked for a few years under BB and now we all the sudden want to leave the SEC. DUMB! loser mentality
Thats why they make chocolate and Vanilla, some folks like chocolate, and everyone else has bad taste.

hawaiianhogster

Stop showing the world you'd rather be a wimp and leave the tough SEC because we are little ole Arkysaw