Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Venables is (probably not) coming to Arkansas

Started by CattleCorn, December 07, 2017, 09:06:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CattleCorn

December 07, 2017, 09:06:44 am Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 10:35:27 am by CattleCorn
My source is someone on the team.  Coach Morris told the team yesterday, "THE best defensive coordinator in the country is coming here."  Only one person that could be...  ;)

ambien_sky

forrest city joe

Quote from: CattleCorn on December 07, 2017, 09:06:44 am
My source is someone on the team.  Coach Morris told the team yesterday, "THE best defensive coordinator in the country is coming here."  Only one person that could be...  ;)
No he's not. stop getting folks hope up for something you know is not going to happen.move on.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

The real Hogules

Bwa-ha-ha-ha, no he is not.
While that'd make the Chad Morris hire a lot more palatable, there's not even the slightest of chances of this happening.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

VirginiaHog

He did say that. But did not name a name. I would assume  knowing his background it is Him. But who knows. I will not hold my breath.

HognotinMemphis

Your source was higher than a Georgia pine when he told you this. It is yet another reason why "sources" are very overrated. Just look at all the bad info that Porktarian's and PRJ's sources gave them.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

007 License To Squeal

That would really raise a lot of eyebrows across the country, but it just sounds too good to be true....but there is always hope.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Hogtrillian

Why would Nick Saban leave a HC gig to become a DC at Arkansas?

ifghog

Guys I think it's possible. Thank you for the info. I thought it was riduculous but if we don't have a D.C. by next week it's probably going to happen.

HoggieStyle

He may very well have said it, but he may not be talking about Venables.

He sure ain't talking about Van Malone.

CattleCorn

Quote from: VirginiaHog on December 07, 2017, 09:11:56 am
He did say that. But did not name a name. I would assume  knowing his background it is Him. But who knows. I will not hold my breath.

You are right--he did not name a name.  But we know who the best in the country is.  Lots of haters in this thread, but my info is legit.  Look at my post history and you'll see I've never brought any false info.  Just happen to know someone in this case.

phadedhawg

Bah....title of thread almost gave me a heart attack.    Would be nice if it did happen but I can't see it

pigz

You guys have a good time frig dancing

TebowHater

Can we delete this thread? The only way - and it's a pipe dream at that - that we get Venables is if we prevent this becoming a distraction to his current team.

If we have a completed staff sans a DC within the next few weeks, it should be clear we are waiting for someone. Venables spoke at length about a previous experience where there were rumors of a coach leaving and his team didn't perform well and said it has disgusted/haunted him ever since. He vowed to never do that to his team moving forward.

Similarly both FOTH and a media member told us explicitly to quit talking about Venables for now and to wait patiently...

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

island hog

I realize that fans want to fan but if it's at all possible that he could come, it would probably be in our best interest to lay low and keep this out of the media.  The last thing we'd want is for some media type ask him pointedly whether he's leaving, during bowl season, forcing him to make a decision now if he hasn't already. 

searkhogfan

Coach Morris may consider Todd Graham the best

bphi11ips

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 07, 2017, 09:10:46 am
Bwa-ha-ha-ha, no he is not.
While that'd make the Chad Morris hire a lot more palatable, there's not even the slightest of chances of this happening.

The people who say this are just as likely to be wrong as the OP.  Nobody knows.  The best guess is probably not, but there are reasons to believe it is possible. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

GrizzlyRider07

I'm as skeptical as the next person about Venables coming here and wont believe it until it happens, but I was just told this very thing this morning from someone that I definitely believe. Everything he's told me pertaining to the Hogs has been true. But he did say unless something drastically changes, that's who is to be believed our new DC will be. Although I am not going to get my hopes up with this one. Just cant see something so outrageous like this happening. We never get great news like this anyways.
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

younghog

Quote from: searkhogfan on December 07, 2017, 09:16:13 am
Coach Morris may consider Todd Graham the best

I hope he has better sense than this..
GO HOGS

Paul

no, Jeremy Pruitt will be announced as Tenn HC soon

The real Hogules

Quote from: CattleCorn on December 07, 2017, 09:14:20 am
You are right--he did not name a name.  But we know who the best in the country is.  Lots of haters in this thread, but my info is legit.  Look at my post history and you'll see I've never brought any false info.  Just happen to know someone in this case.

