Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chad Glasgow

Started by Mark_Freeman, December 07, 2017, 10:31:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark_Freeman

Coach just said his shortlist for DC (because Venables is not happening) included guys he's coached against. SMU lost to TCU this year. The Horned Frogs D is likely shaped by Patterson, but is coached by Glasgow. Bet he's somewhere on the list.

jst01

Heard that. Also thought of some ACC defensive teams he faced while at Clemson. Not sure which way he will go with the DC

Mark_Freeman

Quote from: jst01 on December 07, 2017, 10:35:02 am
Heard that. Also thought of some ACC defensive teams he faced while at Clemson. Not sure which way he will go with the DC

Just looked a LITTLE at ACC coaches and aside from Pruitt (was at FSU, but just took Tenn), Grantham (I believe was at UGA, now at Fla) & Mike Stoops (no thanks) I'm drawing blanks from his last year at Clemson.

Oklahawg

Thinking he might pull a position coach from Clemson and promote them.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ChicoHog

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 07, 2017, 10:41:58 am
Thinking he might pull a position coach from Clemson and promote them.
I can see that.  Biggest key is a recruiter for defensive players.  We need a lot of help on that side of the ball.  A pass rusher, some safeties (losing a few DBs to graduation also), some LBs; you name it-we need it.