Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hunter Yurachek FULL University Press Release (IN POST)

Started by Scott Marshall, December 04, 2017, 05:16:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Marshall

December 04, 2017, 05:16:09 pm Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 05:36:45 pm by Scott Marshall
Hunter Yurachek Named University of Arkansas Athletic Director
Yurachek, the current vice president for athletics at the University of Houston, will be introduced to the state later this week.
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – University of Arkansas Chancellor Joseph Steinmetz announced today the appointment of Hunter Yurachek as vice chancellor and director of athletics, effective immediately. Yurachek currently serves as the vice president for athletics at the University of Houston.

He will be formally introduced to the state and to members of the media later this week at a time to be determined.

"I am thrilled to welcome Hunter to the Razorback family," said Steinmetz. "He possesses the experience, the management skills and the passion to have an immediate impact on our university. I know that as Razorbacks around our state and country get to know him, they will know that we are in good hands. We welcome Hunter, Jennifer and their children to Arkansas."

During the 2016-17 academic year, 11 of the 17 varsity sports programs at the University of Houston qualified for NCAA postseason competition, teams won five American Athletic Conference team championships and 21 individual conference titles. Prior to arriving at Houston, Yurachek served as Director of Athletics at Coastal Carolina University, where Coastal won 29 Big South Conference championships. Yurachek was named Under Armor FCS Athletic Director of the Year in 2014. He has also worked at the University of Akron, the University of Virginia, Western Carolina University, Vanderbilt University and Wake Forest University.

"The opportunity to serve the Razorback program is both humbling and exciting," said Yurachek.  "There is so much already in place, and we will quickly build on that foundation to win championships. We will do so with integrity and while continuing to be a great source of pride for the entire state of Arkansas.  I want to thank Chancellor Steinmetz and those involved with the search process. Jennifer, myself and our family cannot wait to join the Arkansas Razorback family."

A native of Richmond, Virginia, Yurachek earned a bachelor's degree in business management from Guilford College in 1990 and a master's degree in sports administration from the University of Richmond in 1994.  He was a four-year letter winner in basketball at Guilford. Yurachek and his wife, Jennifer, have three sons, Ryan, Jake and Brooks.
"I want to thank the members of the advisory committee," added Steinmetz.  "Lance Harter, Ben Hyneman, Gerald Jordan, Stacy Lewis, Peter MacKeith, Rick Massey and Bill Montgomery all who provided invaluable input into the search and candidates. I also want to recognize the excellent vetting and background work conducted on the final candidates by executive search firm Korn Ferry."

Yurachek has agreed to a five-year contract worth $850,000 a year.

livevanguy

Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dirty

3of5-2

I'm concerned about his statement "there so much already in place, and we will quickly build on that foundation and win championships." "We will do so with integrity and while being such a great source of pride for the entire state of Arkansas." Sounds like a JL line to me.

hoglady

Quote from: 3of5-2 on December 04, 2017, 05:41:44 pm
I'm concerned about his statement "there so much already in place, and we will quickly build on that foundation and win championships." "We will do so with integrity and while being such a great source of pride for the entire state of Arkansas." Sounds like a JL line to me.

He's no Jeff Long.
He'll take some risks - he hired Major Applewhite.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Wild Bill Hog

A politically correct appeasement statement to any JL huggers.

rljjr

I forgot that Jeff Long had the sole rights to the word integrity.

moses_007

Yurachek almost doubled his salary.  He was earning $450,000 a year at Houston.

Razor_Hawgs88

How many of you got sick to your stomach when he said "we will do so with integrity?"

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Razor_Hawgs88 on December 04, 2017, 07:45:40 pm
How many of you got sick to your stomach when he said "we will do so with integrity?"

Robert E Lee was a man of Integrity!  Yankees like Long use it to calm your nerves while he stuffs his Carpet bag with Tax payer and Foundation Cash!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

go hogues

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 04, 2017, 08:22:18 pm
Robert E Lee was a man of Integrity!  Yankees like Long use it to calm your nerves while he stuffs his Carpet bag with Tax payer and Foundation Cash!
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

SemperHawg

Dude...come on...Dude

HoggyCat

Heard the "introduction" is today at 10 AM. What news channels will carry it? (Throughout all corners of the state, for those hat aren't blessed to love over there)
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

axharbor

Jesus Bob Holt, already started with the stupid @$$ softballs.  Must be awfully easy to get media credentials.

RonBurgundy

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on December 06, 2017, 09:15:47 am

Please tell me you idiots aren't serious....

Pecos Hog

Picked this out of the ADG article this morning.    I laughed.    I'm starting to really like this guy.

"I just talked to Coach Anderson," Yurachek said. "I said I went from Saturday that being a great win to today that being a bad loss."

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/dec/07/yurachek-says-football-needs-to-get-rig/