Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm not going to lie

Started by hogsgolfpro, December 06, 2017, 09:19:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsgolfpro

and in a few years I may regret it, LOL...but boys, I have this feeling in my loins that what we thought was possibly a poor choice, may turn out to be the most fun we've had on The Hill in ages...there is something quietly confident and intriguing about CCM and the amount of national drooling I've seen over this hire says we just may have our diamond in the rough. WPS

Hawginj

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

okrazorback

Quote from: hogsgolfpro on December 06, 2017, 09:19:39 pm
and in a few years I may regret it, LOL...but boys, I have this feeling in my loins that what we thought was possibly a poor choice, may turn out to be the most fun we've had on The Hill in ages...there is something quietly confident and intriguing about CCM and the amount of national drooling I've seen over this hire says we just may have our diamond in the rough. WPS

If there is so much drooling why are we the only ones who offered to hire him.

Lanlord

Quote from: okrazorback on December 06, 2017, 09:28:35 pm

Do you know that?

dfwalumdad

and in a few years I may regret it, LOL...but boys, I have this feeling in my loins that what we thought was possibly a poor choice, may turn out to be the most fun we've had on The Hill in ages..

yeah you should probably get that checked out, are you allergic to penicillin? 

jartiam808

Hey man, I'm with you brotha! Just ask Clemson fans!! We're all about to have a lot to "call those hogs!" about! WPS!!

RazorChuck

Quote from: dfwalumdad on December 06, 2017, 09:32:33 pm
Must be allergic to brains so he had them removed.

hogsgolfpro

It is believed he was #2 for A&M behind Fisher. He was mentioned for TN a lot but maybe he said "no thanks" to that circus show. The only consideration anyone thinks a coach did or didn't get is based on what is supposedly reported. No one truly knows how many universities reached out to him and what his interest was in return. Your point may be valid, it may not be. All I know is Bielema was an incredible hire on paper that anyone would have wanted also and we all know how that ended. This guy meets 9/10 of the criteria we need. The one missing thing is that he isn't some big name coach.... possibly, yet. So if you just want to admit a "name" is more important than multiple criterias to meet our specific needs for a solid program, that would be great. There's about 5 WOW names and none of them want to come to Arkansas for obvious disadvantages.

RockyMtnHog

It is new blood which we needed.  We were tired of the same old stuff
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

3of5-2

Quote from: dfwalumdad on December 06, 2017, 09:32:33 pm
I can't quit laughing at this.

hogsgolfpro

Quote from: RazorChuck on December 06, 2017, 09:35:01 pm
Must be allergic to brains so he had them removed.

I'm sure you could have convinced ol' Kiffin to come up to Fayetteville, right? Maybe Kelly? Shoot, I bet Saban has considered the idea...

bphi11ips

Quote from: hogsgolfpro on December 06, 2017, 09:36:11 pm
It is believed he was #2 for A&M behind Fisher. He was mentioned for TN a lot but maybe he said "no thanks" to that circus show. The only consideration anyone thinks a coach did or didn't get is based on what is supposedly reported. No one truly knows how many universities reached out to him and what his interest was in return. Your point may be valid, it may not be. All I know is Bielema was an incredible hire on paper that anyone would have wanted also and we all know how that ended. This guy meets 9/10 of the criteria we need. The one missing thing is that he isn't some big name coach.... possibly, yet. So if you just want to admit a "name" is more important than multiple criterias to meet our specific needs for a solid program, that would be great. There's about 5 WOW names and none of them want to come to Arkansas for obvious disadvantages.

No one but John Barnhill and Missouri fans ever heard of Frank Broyles before 1958.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

FATHAWG08

Who had heard of Dabo before Clemson rise to the Elite of CFB?
I love off season Football!!

hogsgolfpro

Some of y'all act like since BP was desperate to get out of ATL and take this job that all big names want to come here...it's sad. Nationally, current day, we are considered right there with Kentucky, MS State, Ole Miss, etc...yeah it sucks but take off your rose colored glasses and quit being emotional.

HogNTX

I'm kinda with you. The more I hear, read, and watch about him the more I'm getting a bit excited. I felt like he was a good hire who could open Texas back up for us but probably not championship quality. He'd get us closer but probably not to the top where we'd want to be. However... if he's able to bring in Venables then I may have to change that estimation.

I do have to say that the "highly respected in Texas", "Texas legend" etc is accurate. I coach at a middle school here in Texas and have High School duties on Friday night. Last year at one of our games Morris flew in on a helicopter ... he was recruiting a player on the other team. I had no clue who he was so I asked one of the coaches with me. He said, "That's Chad Morris, head coach at SMU. He's a great coach and even a better guy. Really sharp offensive guru and high school coaching legend." I didn't get to meet him but he made a point to come across and talk to our head coach and staff as well. This meshes with what the word on the street and in the media is about him.                                                                                                                               

Jek Tono Porkins

A&M- Apparently they had Fisher lined up and ready to go.
Florida- Apparently they had Mullen lined up and ready to go.
Nebraska- Same with Frost
Tennessee- Was considering him but is currently a dumpster fire of Wagnerian proportions.
Florida State- Had Willie Taggart lined up and ready to go.

