Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will someone in the media have some savvy and ask Morris

Started by Tusks, December 06, 2017, 10:26:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tusks

in the presser tomorrow about his quote 'who would want to coach at AR'. 

I'm not wanting a confrontation but I'd like his side of the comment and the context for which it came.

I'd also like him to be aware that fans are aware of the comment.

Up until butter got to the hill, the hogs have always done well against he aggies.  Morris has a job to do and he's getting paid to do it.  It's not like he's doing the Razorback any favors and slumming it with the hogs.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

SPAL

No because real life isn't a free for all for yokels to show how stupid and ridiculous they are. In real life, you gotta learn respect, dignity, and self control. Real life would be difficult for most of you.

hobhog

HBTHogs

Quote from: tusked on December 06, 2017, 10:26:22 pm

I'm not wanting a confrontation but I'd like his side of the comment and the context for which it came.

I'd also like him to be aware that fans are aware of the comment.

Up until butter got to the hill, the hogs have always done well against he aggies.  Morris has a job to do and he's getting paid to do it.  It's not like he's doing the Razorback any favors and slumming it with the hogs.

I've read on this board that he said that, but I can't find it.  Do you have a link?  Not doubting you, would just like to read it for myself.

cjack

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 06, 2017, 10:28:19 pm
No because real life isn't a free for all for yokels to show how stupid and ridiculous they are. In real life, you gotta learn respect, dignity, and self control. Real life would be difficult for most of you.

Exactly.   Which is why you don't make fun of a program without expecting to be called on it when you go to work for them. No biggie.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

DukeOfPork

Quote from: tusked on December 06, 2017, 10:26:22 pm

Well, his answer would obviously be "Chad Morris would want to coach at Arkansas".

Next question.

checkraiser88

Reporter to Morris tomorrow "Uhh yes Coach, I read on Hogville that you were quoted as saying who would want to come to Arkansas, can you spare 10-12 minutes explaining that"..,

Tusks

Kind of like Morris HADN'T done when he made the quote.

HBTHogs

ShadowHawg

Part of a coach's responsibility is to be in the public eye. He needs to explain that because it is ammunition for those recruiting against us.

Good news is that our media members can't come up with enough vertebrae between them to make a full backbone. He won't be asked.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: HBTHogs on December 06, 2017, 10:31:28 pm
I've read on this board that he said that, but I can't find it.  Do you have a link?  Not doubting you, would just like to read it for myself.

I think it might be one of those mis-attributed quotes that happens on the internet sometimes. I've looked and haven't found a record of it.

Pork Twain

Right on the money...  I do not care what Saban has ever said about Arkansas, I would still take him.  I think it only fair to apply that to any coach.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hogsfan1981

Paul Finebaum stated it as fact on his show.

When Bret criticized Gus's offense. Morris was defending Gus. Said "Why would anyone want to coach at Arkansas anyway.". I think it was when Bret was at war with no huddle.

I have not seen anyone dispute it.

No one will ask him about it though. To be fair to Morris he never thought he would be here.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: tusked on December 06, 2017, 10:37:53 pm
Kind of like Morris HADN'T done when he made the quote.

Where's the quote? Or are you just taking hearsay and running with it to strengthen your butthurt.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

drizzle

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 06, 2017, 10:35:56 pm
Reporter to Morris tomorrow "Uhh yes Coach, I read on Hogville that you were quoted as saying who would want to come to Arkansas, can you spare 10-12 minutes explaining that"..,

Maybe he'll be the Biggers man about all of this.

Tusks

I'm not good at searching hogville but I've read it a dozen times on the board.

I'm trying to find it on google but even searching 2015 chad morris, everything is about the hire.

I thought he made the comment in 2014 or 2015 and I'd like to know the context.

checkraiser88

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 06, 2017, 10:46:53 pm

When Bret criticized Gus's offense. Morris was defending Gus. Said "Why would anyone want to coach at Arkansas anyway.".