Having enough sense to realize that Brent Venables is not leaving Clemson, of the ACC to move to a less secure job at Arkansas, in the rugged SEC-W doesn't make one a hater. Simply facing facts doesn't mean that we wouldn't like to see it happen, either. It just defies belief that this is even a possibility.

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

searkhogfan

hogfooey

Quote from: Paul on December 07, 2017, 09:18:11 am
no, Jeremy Pruitt will be announced as Tenn HC soon
I heard he turned it down.
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

jkstock04

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 07, 2017, 09:17:04 am
The people who say this are just as likely to be wrong as the OP.  Nobody knows.  The best guess is probably not, but there are reasons to believe it is possible. 

What reasons are these seriously? Im not sure when or how this rumor got started. Otis Kirk?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

a shady hog

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on December 07, 2017, 09:13:23 am
I'm poppin bottles bawz!
Sorry Pig In The Pokey, but that's funny right there!!!

Chris Ryan

If this is true, then Morris is the best salesman in the country. Recruiting will be a walk in the park compared to this.

HogPokerPlayer

Who knows who he was talking about. The real reason to delete this thread is b/c he is plagiarizing FOTH's post in the Richard Davenport post.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

311Hog

i think the chance he comes here is very real and isn't a pipe dream.  I mean all things considered i would think it is unlikely but if you listen to his first team meeting video you see where he clearly says he was asked why leave Watson and Clemson? he said WHY NOT he loves a challenge and it is very possible Venables does to.

smb

I certainly hope it would be true. We can dream can't we?
GeorgiaHOG

SoonerBaHog

Warrior Way 22

I hope you are right on this. I'd have the same reaction as I did when the Astros traded for Verlander...pure surprise but extreme excitement.
"Warriors should suffer their pain silently."

The real Hogules

Quote from: searkhogfan on December 07, 2017, 09:18:58 am

Please explain

What's to explain? He hopes that Morris doesn't view Todd Graham as "THE best defensive coordinator in the country", because apparently the OP wouldn't share that sentiment.

Peter Porker

The quote confirms what FANONTHEHILL told us, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's Venables.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Michaelt

It all boils down to who CCM considers to be the best. Until he makes the announcement, any name is just a guess.
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: smb on December 07, 2017, 09:23:30 am
I certainly hope it would be true. We can dream can't we?
Sure you can but why would you want to? Fantasizing about the impossible is not healthy. Like listening to these "insider info" guys who tease you into thinking they know something even though their "info" and "sources" are ALWAYS wrong. Apparently they want you to realize they know people and are important.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

steveaustin69

Quote from: 311Hog on December 07, 2017, 09:22:38 am
i think the chance he comes here is very real and isn't a pipe dream.  I mean all things considered i would think it is unlikely but if you listen to his first team meeting video you see where he clearly says he was asked why leave Watson and Clemson? he said WHY NOT he loves a challenge and it is very possible Venables does to.

it's amazing the mental gymnastics people will go through to believe something they want to believe

Hawginj

He could be talking about Brent Venables or he could be talking about Marion Hobby! Venenables isnt provable but he is possible its a dream scenario but if not why not get Hobby coached with Brent has 7 years DC experience, a national championship ring, and NFL/ SEC experience

jaym09

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

King Kong

Quote from: farmhawg on December 07, 2017, 09:22:13 am
Announced. Deal done.

I'm 100% sure the previous poster was being sarcastic

311Hog

Quote from: steveaustin69 on December 07, 2017, 09:27:10 am
it's amazing the mental gymnastics people will go through to believe something they want to believe

did i say i believe he is coming? no i said the chance is real that is all you can ask for.  Let me explain.  if i were to say that Nick Saban is coming to be DC at Arkansas that is stupid and not based in any sort of fact.  Now if i say Venables might come be DC assit. HC here at Arkansas that IS based in a very real possiblity but like anything it is probably unlikely.

hogcards

I doubt this is true, but it would certainly polish things up around here if so.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

pigz

You guys have a good time frig dancing