Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hope Morris Makes It Fun Again

Started by NaturalStateReb, December 07, 2017, 08:41:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalStateReb

To me, the most exhausting thing about watch Razorback football for about 7 years now is that it's been a massive drag.  Even when the team won 7 or 8 games, there were still slow starts, inexplicable losses, and some boring performances.  The bad years were epically bad--motorcycle wrecks, smiles, and second-half collapses.

I don't expect that Chad Morris will come in and immediately set the world on fire, especially with this roster.  What I hope he'll do in the short term is at least make the games fun to watch again with at least the hope of being competitive in every matchup.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

rtr

My wife left at halftime during the TCU game.  She said that since Bielema has been our coach that our team wasn't fun to watch.  She was right.  At the game, it was obvious we weren't a good football team. It seemed like our team played in slow motion.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

RazorChuck

I left when they hired Bielima and this doesn't look any better, maybe I'll check back in 6 years

rtr

Quote from: RazorChuck on December 07, 2017, 08:48:08 am
I left when they hired Bielima and this doesn't look any better, maybe I'll check back in 6 years
I think it is a lot better. 

Tusks

but but but but Chad Morris is sliced bread around here. 
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Michaelt

I believe a few players in some key positions will immediately help with CCM's scheme. I'm just wondering if we have those players on the roster now, of if he'll need to seek some help from Juco players, or perhaps some freshmen who will come in and play from the get go.
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

RazorChuck

December 07, 2017, 08:51:50 am #6 Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 09:12:37 am by NaturalStateReb
Quote from: tusked on December 07, 2017, 08:49:47 am
but but but but Chad Morris is sliced bread around here. 
Right, what was I thinking.

rtr

Quote from: Michaelt on December 07, 2017, 08:51:04 am
I believe a few players in some key positions will immediately help with CCM's scheme. I'm just wondering if we have those players on the roster now, of if he'll need to seek some help from Juco players, or perhaps some freshmen who will come in and play from the get go.

I would think every position is subject to evaluation by the new staff.

OtterHog

Good riddance.

hoglady

Quote from: rtr on December 07, 2017, 08:45:09 am
My wife left at halftime during the TCU game.  She said that since Bielema has been our coach that our team wasn't fun to watch.  She was right.  At the game, it was obvious we weren't a good football team. It seemed like our team played in slow motion.

I agree with your wife.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

farmhawg

That would be perfect, see you then.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

311Hog

man go watch the video of him addressing the players in the first meeting.  omg wow i am so pumped up right now.  I think we are going to break the records that we set when Petrino was here, and no more prevent defense.

clew

Why are you still here posting in multiple threads?
Pure as the dawn

Seebs

You weren't missed. Maybe checking out is the answer.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Palmetto Hog

Our "game experience", from our pregame, the fan game experience and the product on the field has been lacking for a while now.  Hopefully CCM will get the product on the field corrected which will make the overall game experience "Fun Again".

Ray_Finkle

i'm sure you will be missed............

DeltaBoy

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on December 07, 2017, 08:41:26 am
To me, the most exhausting thing about watch Razorback football for about 7 years now is that it's been a massive drag.  Even when the team won 7 or 8 games, there were still slow starts, inexplicable losses, and some boring performances.  The bad years were epically bad--motorcycle wrecks, smiles, and second-half collapses.

I don't expect that Chad Morris will come in and immediately set the world on fire, especially with this roster.  What I hope he'll do in the short term is at least make the games fun to watch again with at least the hope of being competitive in every matchup.

Amen !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.