LOL!

HBTHogs

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 06, 2017, 10:44:17 pm
I think it might be one of those mis-attributed quotes that happens on the internet sometimes. I've looked and haven't found a record of it.

Me neither.  I found an article on "SEC Country" titled "Who in the world would want to coach at Arkansas" and in that article Morris was mentioned as a possible candidate, but that wasn't his quote.  I don't think he said it.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 06, 2017, 10:46:53 pm

When Bret criticized Gus's offense. Morris was defending Gus. Said "Why would anyone want to coach at Arkansas anyway.".

No one will ask him about it though. To be fair to Morris he never thought he would be here.

Surely there is a transcript or a clip or something of it if it was on Finebaum. I have my doubts, but maybe he did say it. Who knows.

Uncommon

Bob Holt should ask the question.  How could anyone get mad at Bob Holt?

Hogsfan1981

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 06, 2017, 10:50:32 pm
Surely there is a transcript or a clip or something of it if it was on Finebaum. I have my doubts, but maybe he did say it. Who knows.

I didn't like it but he isn't going anywhere and it won't change anything. He was probably just pissed at Bret.

David†

Does it really matter if he said it? He accepted the job. So i would conclude he wants to coach at Arkansas

I'm glad you guys that keep bringing this up have never said anything that you wish you could take back.

hobhog

Quote from: tusked on December 06, 2017, 10:47:42 pm
I'm not good at searching hogville but I've read it a dozen times on the board.

I'm trying to find it on google but even searching 2015 chad morris, everything is about the hire.

I thought he made the comment in 2014 or 2015 and I'd like to know the context.

Hilarious.

BOAR_N2BWILD

I just literally laughed until tears. +1
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Cale

Don't you think it would be something better served not in the national spotlight at the first chance given? Have some tact.
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

hobhog

Quote from: Cale on December 06, 2017, 11:15:13 pm
Don't you think it would be something better served not in the national spotlight at the first chance given? Have some tact.

Or proof it was even said in the first place. Journalism 101.

Fayettechill14

Actually this might be a good idea...

It's important for Morris to know how fragile some Arkansas fans' egos are right up front.

S.A.D.C

Good Lord....
Who cares if he said it.  Can no one make a joke any more without little snowflakes taking it seriously!?    Of all the things to get hung up on- an off hand comment made who knows how long ago in who knows what context- which you can't even confirm with any actual evidence.  Move along. 

Tusks

Quote from: hobhog on December 06, 2017, 11:00:04 pm
Hilarious.

Bite me he made the quote and above it says on Finebaum.  Enjoy the Jim Jones punch.

hogsanity

Quote from: S.A.D.C on December 06, 2017, 11:20:01 pm
Good Lord....
Who cares if he said it.  Can no one make a joke any more without little snowflakes taking it seriously!?    Of all the things to get hung up on- an off hand comment made who knows how long ago in who knows what context- which you can't even confirm with any actual evidence.  Move along. 

you forget, Arkansans have the worst inferiority complex of any group in the world. Everyone is out to get them, make fun of them, keep the down, rip them off, etc.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hogsfan1981

Quote from: Cale on December 06, 2017, 11:15:13 pm

This...he won"t answer that question anyway and the national media would kill us.

Not to mention whomever asks it would be blacklisted.

I didn't like the hire but I'll keep that on Hogville.

These people I see planning mobs to protest the presser have me concerned enough.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: tusked on December 06, 2017, 11:21:37 pm
Bite me he made the quote and above it says on Finebaum.  Enjoy the Jim Jones punch.

Well, bye..
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Hogsfan1981

Quote from: hogsanity on December 06, 2017, 11:21:53 pm
you forget, Arkansans have the worst inferiority complex of any group in the world. Everyone is out to get them, make fun of them, keep the down, rip them off, etc.

I have lived all over. People are mostly the same. Harsh words for what I assume is your home state.

