Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most intriguing thing about Morris

Started by welchog, December 06, 2017, 08:42:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

welchog

Maybe biased here, but he has a MATH degree from a highly reputable institution.

He is a logical, critical thinker.  He is an analyst.  A problem solver.

In short, he is probably the smartest man in the room.

hoginator

Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

dqhog

I had the same thoughts...man is an analyst and seems pretty smart.

pigtrino

Bacons Rebellion

I like that too.

I cringed when Bielema was saying how we had bought some sophisticated analytics package he had been studying. Bielema just wasn't Bill James.

panhandlepig

Quote from: welchog on December 06, 2017, 08:42:46 pm
Maybe biased here, but he has a MATH degree from a highly reputable institution.

He is a logical, critical thinker.  He is an analyst.  A problem solver.

In short, he is probably the smartest man in the room.

When I got over being confused about what the heck is happening and who is this guy, and researched more  that was my conclusion.  I like him. Not sure about being the smartest guy in the room.  Depends on how big the room is and who is in there. I'm hoping for the best. We shall see.

Go Hogs

Sooiepride

Been my experience that the number cruncher types often have a hard shell, or are more introverted (not that there's anything wrong with that). I obviously don't know the man, but from what I've seen and heard, he's got a strong offensive mind, but will cut up with the best of them....kind of a Bret Petrino...lol

Edit:  Does he ride motorcycles?
God, Family, Country, Razorbacks.

NuttinItUp

Meanwhile, Houston Nutt had a degree in PE.

No, I am not lying about that. It is true.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

guess how man F I have to give about his effing math degree you [CENSORED].

win me sec games. 

math degree I swear to all that is holy
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on December 06, 2017, 09:10:42 pm
I like that too.

I cringed when Bielema was saying how we had bought some sophisticated analytics package he had been studying. Bielema just wasn't Bill James.

dear God no wonder
Let's make some waves.

Ray_Finkle

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on December 06, 2017, 09:29:51 pm

win me sec games. 

Speaking of smart........

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Bacons Rebellion

Bielema's degree is in marketing.

I suppose to be honest, that's probably the most appropriate degree for a modern college football coach.

nevermind.  quoted wrong person, but who cares
Let's make some waves.

Bacons Rebellion

win me sec games. 

So I think most of us can agree that in at least SOME rooms, CM would be the smartest in the room.

panhandlepig

December 06, 2017, 09:37:17 pm #15 Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 10:03:11 pm by panhandlepig
Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 06, 2017, 09:27:24 pm
Meanwhile, Houston Nutt had a degree in PE.

No, I am not lying about that. It is true.
. It takes all kinds to make the world go round.  I'd really prefer to not talk about Houston Nutt right now.

johnfanman

Would the most interesting thing be that he is mediocre at recruiting?
Watching the Hogs through hell or high water.

PonderinHog

redeye

Bobby Petrino had a math degree and I don't think that's irrelevant.  Mathematicians don't just crunch numbers, but must also be able to analyze systems well to solve problems.

Sooiepride

Quote from: redeye on December 06, 2017, 10:01:03 pm
Bobby Petrino had a math degree and I don't think that's irrelevant.  Mathematicians don't just crunch numbers, but must also be able to analyze systems well to solve problems.

Didn't realize that about Bobby. He was a pretty fart smeller. Edit - most of the time. 😂
God, Family, Country, Razorbacks.

jchill

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on December 06, 2017, 09:33:09 pm
Bielema's degree is in marketing.

I suppose to be honest, that's probably the most appropriate degree for a modern college football coach.

Marketing is no joke. It was one of my favorite classes.

carolinahogger

win me sec games. 

Have another drink.

Hoggish1

I'm looking for a coach with a degree in common sense.  the rest is frosting...

HogPharmer

Quote from: johnfanman on December 06, 2017, 09:44:05 pm
Would the most interesting thing be that he is mediocre at recruiting?

His hire here alone already has a 2019 top QB prospect reconsidering Arkansas. Oh and he also already offered a recruit earlier today before he was even officially announced as HC. The man was hitting the ground running before the ink was dry, yet he's mediocre?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HogPharmer

win me sec games. 

I love how you put the claim that you're a hog fan in parentheses. Very fitting.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

redeye

Quote from: Sooiepride on December 06, 2017, 10:02:17 pm
Didn't realize that about Bobby. He was a pretty fart smeller. Edit - most of the time. 😂

Yea, most of the time... lol

HogPharmer

Quote from: Sooiepride on December 06, 2017, 09:24:45 pm
Been my experience that the number cruncher types often have a hard shell, or are more introverted (not that there's anything wrong with that). I obviously don't know the man, but from what I've seen and heard, he's got a strong offensive mind, but will cut up with the best of them....kind of a Bret Petrino...lol

Edit:  Does he ride motorcycles?

redeye

Quote from: jchill on December 06, 2017, 10:05:08 pm

Marketing is no joke. It was one of my favorite classes.

Nope, but I think it's interesting to look at our coach's fields of study.  Bielema seemed all about marketing and not so good with on-field decisions, in contrast to Petrino, who was a good critical thinker, but didn't give a hoot about marketing.

Morris may be a little of both, which is a winning combination.

IIRC, Jimmy Johnson's degree was in psychology and you could see that in how he prepared his players.  Urban Meyer's is also psychology, while Saban majored in business.

welchog

Quote from: redeye on December 06, 2017, 10:01:03 pm

That makes perfect sense.  Probably one of the most detail-oriented coaches on the planet which I heard was one of CCM's traits as well.

Feel better and better about this hire all the time.

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 06, 2017, 10:24:42 pm
I love how you put the claim that you're a hog fan in parentheses. Very fitting.

That was done when I added my actual name.  after being told.i wouldn't post my crazy stuff if using actual name.  but hey.  whatever
Let's make some waves.