Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The interview from Morris....

Started by Nipsey Mussle, December 06, 2017, 11:36:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nipsey Mussle

I really like him! No empty catchphrase nonsense like we saw from BB, everything he said had a point and was well thought out.
The bit about him being a HS coach merely blessed to be in the cfb ranks, showed a glimpse into his ability to recruit.
Not saying anyone else has to support him or like him, but I'm certainly coming around.  Though, he may rue the day he said we will be one of the most explosive offenses in the country this year lol.

hawaiianhogster

Can you put the link for that interview on here please?

PorkRinds

Quote from: What's Shakin' Macon on December 06, 2017, 11:36:46 pm
I really like him! No empty catchphrase nonsense like we saw from BB, everything he said had a point and was well thought out.
The bit about him being a HS coach merely blessed to be in the cfb ranks, showed a glimpse into his ability to recruit.
Not saying anyone else has to support him or like him, but I'm certainly coming around.  Though, he may rue the day he said we will be one of the most explosive offenses in the country this year lol.

Uh...he used lots of catchphrases and coach speak. Don't be dumb.

hawaiianhogster

Thank you Sir! He has me excited!!!!!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 06, 2017, 11:42:13 pm

And they all do.  It's not a negative.  It's a hallmark of branding, building a culture.  It gets old to fans when they don't win but it's a bit absurd to bash Bielema and ignore that Morris is doing the same thing.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hawaiianhogster

Uh...he used lots of catchphrases and coach speak. Don’t be dumb.
You rather him say we're bringing a boring ass style of football to put everyone to sleep in their seats?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 06, 2017, 11:45:01 pm
And they all do.  It's not a negative.  It's a hallmark of branding, building a culture.  It gets old to fans when they don't win but it's a bit absurd to bash Bielema and ignore that Morris is doing the same thing.

Yep. They ALL do it. No point in denying the obvious.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on December 06, 2017, 11:45:43 pm
You rather him say we're bringing a boring ass style of football to put everyone to sleep in their seats?
I liked everything he said just fine. Just pointing out that the OP was wrong.

hawaiianhogster

I like see you get your ass up in front of everyone and tell them what the hell your going to do with your offense.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on December 06, 2017, 11:47:13 pm
I like see you get your ass up in front of everyone and tell them what the hell your going to do with your offense.

What the hell are you talking about?

redeye

I think the OP's point is that he wasn't using terms like "uncommon" and trying to market ideas.  Which I understand, because Bielema seemed more concerned with using his marketing degree, than coaching football, at times.

PorkRinds

Quote from: redeye on December 06, 2017, 11:54:25 pm
I think the OP's point is that he wasn't using terms like "uncommon" and trying to market ideas.  Which I understand, because Bielema seemed more concerned with using his marketing degree, than coaching football, at times.

His catch phrase is #tempo. 

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 06, 2017, 11:55:53 pm

Which of course means "play fast".

Could he mean that he wants to play fast?
This is my non-signature signature.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 06, 2017, 11:57:35 pm
Which of course means "play fast".

Could he mean that he wants to play fast?

I hope he does. I don't have an issue with coach speak and catch phrases. Let's just not pretend he doesn't use them.

4me2know

Wow you're really moron

PorkRinds

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 06, 2017, 11:59:00 pm
I hope he does. I don't have an issue with coach speak and catch phrases. Let's just not pretend he doesn't use them.

Then why is there a whole page of bickering back and forth about it?

Honest question??

Does it matter?

This is my non-signature signature.

Count Hogula

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on December 06, 2017, 11:47:13 pm

POW!!!

Count Hogula

Nipsey Mussle

Do you mind reminding me what all of these catchphrases were?

Nipsey Mussle

You're a special kind of obtuse, aren't you?

#tempo is not a catchphrase, more like a brand. Uncommon, #1-0, flashing woo pig signs for whatever, are pointless marketing catchphrases.

Everything Morris said had direct purpose, not just calling attention.

redeye

Yea, he does use that one, because he likes to play fast.

