Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will someone in the media have some savvy and ask Morris

Started by Tusks, December 06, 2017, 10:26:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: DukeOfPork on December 06, 2017, 10:34:15 pm
Well, his answer would obviously be "Chad Morris would want to coach at Arkansas".

Next question.

+100
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Dominicanhog

Tusks

Sorry guys I forgot at the UA that a press conference is really a pep rally.

Carry on lemurs
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

wachhog

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 06, 2017, 10:46:53 pm
Paul Finebaum stated it as fact on his show.

When Bret criticized Gus's offense. Morris was defending Gus. Said "Why would anyone want to coach at Arkansas anyway.". I think it was when Bret was at war with no huddle.

I have not seen anyone dispute it.

No one will ask him about it though. To be fair to Morris he never thought he would be here.
Blame Bret and not Morris.Bret hurt Arkansas
in many ways besides making it look like a sure-fire coach killer: first
by criticizing modern football that he didn't understand, secondly, by having  such a loud mouth and thirdly by not backing up his  loud mouth on the field of play. Had I been a practitioner of the spread or a Texas high school coach, I would have ripped the school w
where he coached as well. Just for hiring him.
It is obvious to me that the PTB wanted Gus, and, when they couldn't get him, hired a guy that resembled him in his earlier days that they could get.
At least. he ain't Bret.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HBTHogs on December 06, 2017, 10:31:28 pm
I've read on this board that he said that, but I can't find it.  Do you have a link?  Not doubting you, would just like to read it for myself.
He don't have a link of any other type of proof for that matter.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 06, 2017, 11:29:38 pm
Media will be too busy fighting for a spot in his colon to ask any pointed questions, valid or not.

You know, that's not the best way to compliment someone. Maybe you misinterpreted "butter him up."
[CENSORED]!

Hogfan46

Quote from: tusked on December 07, 2017, 07:28:21 am

Carry on lemurs

Kevin

he may not address it straight on. but since the firings, all the people in the press conferences have mentioned a lot of the problems discussed on here. so it would not surprise me if he does not say something.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TexasHam

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 06, 2017, 10:28:19 pm
No because real life isn't a free for all for yokels to show how stupid and ridiculous they are. In real life, you gotta learn respect, dignity, and self control. Real life would be difficult for most of you.
.  That is awesome.   

HogShat

After reading some of the idiotic posts and replies on here for the last couple weeks I would have to wonder the same thing! Geeezus guys! With a portion of the fan base that acts like this, why would anyone want to come here?? If even a small fraction of you knew what you think you do about football, you wouldn't be on here bitching and moaning all the time, you'd be in the running for this job or a coaching position somewhere! I admit, I thought Bret was gonna be exactly what we needed and take us to the next level. I thought we would win way more games this year, heck every year. A lot of us did. We were wrong. I have decided to stick to what I know and that is fighting fire, carpentry, welding and the outdoors. Outside of that I am a fan of the Fairview Cardinals, The Hogs and The 'Skins. I think Monden and company are gonna be really good the next couple years at CF! If they aren't I'm not gonna trash the guy at every turn! I don't think Cousins is the answer at QB. I still pull for him to get it done tho! I think Morris is a solid hire and should bring some excitement. If he doesn't, I aint gonna put on a sackcloth and pour ashes on my head!  I am a  fan. I am gonna pull for whomever is there, because someone who knows a hell of a lot more than me put them there. And if they don't work out, the PTB have proven that they can and will try and find someone else to get it done. I think there's a bunch more on here that would be well served to take the some approach, because what you think, in the grand scheme of things, really doesn't matter!! It's a done deal! Get over it or kick rocks! WooPig!!

k.c.hawg

I know for an absolute fact that he didn't say it. 100% definite. There is zero proof but you will just have to believe me.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

PorkRinds

I feel like the savvy move is NOT asking him that question.

oldhawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 07, 2017, 08:10:39 am
I feel like the savvy move is NOT asking him that question.

Probably will follow Morris forever.  I am still hear from time to time Lou Holtz's comment about Fayetteville "It's not the end of the road, but you can see it from there."

Lou had his days in the sun at Arkansas, and my guess is that Morris will too.