You can argue for Morris without putting Arkansas on blast.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Media will be too busy fighting for a spot in his colon to ask any pointed questions, valid or not. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Pork Twain

Pack up your negativity and head out then.  It is what it is and no amount of bitterness will change it.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 06, 2017, 11:31:50 pm
Pack up your negativity and head out then.  It is what it is and no amount of bitterness will change it.

Yet he's still on. He's like that kid that gets pissed off and says he's going home. He's leaving. Never coming back. But turns around half way out the gate to see if anyone is following him.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

hogsanity

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 06, 2017, 11:27:59 pm
I have lived all over. People are mostly the same. Harsh words for what I assume is your home state.

You can argue for Morris without putting Arkansas on blast.

Morris will make his own argument by how the teams performs while he is the HC. He is the coach, what is the point of people now coming on here and saying bad things about him before he even coaches a practice here much less games?

I have lived here my whole life, worked all over the state and now have clients from all over the state. Arkansas has the ultimate red headed step child syndrome. It is a beautiful state, and it has good people in it, but even the good people are so paranoid about everyone being out to get them it is not funny.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Mjs84

Lmao

Pork Twain

Quote from: hogsanity on December 06, 2017, 11:36:33 pm
Morris will make his own argument by how the teams performs while he is the HC. He is the coach, what is the point of people now coming on here and saying bad things about him before he even coaches a practice here much less games?

I have lived here my whole life, worked all over the state and now have clients from all over the state. Arkansas has the ultimate red headed step child syndrome. It is a beautiful state, and it has good people in it, but even the good people are so paranoid about everyone being out to get them it is not funny.
I have not lived there since 1994 and have lived all over the world since.  I have never seen anything that comes close to the way I see Arkansas fans carry themselves.  Social media and message boards were the worst thing ever for a group that lives their lives feeling sorry for themselves.

sickboy

You need to chill with all the Morris hate. Guy has barely stepped off the damn plane. Life's too short to live in state of perpetual frustration with things you have no control over.

Remember. If there is no solution, there is no problem.

The real Hogules

Apparently "respect, dignity and self control" were in short supply for Chad Morris, too, if he actually said that.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

RazorNick

I'm the one that posted that he had been reported to have said that, but I heard it from Finebaum and you know how confused he is at times.

The real Hogules

Quote from: RazorNick on December 07, 2017, 07:05:47 am
I'm the one that posted that he had been reported to have said that, but I heard it from Finebaum and you know how confused he is at times.

Then shouldn't the head coach that "allegedly" bad mouthed the program that he is now in charge of, prior to accepting a job from that same school, be afforded the opportunity to either deny, or explain the context of his comment???
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

PharmacistHog

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 07, 2017, 07:08:19 am
Then shouldn't the head coach that "allegedly" bad mouthed the program that he is now in charge of, prior to accepting a job from that same school, be afforded the opportunity to either deny, or explain the context of his comment???

Not at his first press conference. That's just dumb.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

RazorNick

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 07, 2017, 07:08:19 am

It wasn't like there was a full segment on it. They were talking about the fact we had zeroed in on Morris and Paul said at the very end: wasn't he the one that said who wanted to coach at Arkansas anyway?

Dominicanhog

farmhawg

You poor thing....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

southeasthog

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 07, 2017, 07:01:37 am
Apparently "respect, dignity and self control" were in short supply for Chad Morris, too, if he actually said that.

"If"

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Uncommon on December 06, 2017, 10:51:50 pm
Bob Holt should ask the question.  How could anyone get mad at Bob Holt?

Bob Holt has the touch of a rapist...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Ozarkhog05

I'm sure there is more to it than this. 2 thoughts. 1) it was when the Gus/Bret no huddle war was going on. 2) Remember that Gus and Chad are friends so he probably had the full story of the one year that Gus was the OC that could have attributed to the comment. But like others have stated there is no evidence that he said it.