Woopig!   ;)

Nipsey Mussle

Dwight, I respect you as a poster, but please remind me of all the catchphrases he used in the interview?

I'll count along with all of them.

I think it's absurd for anyone to hear the interview and think he used lots of them, but perhaps he did and I'm missing it?

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: redeye on December 07, 2017, 12:16:47 am
Yea, he does use that one, because he likes to play fast.

Woopig!   ;)
And apparently that one means he used "lots."   ;D

4me2know

jst01

Good lord HV has become almost unreadable. All anyone does anymore is argue argue argue

PorkRinds

jgphillips3

Any profession has its "speak".  I try to avoid sounding like my profession too but at the end of the day, dogs bark, lions roar, birds sing...etc.  Coach speak is okay when you are accountable.  When Nolan won, he gave credit to the players.  When Nolan lost, he said it was on the coaches.  THAT is what you want.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 07, 2017, 07:33:04 am
Why are you posting pics of your wife in this thread?

Just stop. Ignore the ignorance before you get bant.

bp

mhuff

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 06, 2017, 11:45:49 pm

You're right and I would think it better to be optimistic rather than pessimistic if you want to circle the wagons and rally the troops. Plus, you have to present hope like in the brand that people will once again want to flock to the stadium. It's much better than come on out and watch our team get their brains beat out ,and don't forget to cover your children's eyes. I want to see jubilant fans again and happy little kids with snouts on their noses making fantastic memories.

PorkRinds

Quote from: mhuff on December 07, 2017, 08:13:31 am
You're right and I would think it better to be optimistic rather than pessimistic if you want to circle the wagons and rally the troops. Plus, you have to present hope like in the brand that people will once again want to flock to the stadium. It's much better than come on out and watch our team get their brains beat out ,and don't forget to cover theirs eyes. I want to see jubilant fans again and happy little kids with snouts on their noses.

Don't disagree.

Inhogswetrust

I've never had a boss that did not use some catch phrase or two.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Michaelt

Quote from: What's Shakin' Macon on December 06, 2017, 11:36:46 pm

So far I've enjoyed what snippits I've heard from him. Like yourself I don't believe he used empty phrasings; of course every coach is going to use phrases and make statements to get the fan base and athletes interested in what is happening, but so far I haven't heard him make a statement just to fill space.
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

rickm1976

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 06, 2017, 11:45:49 pm

Yeah most of them do.  Just once I would love to hear one of these younger coaches get up an be as blunt and gruff as the Bear.  It would be a hoot.

hamARchy in the USA

Hopefully he can back it up.  By the time this interview was conducted Morris had had plenty of time to scrutinize the roster to see what talent he was going to have available to work with so I expect what he says is what he believes.

JONAS

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on December 06, 2017, 11:45:43 pm

🤣🤣🤣

Southpointhog

This guy here needs a hobby, besides Hogville!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Southpointhog on December 07, 2017, 09:08:01 am
This guy here needs a hobby, besides Hogville!

When you get a brain to think for yourself I'll get a hobby. Deal?

farmhawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 06, 2017, 11:48:37 pm
What the hell are you talking about?
I think he is talking about your ass and offense......
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

PorkRinds

Quote from: farmhawg on December 07, 2017, 09:12:59 am
I think he is talking about your ass and offense......

Just wondering what my ass and offense has to do with anything.

farmhawg

I'm not sure....is it an offensive ass? Maybe he is infatuated with it? No pics needed......
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

PorkRinds

Quote from: farmhawg on December 07, 2017, 09:15:43 am
I'm not sure....is it an offensive ass? Maybe he is infatuated with it? No pics needed......

I've been told I have the ass of a Greek god, but I'm not sure if I would agree.

farmhawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 07, 2017, 09:17:49 am
I've been told I have the ass of a Greek god, but I'm not sure if I would agree.
uhhhhhh we will take your word for it.....
From theflyinghog