Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will someone in the media have some savvy and ask Morris

Started by Tusks, December 06, 2017, 10:26:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kneph13

The first reporter from the Demozette asked that question.
There is no Political Correctness in war

Just think what you each have said about a particular school, like A&M for example.  Then ask yourself, if A&M came calling you with a half million a year job, good benefits and fairly easy work load, wouldn't they immediately become a wonderful place to be, to work, to live for you.  You see, its really all about the circumstances facing you at any given time.  I hope he did have the balls to hammer back at Bret.  So now, maybe if he said that, we can all assume he has some balls and that's a Plus 1 for me.  He also appears to be able to stay awake, on subject, not look dumbfounded, and knows how to shave.  These are all pluses in my opinion.  And if his sorry ass isn't winning games after 3 years, I hope his sorry ass is fired before leaving the field at the end of the third year.  If it becomes impossible to win at Arkansas, then close the durn thing down and quit wasting money on a bloated administration.  Turn the stadium over tho the Ag Department and they can store hay and raise pigs in the place.  There is an old saying.   The two kinds of can't.  "If you can't get it, You can't stay."  That should apply to us.

leroyhawg

Quote from: tusked on December 06, 2017, 10:26:22 pm
in the presser tomorrow about his quote 'who would want to coach at AR'. 

I'm not wanting a confrontation but I'd like his side of the comment and the context for which it came.

I'd also like him to be aware that fans are aware of the comment.

Up until butter got to the hill, the hogs have always done well against he aggies.  Morris has a job to do and he's getting paid to do it.  It's not like he's doing the Razorback any favors and slumming it with the hogs.
This is really Juvenile.
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

k.c.hawg

Quote from: tusked on December 07, 2017, 07:28:21 am
Sorry guys I forgot at the UA that a press conference is really a pep rally.

Carry on lemurs

Signed: Angry Little Man
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Hogwaller

hobhog

Quote from: Kneph13 on December 07, 2017, 10:37:53 am
The first reporter from the Demozette asked that question.

No he didn't. He asked "why Arkansas"?

Not "why did you say something you didn't say?"

Porknoxville

I could give a rats &+&&+ about an of the cuff comment made years ago!
Haters are gonna hate!
Grow up and get on board with this coach!
Go hogs!

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

W_KY_Hog

I don't care even if he did say it. I'm more interested in what's to come.

Semper Hogelis

This would serve no good purpose other than to make the new coach squirm and to be uncomfortable.  The last thing we need.  Let it go.  Good thing we aren't all held accountable for everything we say.  5 years ago I loved the BB hire.  Two weeks ago I was checking to see if the firechadmorris.com domain was available for purchase.  I was wrong.  Been wrong about allot in my life.  Thank god there isn't 100,000's of people keeping track of what I said 5 years ago.  No granted all public figures should be very careful about what the say because it will come to haunt you at some point but lets not go there.  Dude needs support not " I got you".....
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

UA1985

If he said that, the context suggests he meant "why would you want to coach in a slow, boring offensive system like Bielema runs?" I do not think he was criticizing the school or the state.

hogfan98

If he said it there would have been no fewer than 10 topics started on Hogville about it at that time.  So if you can't find proof here that he said it, it's probably safe to assume that he didn't. 

But if he did, people say off the cuff stuff all the time that they don't really mean but say it to make a point.  Sounds like it was in the context of not only defending a friend but also a style of play that he prefers.  Who cares other than butthurt hog fans wanting some sort of "please forgive me" moment so their ego can be stroked.  Awesome way to make a new coach feel welcome.

HogShat

Quote from: 12247 on December 07, 2017, 10:39:06 am
Just think what you each have said about a particular school, like A&M for example.  Then ask yourself, if A&M came calling you with a half million a year job, good benefits and fairly easy work load, wouldn't they immediately become a wonderful place to be, to work, to live for you.  You see, its really all about the circumstances facing you at any given time.  I hope he did have the balls to hammer back at Bret.  So now, maybe if he said that, we can all assume he has some balls and that's a Plus 1 for me.  He also appears to be able to stay awake, on subject, not look dumbfounded, and knows how to shave.  These are all pluses in my opinion.  And if his sorry ass isn't winning games after 3 years, I hope his sorry ass is fired before leaving the field at the end of the third year.  If it becomes impossible to win at Arkansas, then close the durn thing down and quit wasting money on a bloated administration.  Turn the stadium over tho the Ag Department and they can store hay and raise pigs in the place.  There is an old saying.   The two kinds of can't.  "If you can't get it, You can't stay."  That should apply to us.

Exactly!! Except for the shaving part... Some of us need to cover up the ugly...