If Morris indeed made the comment, it probably now falls in the category of "wish I had not spoken those exact words" ------ a place I am sure that we all have been in at one time or another.

Situations change. The alleged comment is a nonissue with me, time to look for current and timely indications of what kind of impact Chad Morris is going to have on the Razorback program   

Tusks

um um um coach morris, do you like my shirt?

uh uh uh coach i notice you have on shoes, do you plan to wear them every day?

ok no more questions, call those hogs!

arkies have now gone full aggie.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hogsanity

More likely they will all have the savvy NOT to ask that, especially since there is no proof he ever said it.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

southeasthog

Quote from: k.c.hawg on December 07, 2017, 08:02:19 am
I know for an absolute fact that he didn't say it. 100% definite. There is zero proof but you will just have to believe me.

But Finebaum said..........

BallHog1

Quote from: tusked on December 06, 2017, 10:47:42 pm
I'm not good at searching hogville but I've read it a dozen times on the board.

I'm trying to find it on google but even searching 2015 chad morris, everything is about the hire.

I thought he made the comment in 2014 or 2015 and I'd like to know the context.
So you're source so far is that you've read it on Hogville??
Great, let us know know how using Hogville as a source goes for you.

hobhog

Quote from: tusked on December 07, 2017, 08:33:48 am
um um um coach morris, do you like my shirt?

uh uh uh coach i notice you have on shoes, do you plan to wear them every day?

ok no more questions, call those hogs!

arkies have now gone full aggie.

here is a savvy question for you: why do you keep pushing for a response to a comment that no one can proves exist? Do you work for the National Inquirer?

The Kig

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on December 06, 2017, 11:02:27 pm
I just literally laughed until tears. +1

Really?  Your bar for funny must not be very high...
Poker Porker

EastArkHog 47

What difference does it make and why should we care what Morris said before he became the Razorbacks coach. The only thing that matters is that he wants to be here now, but if something he may have said really bothers you, then you should go to Fayetteville and march, protest and otherwise act a fool.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: cjack on December 06, 2017, 10:32:54 pm
Exactly.   Which is why you don't make fun of a program without expecting to be called on it when you go to work for them. No biggie.

Got a source? Google yields literally zero results for this quote associated with Morris, except for Hogville.

Unlike the other dude, I AM doubting y'all.

Athog

Quote from: tusked on December 06, 2017, 10:26:22 pm
in the presser tomorrow about his quote 'who would want to coach at AR'. 

I'm not wanting a confrontation but I'd like his side of the comment and the context for which it came.

I'd also like him to be aware that fans are aware of the comment.

Up until butter got to the hill, the hogs have always done well against he aggies.  Morris has a job to do and he's getting paid to do it.  It's not like he's doing the Razorback any favors and slumming it with the hogs.

What is the purpose of the question if not for confrontation?? Let's also be real at this time Arkansas does not have the reputation outside Arkansas of being an elite program. I think we do have the reputation as having SOME fans who are not to know much about the state of football in Arkansas.

hobhog

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on December 07, 2017, 08:55:09 am
Got a source? Google yields literally zero results for this quote associated with Morris, except for Hogville.

Unlike the other dude, I AM doubting y'all.

He ignores that fact. This thread needs trashing....

hogfan446

Wow... some people here take this stuff way too seriously.  Is this really all you have to do all day?  Sit around and think of ways for the media to call out our new coach for a quote said several years ago?  Why??  Why do you care about things like this so much?  Surely there are more important things to you than needing to know what context a coach meant in a statement from 4 years ago.  SMH

PorkRinds

It's a bit like CBB talking noise about the SEC. Sometimes an off the cuff joke is said with no real ill will. If he said it, I doubt it was anything more than a joke.

