Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I would LOVE to see Morris bring back Tim Horton...

Started by DocHawg, December 07, 2017, 08:22:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DocHawg

There is no RB coach listed online for SMU last year, so Morris may not use one.
Horton made $325 last year at Auburn. I wonder what it would take to bring him back home. Honestly, I don't think it would be about money, but whether how attached he is to Gus and Auburn.

ricepig

Jeff Traylor was the SMU RB coach, he's now the interim coach with a shot at becoming the HC.

PorkRinds

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

bob slydell

Quote from: DocHawg on December 07, 2017, 08:22:13 am
There is no RB coach listed online for SMU last year, so Morris may not use one.
Horton made $325 last year at Auburn. I wonder what it would take to bring him back home. Honestly, I don't think it would be about money, but whether how attached he is to Gus and Auburn.

I pay my kind more than 325 bucks a year in allowance.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

DocHawg

He is consistently ranked as one of the best recruiters in college football.
There is a reason he is the lead Auburn recruiter on Bohanon

http://www.decaturdaily.com/sports/auburn_football/auburn-football-rb-coach-tim-horton-has-landed-some-big/article_748a141f-782b-5559-b031-7ac987bf830a.html

https://247sports.com/Coach/Tim-Horton-277/AllTimeRecruits

He knows the "system" and could bring knowledge and experience for the Auburn system.

Has coached some of the best RB's in SEC history at Arkansas and Auburn ( Tre Mason, Darren McFadden, Cameron Artis-Payne, Knile Davis, Felix Jones,  Kamryn Pettway, Michael Smith and Jonathan Williams just to name a few)

He is more of a Razorback than anyone on this board. (Born and raised in Fayetteville, Dad coached for the Razorbacks, Played for the Razorbacks, Coached for the Razorbacks, sister Cheered for the Razorbacks etc...)

His family is the second biggest football family in Razorback history, second only to the Broyles. Arkansas High School coaches love him and his family.

He nearly singled-handedly kept our recruiting class together during the early weeks and months of the Petrino transition.

Many wanted him to be the interim Head Coach instead of JLS after the Petrino firing.

Only reason he went to Auburn is Bert did not retain him.

Plus, he is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. He is a great coach, person, and would be an asset to the Fayetteville community.

Other than that....

jackflash

if he not going  to keep Lunney I am all for Horton

DeltaBoy

I say keep Lunney and get Tim Horton back home.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

31to6

Quote from: DocHawg on December 07, 2017, 08:22:13 am
Hopefully Morris will use some of the position coaching slots to bring in recruiters.

I am leery of Horton simply because of the irrational support he seems to have from a few money guys. Feels like bringing a political problem into the staff.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

rhog1

Tim Horton is too politically connected here. What coach want's a guy who people will be saying should be the head coach. Much better to keep Lunney. Plus Lunney is a great Arkansas recruiter and TE coach.