Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congratulations De'vion Warren

Started by PORKULATOR, December 08, 2017, 08:14:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PORKULATOR

Our only freshman on the All SEC freshman team.
Sad that we only had 1 and it was a special teams returner, but great job on his part.
Curl deserved to be on here simply on number of balls defended and numerous bad calls on him by SEC zebras.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Polecat

Warren could be very explosive in the slot next year and on some gadget plays. Has the speed and quickness the new regime is looking for
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MissippHog

Quote from: Polecat on December 08, 2017, 08:20:51 am
Warren could be very explosive in the slot next year and on some gadget plays. Has the speed and quickness the new regime is looking for
I'm expecting big things out of Warren with our new offense.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

311Hog

AirWarren

Quote from: 311Hog on December 08, 2017, 09:58:12 am
warren and hammonds i cant wait...

Warren, Hammonds, and the explosiveness Jones showed against Mizzou....think we are going to have some high flying offense.

howie76

I got a feeling next year a lot of hog fans are gonna be saying " look at that.. where has all this speed been!"  I believe there's numerous athletes on this team that's just scratched the surface of what their capable of doing

SamBuckhart

Congratulations, Mr. Warren. Wooo Pig!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

ChicoHog

Quote from: PORKULATOR on December 08, 2017, 08:14:26 am
Sad that we only had 1 and it was a special teams returner, but great job on his part.
Curl deserved to be on here simply on number of balls defended and numerous bad calls on him by SEC zebras.
Good call on Curl. I think he did fairly well and was by himself many times. 

HogPharmer

Quote from: howie76 on December 08, 2017, 10:10:00 am
I got a feeling next year a lot of hog fans are gonna be saying " look at that.. where has all this speed been!"  I believe there's numerous athletes on this team that's just scratched the surface of what their capable of doing

Unfortunately, I think most of us have known where it's been. It's been on the sidelines. We just had a stubborn previous coaching staff that refused to use it.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

1highhog

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 08, 2017, 12:26:21 pm
Good call on Curl. I think he did fairly well and was by himself many times. 

He did have several bad calls against him, but that's going to prepare him for future success and he's going to be a great corner for us.

Roadhog82

If Chase Hayden hadn't got hurt he would've been another one. Curl should have been too

Uncommon

Hate that I missed his only kick return touchdown against Auburn.  I was too busy walking back to the car from the stadium.

sooiebaby

Truth. Curl did all he could as a freshman thrust into playing corner in the SEC. That young man will play on Sundays. He and Pulley are set to be shut down corners for us next year, and i expect both to end up drafted eventually.
The problem with todays society is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

Snout team

Congrats to Warren

I believe Curl got burnt several times at the end of the year because those bad calls got into his head.  After getting flagged a few times he became less aggressive.  I believe he and Pulley have an opportunity to make the new DC look really good next year.  Now, if we can just get pressure on the QB
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

ChicoHog

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 08, 2017, 02:20:36 pm
Congrats to Warren

I believe Curl got burnt several times at the end of the year because those bad calls got into his head.  After getting flagged a few times he became less aggressive.  I believe he and Pulley have an opportunity to make the new DC look really good next year.  Now, if we can just get pressure on the QB
having "shutdown" corners is what allows teams to blitz more often.  Almost all the top teams play mostly man and have great corners.  Even if their front 4 is not generating pressure they can blitz their LBs.  hard to do that when you don't have quality corners.  Pulley is good and maybe Curl will get there but we have not had that type of player in our secondary very often.   

PORKULATOR

Quote from: 311Hog on December 08, 2017, 09:58:12 am
warren and hammonds i cant wait...
don't forget Hayden. He's faster than both of em.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PORKULATOR

CCM uses underclassmen a lot. We definitely should have a few young men on this list next year.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: howie76 on December 08, 2017, 10:10:00 am

I agree. We were under using our speed that we did have on offense.  Get these players with the ball in space

I hope I can say the same on defense.

Hogwild

Quote from: Roadhog82 on December 08, 2017, 12:32:12 pm
If Chase Hayden hadn't got hurt he would've been another one. Curl should have been too

Curl was good, the SEC was loaded with freshman DBs.

Greedy Williams from LSU was 1st all-SEC, and you had the two freshman DBs from Florida (Wilson and Henderson)  Henderson was Florida's leading scorer the first month of the season (he had pick 6 against Michigan & Tenn.)

jimmur74

Guys Curl may end up being good but their were plenty of times he got straight beat. I mean plenty. Im not sold on him just yet

smb

GeorgiaHOG

hawgmasta

Quote from: jimmur74 on December 09, 2017, 11:32:18 am
Guys Curl may end up being good but their were plenty of times he got straight beat. I mean plenty. Im not sold on him just yet

He did but it's also hard to cover when the d line was getting no pressure and the opposing quarterback had five plus seconds to throw. I think he's gonna be a great one.