MissippHog

Quote from: HogShat on December 07, 2017, 08:01:00 am
After reading some of the idiotic posts and replies on here for the last couple weeks I would have to wonder the same thing! Geeezus guys! With a portion of the fan base that acts like this, why would anyone want to come here?? If even a small fraction of you knew what you think you do about football, you wouldn't be on here bitching and moaning all the time, you'd be in the running for this job or a coaching position somewhere! I admit, I thought Bret was gonna be exactly what we needed and take us to the next level. I thought we would win way more games this year, heck every year. A lot of us did. We were wrong. I have decided to stick to what I know and that is fighting fire, carpentry, welding and the outdoors. Outside of that I am a fan of the Fairview Cardinals, The Hogs and The 'Skins. I think Monden and company are gonna be really good the next couple years at CF! If they aren't I'm not gonna trash the guy at every turn! I don't think Cousins is the answer at QB. I still pull for him to get it done tho! I think Morris is a solid hire and should bring some excitement. If he doesn't, I aint gonna put on a sackcloth and pour ashes on my head!  I am a  fan. I am gonna pull for whomever is there, because someone who knows a hell of a lot more than me put them there. And if they don't work out, the PTB have proven that they can and will try and find someone else to get it done. I think there's a bunch more on here that would be well served to take the some approach, because what you think, in the grand scheme of things, really doesn't matter!! It's a done deal! Get over it or kick rocks! WooPig!!
Way to many words for your targeted audience.  Condense it down by 80%, use 3rd grade level grammar and add a little anger to it.  That's the only way for some of the simpletons on here to understand.   ::)

hogcards

Ask him.  If he actually made a comment like this, he has to address it.  This is what the media is for.

I'm not convinced he actually said it, so let him explain whether he did or didn't.

If he did, that's a serious problem.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

blurev

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 06, 2017, 10:46:08 pm
Right on the money...  I do not care what Saban has ever said about Arkansas, I would still take him.  I think it only fair to apply that to any coach.

Agreed. Life is ever changing and how you feel one day might not be how you feel tomorrow. It's not like we had some bitter blood feud against the guy where he spent years being our enemy. I worked for Xerox for 15 years. Now I work for a company that is a fully dedicated HPE partner and re-seller. I know I made lots of critical statements about HP equipment back then. Most of us on the board have made derogatory statements against the program when we were frustrated or didn't understand the decision making. We came back next week to support the team.

What do you really want him to say? Obviously, if he is coming to coach here he found something to like. Maybe it was the administration, maybe the campus and surrounding area, maybe the money...either way he decided to get on board with the program.

Atlhogfan1

Carry on lemurs

The introductory p.c. is.  It's why it has been so dumb our fans hold coaches to what they say at them.  "Came here to win the SEC."  Well I would hope so.  "Going to pick them up when they get off the bus and then beat down a bear."  Just stuff said to get fans excited.  If you can't get excited at the start, then it may not go well from this point in getting the fan base rallied especially without winning immediately. 

Wonder how much he has been prepped on the GSD and what to say not to hurt feelings. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hoglady

Why in the heck does anyone care - even if he did say it.

If said - It was when Bret was publicly criticizing Gus' offense and therefore Morris'.

Maybe it was said in the context of "who would want to coach under Bret Bielema".
It was probably more a shot at Bielema instead of the Arkansas program.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

The_Bionic_Pig

I wouldn't doubt that he said it... do I really care - not really!

Remember what Nolan Richardson, Eddie Sutton etc... Said
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogcards

Quote from: hoglady on December 07, 2017, 09:15:20 am

If said - It was when Bret was publicly criticizing Gus' offense and therefore Morris'.

Maybe it was said in the context of "who would want to coach under Bret Bielema".
It was probably more a shot at Bielema instead of the Arkansas program.

Maybe

This is why he has to explain it.

We'll see.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Hogeration

He changed his mind. Easy as that, if he even said it.

hobhog

Quote from: hogcards on December 07, 2017, 09:09:40 am
Ask him.  If he actually made a comment like this, he has to address it.  This is what the media is for.

I'm not convinced he actually said it, so let him explain whether he did or didn't.

No it's not.

And are we sure Lane Kiffin didn't say it? Sounds a lot like something he'd tweet.

HawgTide

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 07, 2017, 07:01:37 am
Apparently "respect, dignity and self control" were in short supply for Chad Morris, too, if he actually said that.

The key word is "IF". I've yet to see any proof Morris said it and honestly after watching so many on here constantly run their sewers I don't give a crap if he did

The Lake Lizzard

Quote from: hogcards on December 07, 2017, 09:21:51 am
Maybe

This is why he has to explain it.

We'll see.