You guys think that coaching searches involve the following: The AD picks up the phone and starts with Saban. If Saban doesn't bite, he moves on to the next best coach, and then the next best coach after that, and then the next best coach after that, etc.

That's not how it works. A coaching search is an ordeal. Universities don't want to drag out the ordeal any longer than necessary so they have realistic candidates lined up and ready to go, and there's a lot of research that goes into figuring out those realistic candidates. Except Tennessee, and look how that's working out for them.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

HognotinMemphis

You were an idiot before you liked Morris and you are still an idiot. You and everyone else has a shiny trinket dangled in front of you with Norvell and you were single minded from then on. And before that, you thought Gus was coming. That was beyond idiotic to believe it possible.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

1HourToHogville

Family member of mine is head football coach at a juco.   Said this was a great hire for Arkansas. I jokingly said we bought Malzahns offense for half price.  He said we got the better coach when comparing Malzahn and Morris. 

Mjs84

Morriss > Gus > Norvell > Bert

hogsgolfpro

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 06, 2017, 09:58:46 pm
You were an idiot before you liked Morris and you are still an idiot. You and everyone else has a shiny trinket dangled in front of you with Norvell and you were single minded from then on. And before that, you thought Gus was coming. That was beyond idiotic to believe it possible.

Never ever wanted Gus. Norvell was my first choice. Didn't know much about Morris. So not sure who "you" is referring to, but the only idiot I see is you and your female-like emotional rollercoaster ride. Grab a Prozac.

Pork Twain

I am the same way.  I really wanted Gus, Venables, Kitten or Norvell and Morris was not even on my radar.  Then I started looking at him and what he has done.  He was a top OC on a top team, that took over a dumpster fire, unlike Norvell who has just kept the train rolling along.  He has been an OC on a team with a top defense and knows what will work with his offense, again unlike Norvell.  He does not bring the drama that Gus or Kitten would have.  The more I look into him, the more I love this hire.  Hell if he were still at Clemson, the thought of him, one of the top OCs in the game, would have probably given most on here a stiffy, but all they can see is SMU.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

strokerhog

I'm ready to get some tickets , I let mine go 3 years ago. Haven't missed many home games in my 56 years but I just couldn't stand to watch BB coach.

Pork Twain

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 06, 2017, 09:58:46 pm
No matter what, you are who you are.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

jvanhorn

Quote from: HogNTX on December 06, 2017, 09:46:21 pm
I'm kinda with you. The more I hear, read, and watch about him the more I'm getting a bit excited. I felt like he was a good hire who could open Texas back up for us but probably not championship quality. He'd get us closer but probably not to the top where we'd want to be. However... if he's able to bring in Venables then I may have to change that estimation.

I do have to say that the "highly respected in Texas", "Texas legend" etc is accurate. I coach at a middle school here in Texas and have High School duties on Friday night. Last year at one of our games Morris flew in on a helicopter ... he was recruiting a player on the other team. I had no clue who he was so I asked one of the coaches with me. He said, "That's Chad Morris, head coach at SMU. He's a great coach and even a better guy. Really sharp offensive guru and high school coaching legend." I didn't get to meet him but he made a point to come across and talk to our head coach and staff as well. This meshes with what the word on the street and in the media is about him.                                                                                                                               

LOL, seriously?  If we could bring in Venebles as as an assistant coach we could have brought him in as head coach.  Not going to happen.

titsonboar

What Coach B was doing wasn't coaching- that was staring.

Hog_Fink

think there's gonna be a lot of ppl eating crow. Morris seems legit. People really don't realize how awful SMU was. Kids are going to be excited to play in this offense.

NuttinItUp

I like how he turned Clemson around into a powerhouse and saved Dabo's job.

The stuff he said in that interview about the Hogs being in the same spot Clemson was a few years ago got me excited. We can be a national power.

Broadway Rob

I have been absolutely against this hire.  However, the program is bigger than one man and I'm a hog fan till I die.  That being said, I'll support the coach and cheer him on all the way. 

I have major, major concerns about the defense but I must admit, I'm excited to have a gun-slingin' offense again.  That was the great thing about Petrino, you never felt like you were out of a game.  If we got behind with Bielema, it was over.   

I really hope Morris lands Bohanon and an exceptional DC.
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

HogNTX

Quote from: 1HourToHogville on December 06, 2017, 10:11:38 pm
Family member of mine is head football coach at a juco.   Said this was a great hire for Arkansas. I jokingly said we bought Malzahns offense for half price.  He said we got the better coach when comparing Malzahn and Morris.

Similiar to what I'm hearing from my coaching network too.