Awe, did hims get his wittle feeling hurt? He doesn't have to explain a dang thing! If he did say it, so what? What are you going to do about it? He's the Arkansas coach now, who care's what he said as a joke several years back.

hobhog

I hope someone with savvy asks him why he shot Lincoln too.....

Razorbackers

Quote from: tusked on December 06, 2017, 10:26:22 pm
in the presser tomorrow about his quote 'who would want to coach at AR'. 

I'm not wanting a confrontation but I'd like his side of the comment and the context for which it came.

I'd also like him to be aware that fans are aware of the comment.

Up until butter got to the hill, the hogs have always done well against he aggies.  Morris has a job to do and he's getting paid to do it.  It's not like he's doing the Razorback any favors and slumming it with the hogs.

You mean while he was recruiting against Arkansas he said something bad about Arkansas?

Who are you, Kliff Kingsbury?

rhog1

Carry on lemurs
It must suck to be this bitter.

hogfan446

Quote from: hogcards on December 07, 2017, 09:09:40 am

It's only a serious problem for fans that have nothing better to do than sit behind the keyboard and critically judge the Athletic Department because they operate like the keyboard warriors think they should.

Paul

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 06, 2017, 10:46:53 pm
Paul Finebaum stated it as fact on his show.

When Bret criticized Gus's offense. Morris was defending Gus. Said "Why would anyone want to coach at Arkansas anyway.". I think it was when Bret was at war with no huddle.

I have not seen anyone dispute it.

No one will ask him about it though. To be fair to Morris he never thought he would be here.
He'll have to answer the question eventually.  I guarantee it

hogsanity

Quote from: rhog1 on December 07, 2017, 10:07:02 am
It must suck to be this bitter.

There are apparently alot of people that get their entire self worth out of who the coach at the UofA is and how many games they win every year. Their lives were going to be a lot better, somehow, if they could go up to people and say " Hey man, Gus coaches the team I follow ". Reality is 99.9% of the people you are around could not care less what team you root for nor who the coach is of said team. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Shorttimer

Carry on lemurs
I'm assuming that you are referencing the animals that blindly follow the pack until they all throw themselves over a cliff to their collective deaths?  Those would be lemmings, not lemurs.

Lemmings closely resemble gerbils, a species that I feel confident you are very familiar with.

Paul

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on December 07, 2017, 09:21:41 am
I wouldn't doubt that he said it... do I really care - not really!

Remember what Nolan Richardson, Eddie Sutton etc... Said
on the way out or gone.  different.  tho I agree it shouldn't be brought up at the press conference, he should address it so it can't be used against him & his new program on the recruiting trail

hogcards

Quote from: hogfan446 on December 07, 2017, 10:11:48 am
It's only a serious problem for fans that have nothing better to do than sit behind the keyboard and critically judge the Athletic Department because they operate like the keyboard warriors think they should.

Nobody mentioned the athletic department.  People are questioning Morris and if the media in Arkansas can man up.

If he said this, he has to explain it.

If he didn't-which I actually tend to believe because I've yet to see proof of it, then we're good to go.

However, if you or anyone else knows he said this and are simply burying your heads in the sand and holding your hands over your ears while screaming "LA LA LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU", that's not my problem.

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

hogfan446

Quote from: hogcards on December 07, 2017, 10:18:37 am
Nobody mentioned the athletic department.  People are questioning Morris and if the media in Arkansas can man up.

If he said this, he has to explain it.

If he didn't-which I actually tend to believe because I've yet to see proof of it, then we're good to go.

However, if you or anyone else knows he said this and are simply burying your heads in the sand and holding your hands over your ears while screaming "LA LA LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU", that's not my problem.

I have no idea if he said it or not, but if he did, I am not losing sleep over it or demanding he explain it.  He's a hog now so just move forward.

hogcards

Quote from: hogfan446 on December 07, 2017, 10:23:14 am
I have no idea if he said it or not, but if he did, I am not losing sleep over it or demanding he explain it.  He's a hog now so just move forward.

Ok

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

ishankem

Hogwaller

You can't prove a negative, especially when there is no record of it ever happening. Why would any professional ask a confrontational question based on gossip? This isn't politics.

oldhawg

Carry on lemurs

"The word 'lemur' is Latin for 'evil spirit of the dead.' "

Be careful what you say, evil is lurking about, and you not want to offend one.  :)